The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm in the biggest race of my life against time and myself

fvckdej_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 21, 2020
Lagos
I feel like I've been asleep my whole life and just recently
woke up to realise I'm in the biggest race of my life against time.
I never really had control of my life. It felt just like watching your life
unfold right in front you and not having the power or ability to influence
most of the scenarios that played out . For the longest I'd always accepted
things just the way they were, eventually I realised that things will only remain
the same if I accepted it to be that way. I'm on a journey now to prove to my old self
and others around me that the only thing stopping anyone from achieving a lot is
themselves and not the government, the economy, good luck or the lack of it.
Sometimes I feel like I'm deceiving my self and that with time I'll eventually fall back into my old pattern
of thinking. I hate that feeling, it makes me feel like my dreams and aspirations are not valid.
But I know it's just my old self talking. So if there are people on here who could relate to this post,
I hope you're doing all you can to keep ahead in this race. I hope your self doubts don't consume you
and render your dreams shattered. You will win this race even if it ends up being a marathon.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lunga ngcobo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 29, 2019
I feel like I've been asleep my whole life and just recently
woke up to realise I'm in the biggest race of my life against time.
I never really had control of my life. It felt just like watching your life
unfold right in front you and not having the power or ability to influence
most of the scenarios that played out . For the longest I'd always accepted
things just the way they were, eventually I realised that things will only remain
the same if I accepted it to be that way. I'm on a journey now to prove to my old self
and others around me that the only thing stopping anyone from achieving a lot is
themselves and not the government, the economy, good luck or the lack of it.
Sometimes I feel like I'm deceiving my self and that with time I'll eventually fall back into my old pattern
of thinking. I hate that feeling, it makes me feel like my dreams and aspirations are not valid.
But I know it's just my old self talking. So if there are people on here who could relate to this post,
I hope you're doing all you can to keep ahead in this race. I hope your self doubts don't consume you
and render your dreams shattered. You will win this race even if it ends up being a marathon.
Congrats on getting past the past the first stage to success now a tough road of staying motivated and protecting your dream lies ahead.

The trick is to keep moving nometer what! your biggest challenge is other humans who desire to kill your dream and want you to end up like them. assholes and haters are your biggest opsticles. make sure to stay away from those. good luck!!

kleine2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 15, 2013
Hi,
I can really relate to what you are saying.
One of the things I can recommend is to join or create a mastermind group in order to be around other people that support encourage and help each other along the road.
It's good to keep a positive view and to remember that most people are good people, not out to get you or anything and mostly just having struggles of their own.
All the best
Elisha

fvckdej_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 21, 2020
Lagos
Congrats on getting past the past the first stage to success now a tough road of staying motivated and protecting your dream lies ahead.

The trick is to keep moving nometer what! your biggest challenge is other humans who desire to kill your dream and want you to end up like them. assholes and haters are your biggest opsticles. make sure to stay away from those. good luck!!
Thank you for taking your time to respond and encourage me. I really appreciate it.

fvckdej_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 21, 2020
Lagos
Hi,
I can really relate to what you are saying.
One of the things I can recommend is to join or create a mastermind group in order to be around other people that support encourage and help each other along the road.
It's good to keep a positive view and to remember that most people are good people, not out to get you or anything and mostly just having struggles of their own.
All the best
Elisha
Thanks a lot Elisha. Do you know of any such groups I could join?

kleine2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 15, 2013
Thanks a lot Elisha. Do you know of any such groups I could join?

Depending on what industry you operate in it might make sense to find people in the same or close areas or to create your own group with people that you know in that industry. I've seen that there are also some threads here on the forum for mastermind groups, you could also start your own.

fvckdej_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 21, 2020
Lagos
Depending on what industry you operate in it might make sense to find people in the same or close areas or to create your own group with people that you know in that industry. I've seen that there are also some threads here on the forum for mastermind groups, you could also start your own.
alright, I'll look into it. Thanks a lot

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...