The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I got written up today , but wish they had fired me.

PTFIRE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 2, 2020
miami
Today was a pretty good wake up call for me.

Actually, It's been more like a wake up year. No hold on , make that two years or three I cant keep count.

All I know is the more I think about stuff the less stuff gets done. Take today for example. For the past 10 years I have been employed by a big box gym ( second biggest in the country ) as a personal trainer. Technically master trainer but who cares. That SOOO slow lane you'll say , given that the churn rate for a personal trainer is about 85-90%. Meaning almost every one quits within the first 6 months.

But I like helping people , it was something that came natural to me and I became good at it. Actually the best at my gym and in the district. Without planning on it, I became really good at training people with injuries, surgeries, wether it was young people or old.

In my early days I was just happy to make some money and be able to get a workout since I was heavily into bodybuilding. I got to train myself, train my clients and improve their lives in many cases better than their doctors or physical therapists. I have seen almost every type of pain people feel and know what the cause of it and how to improve it.

About 5 years ago while I was cruising with my wife, I read MJ's TMF and a couple of months later UNSCRIPTED . it was the most amazing advice I could have ever gotten. I have been an avid reader but that type of information was so underground that should be considered ilegal. No ones talks about that. I promised myself I would take action that month .... but did not. Instead I kept reading and like a good shiny object follower I stumbled on the F.I.R.E. movement at that time.

It just seems so much easier to save than to make money. Even if you know deep inside that there is a limit to how much you can save vs limitless possibilities of how much you can earn. So I got to saving.

We managed to save about 70% of our combined income while living a minimalist lifestyle ( boring I know) . So we bout a home in Fort Lauderdale and paid it off within 3 years. We love the climate down here and how close to my country ( Ecuador ) it is.

But I know I am overextending myself here, It is in fact my first post and actually my first time writing more than a couple of sentences in years.

So to get to the point, I got written up today for not meeting the gyms quota for sales. Not because It was hard but because I am making better money training clients at home, although they dont know that. The thing this type of business is not scalable as it is a time for money exchange.

It's like I have reached the point where I cannot handle it anymore. The environment at work has changed, the good people have left and I do not enjoy doing what I used to look forward to. The money is good but for me this is it. I have to figure something out. Some way of getting out of the rat race.

Since yesterday, I have been reading so many inspiring posts from people that have made it. It has really motivated me to take action this time. Maybe I'll review this post in a few years and know If I have executed or not. And if I have not then I'll take full responsibility for wherever I am.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
When I was working at my old job and super burned out, every time management had a complaint I'd rant about how they should fire me. That way I would've gotten unemployment.

They didn't fire me, but I cut expenses and managed to live without the job for some time. Maybe you can do the same.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
I was in a very similar situation.

1) No-one works for more than 6 months
2) All the good people have left

Two major red flags.
Obviously, it's management that's the problem, always the psychopaths who survive in situations like this.

What you should do depends on:
1) How negatively this situation is affecting you
2) How easily you'd be able to find a tolerable job that has similar pay

If the two are above a certain threshold, leave.

Ultimately, the best plan for you is to use your bodybuilding knowledge to form a fastlane business whilst the job is just temporary to coast on / fund the business.

PTFIRE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 2, 2020
miami
Thank you guys, this helps.

I have saved up some money to start a small business. Working on elements to make it more CENTS approved. I have been reading about purchasing a small business from bizbuysell and turn it around.

Will report back with results.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Thank you guys, this helps.

I have saved up some money to start a small business. Working on elements to make it more CENTS approved. I have been reading about purchasing a small business from bizbuysell and turn it around.

Will report back with results.

My friend so many people think they have a secure J-O-B when it really is not.
Have you heard about this latest mega launch with Anthony Robbins and Russel Brunson and Dean Graziosi?

I just typed the name Knowledge Broker Blueprint to leave a link to the main site and there are so many Gurus promoting it I can not even tell what the original URL is! :)

So that tells us it is several thousand dollars investment and very attractive to affiliates.

But my point is we do not need a Multiple Thousand Dollar course to tell us we should be using the knowledge we already have for others to leverage.

It sounds like you not only have a product in your head but you already niched it down to People who have had injuries fitness program!

Just a simple infoproduct to start out with and build a list that trust your future recommendations. It's been working and will continue to work.

You got your sign/omen, you have the knowledge and drive. It's 2020 baby. Get to it.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Probably not a good thing for others to do but here was my question when any boss would say they were going to write me up..... When I get 5 write-ups do I get a raise? They would look at me like I was crazy and say NO! And I would say.... then what do I care? How does it affect me? Either fire me or shut the hell up. I never did get a write-up from anyone but I never cared. At that time, as long as I had a Dr. Pepper and enough money to go to the race track that weekend, I was good to go.

