• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

How To Make $500 By Spending $50-$100 This Week With Robinhoods Referral Program

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by SweetTooth, Oct 8, 2018.

1. SweetTooth

SweetTooth Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,693
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hey Fastlane Forum,

Just to be clear there are no affiliate links in this post, I make a sum total of $0 by sharing this info. I'm just doing it to give some value. If I need to make any changes to the thread to keep it compliant with the rules definitely let me know. This has nothing to do with day trading or investing. This is about using the referral program that Robinhood is promoting, its basically affiliate marketing.

This is a two step process.
    1) Creating a robinhood account (if you already have one go to step #2)
    2) Creating a Propeller Ads advertiser account and running ads

So, lets just jump right into it. Robinhood has a referral program where you get a random stock worth $5 give or take for every person you refer to the app, signs up, and gets approved for an account. We use pop up ads to generate the traffic to get these referrals. The cap robinhood has is $500. So once you get $500 in referrals you can't get any more. Propeller ads minimum deposit is $100. In the cases with my friends and I we've only had to spend $50 on ads to cap out at the $500 in referrals. After you get $500, Robinhood makes you keep the money in your account for 30 days before you can withdrawal to your bank account.

If you already have a Robinhood account, great. If not, create one. You can download it on the app store (Google Play and Apple) or use your desktop Robinhood. Then go to Account > Free Stocks > Grab your referral link. It should look like share.robinhood.com/randomusernameandnumbers

Next go to Propeller Ads Propeller Ads – Display and Mobile Advertising Network and create an Advertiser account. Not a Publisher account. Deposit $100 under the "add funds" column. Then copy these campaign settings (will post images below).

Campaign Name: anything
    Principle Model: SmartCPM
    Ad Format: OnClick (Popunder)
    Target URL: your share.robinhood referral link
    Frequency: 1
    Capping: 24h
    CPA goal value: $0
    Countries: United States
    CPM: $0.5
    Cities: Leave blank
    Daily campaign budget: $10
    Total campaign budget: $100
    Audience: leave blank
    Campaign schedule: Don't touch
    Date start: today
    Ad delivery method: Standard
    Targeting: Advanced
    Connection type: mobile
    OS types: mobile
    OS's: iOS
    OS Versions: leave blank
    Device types: phone
    Devices: iPhone
    Mobile ISP: leave blank
    Proxy: not proxy
    Browsers, browser language, zone limitation: leave blank
    Do not check the box for "i want to get traffic from anti-adblock zones"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Click save changes, wait for campaign to be approved, and monitor. If your ad isnt spending increase the CPM bid $0.10, continue increasing $0.10/day until it spends. You'll get notified on Robinhood when a new person signs up. Then you just go to the Free Stocks tab in Robinhood again, and it'll let you play this card game where you pick a random card and then you get your free stock. In every case I've seen you'll get to the $500 before the week is over. Then you have to wait 30 days to withdraw. Cashing out is a two step process. You have to sell your individual stocks in Robinhood to get "buying power", then with that "buying power" you can withdraw the money to your bank. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Daniel A, Roli, baemes and 5 others like this.
  2. Jackson J

Jackson J Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $166
    I am trying this out, will report back.

AgainstAllOdds, 100k and SweetTooth like this.
  3. Jaden Jones

Jaden Jones Igloo Builder Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $592
    This feels like a lot of work to make $400 that I have to wait a month for. Thanks for sharing though, Im sure there are a few people who will benefit, or maybe learn about investing because they are forced to.

Xeon, Silver Silk and 100k like this.
  4. Jackson J

Jackson J Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $166
    @SweetTooth
    Reporting back,
    As of right now Ive spent $4.1 on 10k impressions, 0 clicks, 0 conversions. At this amount I should be nearing $50 in refs according to OP. Anyways wouldnt reccomend seems like a bamboozle.

szaboduf, Xeon, Szymon7410 and 3 others like this.
  5. msufan

msufan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,295
    Appreciate this feedback.

Xeon likes this.
  6. Kaleb

Kaleb Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $323
    I really wanted to try this, but had an issue depositing funds. Could it work with any other ad platform?

