The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I attached our Pitch deck for transparent feedback!

Trail_&_Error

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 4, 2020
Seattle
Hi,

I started another thread about our baseball startup tech company 2-3 days ago and I was provided some great feedback.

I felt it would be positive to post our entire pitch deck in this thread for those who have the time to provide any feedback. @Knugs provided very in-depth feedback for me in the previous thread.

I attached the two youtube videos of our tech, because the file is a pdf, and won't play in the document if you choose to view it.

Slide
Part 1:
View: https://youtu.be/znE--KYJvfg

Part 2:
View: https://youtu.be/6RbrvFOmzxM

@Knugs provided us with negatives in these areas

File type
-file type issues with the .ppsx file that could be an initial turn off for investors when opening it. (a security warning in powerpoint)

Cover slide (Slide 1)
-Our logo should be changed.
-Our left catch-phrase is too long and complicated.
-The right phrase is out of touch and too long
-Overall the cover slide needs to be more concise and simple

Our Mission (Slide 2)
-
Needs to more clearly state the problem
-Too much text

The Problem (Slide 3)
-
We did not provide any evidence that kids are leaving the game because they cannot hit and also evidence that our solution solves that problem.
-This will leave potential investors wondering.

Our Solution (Slide 4)
-Liked it

Video Slide (Slide 5)
-didn't play, should take it out

Slides (7-8)
-If there are going to exist should have data and not fillers

Market (Slides 8-13)
-Bar graph may show investors the game is dying with the huge dropoff and cause fear
-Product market fit slide shouldn't exist, take it out

Venture Investment (Slide 15)
-Killed the pitch by asking for 5M
-No provided sales data (we have none)
-We have no funding rounds. We are in a pre-seeding.
-We didn't provide how much equity we would give away.
-Really have to justify 5M

Sales projections (Slide 17)
-We are app-based and each player would have an account on our platform. Our sales would be 1:1 even if we sold it to an organization (this is clarity on the slide)
-We make many assumptions that are not validated or backed up and the sales are questionable
-Maybe we could show the market for hitting instruction to show that parents are willing to pay for a hitting instructor, and our tech provides a direct substitute.

Scenario slides (Slides 19-24 not necessary)

Start up- cost slides (Slides 25-27)

-We are starting on expenses that are too high
-Starting salaries are too high for a pre-seed startup
-We should be seeking 200k instead

In our current set up we are a real bad investment case
Our facility cost is a red flag at 135k
We don't need a big team, and there is no justification for what each team member does, and their role.

He ends with we should stick to roughly 250k and give 15-20% equity for further funding rounds. Once we do sales and gain traction we can start another raising round.

We are better off creating a super lean-MVP that we can gain traction with. The traction will allow us to fundraise. By lowering the investment volume we can include more funds and BA's.

This was @Knugs feedback for our deck and business plan summarized. I cannot thank him enough for doing that! Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read this and provide feedback.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• X Factor Technology Deck 2021 PDF.pdf
    10.8 MB · Views: 8

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Design wise, if you've $12 - $25 to spare, go to PowerPoint Template Graphics, Designs & Templates and get one of those beautiful templates, then transfer the content over. Don't change the font type or size or colors or design in those templates unless you really have to, just purely the content. Then export that as PPT and PDF.

I know many FLers here will say logos / design don't matter but for $12 - $25, it's more than worth it. Current deck looks too amateurish and hard to take it seriously tbf. Also, I feel a copywriter can really improve this deck by leaps and bounds.

Trail_&_Error

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 4, 2020
Seattle
Design wise, if you've $12 - $25 to spare, go to PowerPoint Template Graphics, Designs & Templates and get one of those beautiful templates, then transfer the content over. Don't change the font type or size or colors or design in those templates unless you really have to, just purely the content. Then export that as PPT and PDF.

I know many FLers here will say logos / design don't matter but for $12 - $25, it's more than worth it. Current deck looks too amateurish and hard to take it seriously tbf. Also, I feel a copywriter can really improve this deck by leaps and bounds.
Thank you for the suggestion, will be looking into templates!

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Thank you for the suggestion, will be looking into templates!
What is your cash situation?

You need a brand identity - or really a branding guide w/ fonts/logos/colours/designs/letterheads/flyers etc. These allow you to design a beautiful and professional pitch deck which will then have a much better impact on investors. You need the guide anyway, because all your marketing, sales, website, merchandise, app design and app development stems from this single guide. For example this is our leaflet design:Branding.png

You can get someone off fiverr or upwork. We used a russian branding designer; quite an experience.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.