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
Maybe I'll review this post in a few years and know If I have executed or not. And if I have not then I'll take full responsibility for wherever I am.

Make a decision and take responsibility NOW. Why wait a few years?

Re-read the title of your post. You wish THEY had fired YOU? That's giving someone else control over your life and wishing they would make a decision for you because you can't make it for yourself.

Fire yourself. Make the decision you wish they would make for you.

PTFIRE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 2, 2020
miami
Make a decision and take responsibility NOW. Why wait a few years?

Re-read the title of your post. You wish THEY had fired YOU? That's giving someone else control over your life and wishing they would make a decision for you because you can't make it for yourself.

Fire yourself. Make the decision you wish they would make for you.
Than you perhaps this is what I needed. I do have some savings to venture into at least two businesses. Sometimes its hard to part ways on something you've done for so long but at the same time I don't really care if they did fire me. You guys are awesome ! It is so hard to find a community of people dedicated to the pursuit of freedom. My wife doesn't understand it, neither people around me, coworkers and family members even less. As I read how so many people have become financially independent makes me wanna do it as well.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Dude start a home services business.

This will get you the boost you need (a quick win), and you can easily replace your PT income within a month or two if you hustle your a$$ off.

PTFIRE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 2, 2020
miami
THank you everyone for being so supportive. I have made de decision to quit.

Right now with all the virus chaos, they have closed the gym. My plan is to service all the sessions from people that bought for which is gonna take about another month.

When I presented the opportunity to at home training , majority were on board which would provide enough cash for expenses. Right now, my wife is not working due to a surgery she had a year ago and honestly I don't know if she will ever be able to go back to a normal job ( cant sit for long hours).

In the past week I have gotten really deep into learning about online business and how to acquire customers, how blogs work, funnels, video recording and editing. I have been trying to find out what I would actually like to do and what I think I would find a chance to shine.

I believe is in making youtube videos. As I write this post I have over 2k worth of equipment on my amazon cart. My plan is to make videos in the fitness niche that will be informative as well as entertaining. Not so much workouts since there's so many of that. But more talking head videos with lots of great content.

This is what I got so far. Im very thankful for this community, for all the ideas that you guys have and also because if I hadn't stumbled on this forum ( again) I don't think I would have made any decisions.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I believe is in making youtube videos. As I write this post I have over 2k worth of equipment on my amazon cart.

Do you need 2k worth of equipment to shoot talking head videos? I say start today with way less money, maybe register videos with your phone's camera or start with a simpler camera. The 2k will be spent at a later time if you will be able to monetize your YouTube content. In fact, you will want to reinvest most of what you earn at the start in better equipment and whatnot.

This way you:
1) don't delay starting something you actually CAN START RIGHT NOW.
2) won't waste time learning how to use the equipment, when you don't even know if what you are doing is viable, or if you enjoy doing it long term.

Register yourself with your phone and upload the video to your YouTube channel today. There are a couple of threads on the forum about how to get started with YouTube and suggestions about how to get found. But don't check them out until after you have uploaded your first video.

All the best my guy :fistbump:

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Have you thought about how you're gonna monetize?

Do you realize that most YouTube channels take years to even cover your bills from Ad revenue alone?

Uploading daily is a LOT of work. I have a full time assistant and we still are struggling to get daily videos filmed, edited, and published.

Not to discourage you AT ALL but I think you should have an action plan of how you're gonna cover your expenses by NEXT MONTH, especially with your wife not working.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
If what I'm reading is correct, it's not so easy to make money off Youtube anymore.

Maybe use Youtube & other free avenues, like Instagram to put our 'teasers', something that is of value, but leaves the viewer desiring more.

Then create a course you can sell for money instead of purely building a Youtube channel.

Aussie Dan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 16, 2019
Bunbury WA
110% agree with the experienced members above.

Save your 2k from Amazon and use your phone on a $10 tripod to shoot vids.

Always focus on how you can create value which others will want to buy (using actual $$) which will then reinforce your value. Focus on an area that others want to know about e.g. How To Recover From Your Sports Injury In Two Weeks etc. etc.

PTFIRE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 2, 2020
miami
I took advice from some of you guys and returned the equipment that I got.from amazon and just recorded with my 3 year old Android phone. Used premiere pro to edit the videos after watching dozens of hours of youtube tutorials and now learning Photoshop to create some clickworthy thumbnails.
Today I'm filming my third video and I'm super pumped just to get them out there.
I know soon enough I have to find a way to monetize but right now I just wanna see if I can keep up with the workload and not hate the process which I don't.
This is the most I've ever sat in my life. Between scripting , researching , editing , learning I think I've flatten my a$$ after years of building it lol
Funny all these changes happen right at the Dawn of all the virus chaos so I can at least leverage that free time.
Also. Have to say already got my first 100 subs. Lame I know , but for me it's huge.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.