The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I dreamt of having 246.000.000 € in my bank account.

Anything related to matters of the mind

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
So apparentally it was found out that I was a relative of Chopin (one of the greatest Pianists who had ever lived) and I was send his inheritance or something like that. It was 246 million €, casually sent to me.

How do you think I reacted? I just found out that my gramps was one of the coolest musicians ever and I casually got a bit of pocket money.
Probably well, right?
But I wasn't really feeling it. I was like "just like this? This doesn't feel so good. Do I even deserve it?".
The next thing that happened was that I was feeling anxious about all this money. What if somebody steals my credit card? How do I deal with inflation? Hell, how do credit cards even work?? I'm 16!!
I wasn't feeling glorious and even thought about still learning how to make money anyways.
I can't really remember much as my dream recall has been pretty bad since last week, but I do know that I was feeling more of an existential dread than something like happiness.

What do you guys think?

tl;dr: I inherited 246 mio. € and didn't really like it. I wasn't proud of myself and was kinda scared to handle so much money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FirstLawMotion

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 2, 2020
Canada
So apparentally it was found out that I was a relative of Chopin (one of the greatest Pianists who had ever lived) and I was send his inheritance or something like that. It was 246 million €, casually sent to me.

How do you think I reacted? I just found out that my gramps was one of the coolest musicians ever and I casually got a bit of pocket money.
Probably well, right?
But I wasn't really feeling it. I was like "just like this? This doesn't feel so good. Do I even deserve it?".
The next thing that happened was that I was feeling anxious about all this money. What if somebody steals my credit card? How do I deal with inflation? Hell, how do credit cards even work?? I'm 16!!
I wasn't feeling glorious and even thought about still learning how to make money anyways.
I can't really remember much as my dream recall has been pretty bad since last week, but I do know that I was feeling more of an existential dread than something like happiness.

What do you guys think?

tl;dr: I inherited 246 mio. € and didn't really like it. I wasn't proud of myself and was kinda scared to handle so much money.
I'd imagine becoming wealthy by earning it yourself with your blood, sweat and tears feels a whole lot better than being handed the money. You'll always have that voice at the back of your mind asking you if you could have done it yourself; if you could have built something from nothing.

Naval Ravikant, one of my favourite entrepreneurs and thinkers has a thought experiment where he says that your goal should be to live your life and to create processes so that in 49 out of 50 timelines, you'd become rich. You don't want to be the guy who gets lucky once, you want to be the guy who almost always figures it out, regardless of starting circumstances.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA

Probably well, right?

What do you guys think?

In The Millionaire Next Door, the author interviewed people from all walks of life.

Kids who knew that their parents were rich (or worse, were given lots of money) did not accumulate as much wealth on their own.

Kids who thought their parents were poor/middle class accumulated much more wealth on their own.

As it turns out, you walk the tightrope better when there is no safety net.

I agree that it will feel better if you earn it than win/inherit it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.