7. SweetTooth

Rep Bank:
    $1,693
    There is a delay between the time people download the app, sign up for an account, and have the staff at robinhood approve their account. You don't get a free stock for people that just download the app, and most people don't create an account immediately. You won't get a free stock until the final step where robinhood approves their account. You can see pending accounts under the Free Stocks tab. You can also send a reminder notification for your pending accounts for them to finish the application. How many pending do you have? I wouldn't turn off the ads at only $4 spent. On all accounts I don't start getting conversions until 2-3 days in, or $20ish spent, because of the delay. I'm also concerned why you said 0 clicks, we're running pop up ads and there's no tracking code with robinhood so you would have no idea if you had 0 clicks or 10,000 people click. Its not like Facebook where you see how many people click because there is nothing to click, its a pop up. Maybe you can post a screenshot of the campaign and I can give more advice?

Propeller ads has really good popup traffic so I would try to figure out the depositing funds situation before trying other traffic sources. Zeropark would work really good for this, as others I know have ran this offer on there, but there's an application process to get approved for Zeropark and not everyone gets through.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  8. Healthfulness

Healthfulness Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $307
    I guess works for USA citizens only. Can I use fake adress, mobile number or I will need to aprove them?

Roli likes this.
  9. SweetTooth

Rep Bank:
    $1,693
    You'll need a social security number to be approved for robinhood, its part of the brokerage/trading process. Maybe you can partner with someone in the USA to have them make an account and you run the ads?

Roli likes this.
  10. Healthfulness

Healthfulness Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $307
    I believe small chance, that this would be beneficial for anyone as the ad spending is cheap. I'll pass, but thank you for providing as such a great opportunity :)

11. KLaw

KLaw Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,907
    Bump

12. SweetTooth

Rep Bank:
    $1,693
    I'm still encouraging people to try this. I've done it with 4 people and it was successful everytime. Don't be like the guy who spent $5 and quit because he didn't get results in 24 hours.

13. No Excuses

No Excuses New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $97
    Where are the pop up ads being shown? Are you targeting certain URL's or is it random? Or are you strictly targeting Robinhood.com?

14. SweetTooth

Rep Bank:
    $1,693
    The pop ups are being shown on the sites that propeller ads work with. There's no targeting in terms of niches or interests. The only targeting we're doing are people browsing on iPhones.

No Excuses likes this.
  15. YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan Miles to go before I sleep Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,234
    I'll give it a go. Will report back.

SweetTooth likes this.
  16. Kaleb

Rep Bank:
    $323

Alright, will have to keep trying. I use robinhood, so not afraid to mess with this a little bit more.

17. SweetTooth

Rep Bank:
    $1,693
    Still bumping this. Like I said I did this with 4 people. I recently found out one of the people I taught has starting teaching multiple other people and they've all had success with this exact method as well. So far as I can tell only one person tried it and didn't understand how it works, thus gave up in 24 hours then never responded when I asked him to post screenshots of the campaign. And the other guy that said he would try this is in this thread is MIA, so I guess he never really did try it, I even messaged him and got no response.

This is seriously one of the easiest ways you'll make $500 guys. Its so easy that I'm actually shocked no one has actually given this a real effort to try yet. There's a bunch of threads about people trying to figure out how to make money. Thats why I made this thread. Sure it's not a multi-million dollar campaign, but it'll help out people that need a quick 500 bucks that they can use towards testing ads or something. There's no secret, I posted exactly what to do in the first post, I was really expecting this to blow up. By the time people in this thread get around to it, it'll be saturated by all the people that did it when the timing was right lol

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  18. YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan Miles to go before I sleep Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,234
    Hey sorry I didn't answer your message right away. I just got to my computer now. I've been busy af lately. Here's where it's at:

Made:
    robin.PNG

Spent:
    propel.PNG

Xeon likes this.
  19. SweetTooth

Rep Bank:
    $1,693
    Nice. How many pendings do you have in your robinhood (the people that signed up but are waiting to get approved)? I would stop the ad at $50 spend and you'll see a ton more referral commissions come in in a few days from the people who downloaded the app but havent signed up yet and the people who signed up but are waiting to be approved, you'll possibly reach the $500 cap or come close.

YoungPadawan likes this.
  20. YoungPadawan

Rep Bank:
    $1,234
    11 pending

SweetTooth likes this.
  21. Kaleb

Rep Bank:
    $323
    Had to go through hoops and send them pics of my driver's license and credit cards so that I could finally fund my account after my bank's fraud detection wouldn't let anything go through.

Just started my campaign, so I will report back what happens!

Thank you for posting this.

SweetTooth likes this.
  22. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $24,413
  23. NoonJompol

NoonJompol New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $12
    Great!

24. NewManRising

NewManRising Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,509
    Is this offer still good right now?

25. shaun tan

shaun tan New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $8
    Wonder if this method is oversaturated yet. I have a few accounts I can try this method on..

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.