The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am 19, I have $15,000, and I have an audience.

Idea threads

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Hi everyone, I am looking for advice on my situation to make the most out of my business. Need some help

First of all, If you're wondering how I got the $15,000, I got by starting with selling things on ebay, I funneled that into sports cards, those went up a lot, and then I put that money into ethereum at $900 and ended up with almost $40,000 and i made a stupid mistake to move out of my parents
house (this taught me a massive lesson about money) and spend money on rent and stuff but I stopped myself from spending money now and I have $15,000.

My demographic that I target is young men under the age of 19. I post self improvement content specifically for them in terms of
fitness, spiritually, mental fitness, etc.

I have 25,000 followers on tiktok from doing this and thousands of followers on instagram. I use my leverage of having been working out for 7 years
and my interest in a wide range of topics to make young men feel good, motivated, and find out new information to use in their lives.

I started this roughly a month and a half ago from zero and since I have put wrote a small book on amazon for young men's self improvement (Amazon.com). I sell it for $6 and make about $2 profit from each sale.

I have a website Michael Carlucci's Site that I put together that offers training plans, coaching, and I am in the process of creating a 100 video course about everything I possibly know about working out (science backed and everything. im trying to make it very good) that I'm going to sell for $147

And I am in the process of creating a membership site that has self improvement articles, community, new workouts posted daily, unique recipes that I like to use in my diet, etc. This is going to be $8.95 a month per person

I have a YouTube channel that I hope to monetize in the future https://www.youtube.com/mikecarlooch

I have skillshare classes coming out, a more intricate book idea that I hope can become somewhat of a prodocracy, I have a lot of ideas

I have an idea for a specific type of tank top a lot of young guys I think will like

But there's one problem I feel like. I hustle, I really do put in the work day in day out, but do you guys think I'm doing it right and am on a path to creating real value for the people I'm trying to reach? (13-19 year old men)

My sales are not amazing.. But I am stoked to have ANY sales. But it's not a lot so far yet my audience is growing every day and sometimes
upwards of 100,000+ people watch my tiktok videos daily.

Do you think I've just not been doing it long enough? How do you think I can better my chances of creating a prodacracy? Or getting profitable in this business to a point where I can live off of it and keep growing it into something bigger? Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ooooskar

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 9, 2021
I am 21 of a similar age as you and I have also thought about getting into the same sphere as you, however I work fulltime in an environment where I cannot be public. I was thinking about using my financial experience to educate young men ages 16-24 about personal finance. I now recently completed my degree in finance, thinking that would legitimize the things I would say. I have looked into the sphere that you have looked into.

I had worked an internship in college where I worked for a young entrepreneur. He had given me advice on how to start. Seemingly you have a head start in the sense that you already have a following on a popular social media platform. The person I had interned for had said that the starting audience is greatly important to see the scope and interest base of the business you are going for.

Essentially he stated this order. 1. Gain a following of a topic 2. Generate multiple accounts across all platforms 3. Gain some reputation of being a solid source of information on the topic. 4. Have a landing site where one can easily purchase the product you are selling. 5. Use surveys or even one-on-one sessions about your product to understand what your audience yearns. 6. Gain methods of contact to keep your customers and audience in the loop. 7. Edit and revise based on the feedback.

I think that in your case you would greatly benefit from seeing others of a similar market. I believe the closest approximation is Hamza on YouTube. Additionally, an editor would benefit you greatly by allowing you to free up time in production of content.

Please make sure that your content is focused on providing value to the viewer rather than an advertisement for your product.

I look forward to the growth of your business venture.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I target is young men under the age of 19.
to make young men feel good
okay mr. epstein lol

But really, I think you should keep putting out content, build an audience much larger, then siphen the customers away to your own platform of some sort whether it's a texting group, an "INSIDERS" circle, or whatever. Access to you or to a network of other motivated guys. The one thing ambitious people want is to be in an active network. Something thats just a few bucks a month and a thousand guys join is all you need. From there you'll have a great community and it'll keep them close to you.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
okay mr. epstein lol

But really, I think you should keep putting out content, build an audience much larger, then siphen the customers away to your own platform of some sort whether it's a texting group, an "INSIDERS" circle, or whatever. Access to you or to a network of other motivated guys. The one thing ambitious people want is to be in an active network. Something thats just a few bucks a month and a thousand guys join is all you need. From there you'll have a great community and it'll keep them close to you.
LOL!!! First line actually made me laugh out loud.
Secondly, I appreciate this comment and it actually opened me up to something I've been resisting on for a little while. thanks Johnny !

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
I am 21 of a similar age as you and I have also thought about getting into the same sphere as you, however I work fulltime in an environment where I cannot be public. I was thinking about using my financial experience to educate young men ages 16-24 about personal finance. I now recently completed my degree in finance, thinking that would legitimize the things I would say. I have looked into the sphere that you have looked into.

I had worked an internship in college where I worked for a young entrepreneur. He had given me advice on how to start. Seemingly you have a head start in the sense that you already have a following on a popular social media platform. The person I had interned for had said that the starting audience is greatly important to see the scope and interest base of the business you are going for.

Essentially he stated this order. 1. Gain a following of a topic 2. Generate multiple accounts across all platforms 3. Gain some reputation of being a solid source of information on the topic. 4. Have a landing site where one can easily purchase the product you are selling. 5. Use surveys or even one-on-one sessions about your product to understand what your audience yearns. 6. Gain methods of contact to keep your customers and audience in the loop. 7. Edit and revise based on the feedback.

