The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm kind of lost and I don't know what to do

Nesqic

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 10, 2023
I'm gonna be 15 years old in a week and I don't know if learning playing the guitar, drawing, coding and stock trading is good now. I've asked some people older than me and some said to follow these hobbies some said to just focus on coding and stocks and then on the rest and right now I don't know what to do. My mom tells me to go to college (it's free in the country I live in) and to go there I need to learn how to draw really well (cause if I have to go to college I want to study architecture) but I also want to learn coding to start making some money mainly to invest and to buy a motorcycle (to cut the time I need to spend to arrive at school in half and have posibility to just go somewhere a lot faster). So what should I do?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
I'm gonna be 15 years old in a week and I don't know if learning playing the guitar, drawing, coding and stock trading is good now. I've asked some people older than me and some said to follow these hobbies some said to just focus on coding and stocks and then on the rest and right now I don't know what to do. My mom tells me to go to college (it's free in the country I live in) and to go there I need to learn how to draw really well (cause if I have to go to college I want to study architecture) but I also want to learn coding to start making some money mainly to invest and to buy a motorcycle (to cut the time I need to spend to arrive at school in half and have posibility to just go somewhere a lot faster). So what should I do?
It's amazing that you are already thinking about what does it take to build a great future for yourself at such a young age!

You have an advantage that can make building a great future for yourself much easier. You have time, a lot of it, so don't waste it, use as much of it as you can. In order to use as much of the time as you can, at first you need to figure out what can you use it on and then make sure that it's going exactly towards that.

So what should you do? You need to learn to help people, find what problems, needs or struggles they have, and then come up with solutions to them. Stop focusing on yourself and what you want and shift your focus towards other people and finding out what they want, and then you will clearly know what exactly you need to do.

An example would be: You find a problem that people have and this problem can be solved with coding. Great, now you find coders to create a solution to this problem or you code it yourself.

There's no need to spend time learning something before you even know why you need that/

dainisdukalskis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 8, 2023
you're 15, I had so much time on my hands when I was 15, but I wasted it away playing videogames and doing degenerate things. all YOU have to think about is if college is for you, wether you'll allocate time to coding( because in truth you don't need to go college to become a software programmer there's always online courses ) and you could always sell your art too. so sit down and think what you want to do. if you're getting a motorcycle, you'll need .obey for lessons and to buy one, to Insure it and maybe even pay road tax( depending on where you live). but most of all don't make yourself a slave to your own lifestyle.

Nesqic

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 10, 2023
you're 15, I had so much time on my hands when I was 15, but I wasted it away playing videogames and doing degenerate things. all YOU have to think about is if college is for you, wether you'll allocate time to coding( because in truth you don't need to go college to become a software programmer there's always online courses ) and you could always sell your art too. so sit down and think what you want to do. if you're getting a motorcycle, you'll need .obey for lessons and to buy one, to Insure it and maybe even pay road tax( depending on where you live). but most of all don't make yourself a slave to your own lifestyle.
What do you mean by saying not to make myself a slave to my own lifestyle?

dainisdukalskis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 8, 2023
What do you mean by saying not to make myself a slave to my own lifestyle?
if you do buy a motorcycle, you may not be able to afford it: maintaining it, insurance etc etc, there's also the probability it could be stolen too. you live with your mum so it's not as bad, but if you lived on your own it could be difficult. I'm saying that if you're buying a motorcycle, you're going to be living a lifestyle where you own a bike, and bikes can get expensive so can cars and houses. You just have to think about it. My step brother is a dunce and he's £30,000 in debt with a car . and he keeps swapping jobs, losing them. getting fines and points onto his license... he has no responsibility or accountability for himself.

dainisdukalskis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 8, 2023
It's amazing that you are already thinking about what does it take to build a great future for yourself at such a young age!

You have an advantage that can make building a great future for yourself much easier. You have time, a lot of it, so don't waste it, use as much of it as you can. In order to use as much of the time as you can, at first you need to figure out what can you use it on and then make sure that it's going exactly towards that.

So what should you do? You need to learn to help people, find what problems, needs or struggles they have, and then come up with solutions to them. Stop focusing on yourself and what you want and shift your focus towards other people and finding out what they want, and then you will clearly know what exactly you need to do.

An example would be: You find a problem that people have and this problem can be solved with coding. Great, now you find coders to create a solution to this problem or you code it yourself.

There's no need to spend time learning something before you even know why you need that/
you're completely right, there's no need to learn something when you don't know why you want to learn it, he thinks that once you become a coder you can earn lots of money. I feel that's why he wants to learn it.

Nesqic

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 10, 2023
you're completely right, there's no need to learn something when you don't know why you want to learn it, he thinks that once you become a coder you can earn lots of money. I feel that's why he wants to learn it.
that's the main reason why I want to learn it, but I think that coding generally is a great skill to have, cause it's easy to build something useful with it

Zontora

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2023
Prioritize, focus, and remove all distractions. Set a goal, chase it and don't stop until you achieve it. Find out where you want to be in 10 years, then cut that into smaller pieces, and even smaller actionable pieces.

Zayan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Dec 31, 2023
Hey man I just turned 16, My word of advice is think about all your courses next year right now and then go to your guidance counsellor for advice. Build skills and habits now, think of it as year 15 is a battleground, The habits and skills you learn are your soldiers.

For bike, You can get one of those motorized bike kits that put a 50cc engine in a normal bicycle turning into a motorized bike. Its a little weak but will do the trick

Nesqic

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 10, 2023
Hey man I just turned 16, My word of advice is think about all your courses next year right now and then go to your guidance counsellor for advice. Build skills and habits now, think of it as year 15 is a battleground, The habits and skills you learn are your soldiers.

For bike, You can get one of those motorized bike kits that put a 50cc engine in a normal bicycle turning into a motorized bike. Its a little weak but will do the trick
for the bike I was thinking for a 125cc as it's the best I can get at 16. It's rather cheap so I think it's not gonna be hard to buy it if get a job or something like it

Zayan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Dec 31, 2023
for the bike I was thinking for a 125cc as it's the best I can get at 16. It's rather cheap so I think it's not gonna be hard to buy it if get a job or something like it
My friend bought a cheap a$$ mountain bike from facebook marketplace and then got the kit online im pretty sure, it cost him less than $400 not too sure on the price maybe even less than that. You can probably find a 125 cc online as well if im not mistaken but you will probably need a license for that

He set it up and just takes it to school and then his job everyday, fuel is cheap as shit too.

It might not look that good but if you wanna be practical just get it and maybe f around with your friends with it a little bit for fun.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsN3NabLbSM&t=3s

This is what the parts are like

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Welcome.

Have fun playing with chatgpt first.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.