I think that in your case you would greatly benefit from seeing others of a similar market. I believe the closest approximation is Hamza on YouTube. Additionally, an editor would benefit you greatly by allowing you to free up time in production of content.

Please make sure that your content is focused on providing value to the viewer rather than an advertisement for your product.

I look forward to the growth of your business venture.
Thank you brother!! This is some solid advice... I will absolutely take it.. the part about the editor is something I haven't considered

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Are you familiar with ‘Hamza’ on YouTube? Very similar to what you’re trying to do but he’s blown up on YT the past year, would be good to model.
Good luck Mike!

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hi everyone, I am looking for advice on my situation to make the most out of my business. Need some help

First of all, If you're wondering how I got the $15,000, I got by starting with selling things on ebay, I funneled that into sports cards, those went up a lot, and then I put that money into ethereum at $900 and ended up with almost $40,000 and i made a stupid mistake to move out of my parents
house (this taught me a massive lesson about money) and spend money on rent and stuff but I stopped myself from spending money now and I have $15,000.

My demographic that I target is young men under the age of 19. I post self improvement content specifically for them in terms of

I have 25,000 followers on tiktok from doing this and thousands of followers on instagram. I use my leverage of having been working out for 7 years
and my interest in a wide range of topics to make young men feel good, motivated, and find out new information to use in their lives.

I started this roughly a month and a half ago from zero and since I have put wrote a small book on amazon for young men's self improvement (Amazon.com). I sell it for $6 and make about $2 profit from each sale.

I have a website Michael Carlucci's Site that I put together that offers training plans, coaching, and I am in the process of creating a 100 video course about everything I possibly know about working out (science backed and everything. im trying to make it very good) that I'm going to sell for $147

And I am in the process of creating a membership site that has self improvement articles, community, new workouts posted daily, unique recipes that I like to use in my diet, etc. This is going to be $8.95 a month per person

I have a YouTube channel that I hope to monetize in the future https://www.youtube.com/mikecarlooch

I have skillshare classes coming out, a more intricate book idea that I hope can become somewhat of a prodocracy, I have a lot of ideas

I have an idea for a specific type of tank top a lot of young guys I think will like

But there's one problem I feel like. I hustle, I really do put in the work day in day out, but do you guys think I'm doing it right and am on a path to creating real value for the people I'm trying to reach? (13-19 year old men)

My sales are not amazing.. But I am stoked to have ANY sales. But it's not a lot so far yet my audience is growing every day and sometimes

Do you think I've just not been doing it long enough? How do you think I can better my chances of creating a prodacracy? Or getting profitable in this business to a point where I can live off of it and keep growing it into something bigger? Thank you.
So what is unique about your business?
What can a young man get from you that he cant get from any other social influencer with fitness, spirituality and other tip?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Solid execution!

But why only under 19?

If you are in the business of personal improvement, eating right and training consistently, older adults will be interested too.

ooooskar

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 9, 2021
Solid execution!

But why only under 19?

If you are in the business of personal improvement, eating right and training consistently, older adults will be interested too.
I have to agree with Kevin, in college and military I have seen people from the ages of 18-25 really struggle with goals and aspirations for the future.

I understand that the demographic that you are aiming for is the one that you are most familiar with being that you have experienced those ages. I have to say that most people in the college age have yet to figure out what they want out of life as well. Another consideration is the mental maturity of those you are selling to, many in that age have yet to see a need other than fulfilling short term comfort. Many live in the security of home and have not needed to face strong opposition. Those ages tend to not have much money for the products you are offering.

What I could recommend is scheduling one on one sessions as a life coach to expand your product line. It gives a more personal approach to the business model you are engaged in, as well as ideas for content. The people you sell to will literally tell you what they need, that you can turn into a product. This however will turn a part of your business that is attached to your time. This strategy is not ideal if you are trying to completely automate this business venture.

I can tell what you are doing is for the greater benefit of others. You most likely have gone through an almost religious awakening and now are excited to spread the word of a greater life. Just please try to focus on the value you provide for others rather than making fast money, many will be able to see through it.

Keep it up, I look forward to seeing your progress.

ooooskar

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Dec 9, 2021
okay mr. epstein lol

Good afternoon,

I recommend using the discord platform. Many of the demographic you are aiming for are people who spend much of their free time on a computer or mobile. It allows for a sectioned off communication channel, where you can offer tiers of products. It also allows for you to make appearances, letting your audience know that you care about them. \

I have personally seen this business model used by people who are influencers in the investing/trading sphere. I think it would translate well for you.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
I think the best way to go forward is to keep going and keep building your brand. You also have good proof of demand(300k TikTok etc.). By the time you're 28, you will not only have more life experience and be able to teach more effectively, but also a huge following who know you since the beginning.
You will change, and your audience will change with you.
Right now, just be careful about teaching things that you're just starting to understand. Because sometimes things turn out different than you learned initially.
The safest way of teaching is teaching what already worked for you in the past.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Aggressively grow that YouTube channel and start working with brands.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
okay mr. epstein lol

@Johnny boy

This was a long a$$ time ago lol

But coming back to this. finally took your advice here.

Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.