The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to drive Traffic without SEO/Social media?

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Jason_montana

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 10, 2018
Morocco
Hi all,
I just started a few sites and I'm doing SEO and growing social media accounts.
But I don't hace any earnings right now. There is any method to get traffic without SEO/social media?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Tons of ways...

Word of mouth, referrals, features in blogs/podcasts, etc.

But really when it comes down to it, theres a reason why SEM (SEO + PPC) and social media is so heavily used... it works.

Why are you trying to forego what obviously works? If you're looking for a silver bullet or shortcut then be prepared to be disappointed.

Also, welcome to the forum care to share a bit about yourself?

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
But really when it comes down to it, theres a reason why SEM (SEO + PPC) and social media is so heavily used... it works.

If you don't know what you're doing then it doesn't work.

I just started a few sites

It sounds like this is your first problem. Why not start with just one site?

But I don't hace any earnings right now.

Your second problem. Get money.

There is any method to get traffic without SEO/social media?

After you get focused and get money. It will become more clear.

Either a) learn how to do it

b) pay someone to do it.

Traffic is all over the place.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
I hope you've read Unscripted and/or TMF ...

Get yourself a productocracy and the need to 'drive traffic' slides down the priority list. Customers become your biggest sales force, your product pulls instead of you pushing.

Get up to speed with the facets of a productocracy and verify if you have what is needed.

There are indeed other ways to go about business, but just know that it's going to be a whole other grind and you essentially become a marketing company.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sdbrownlie

Building Links for SEO Peeps
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 26, 2017
Royal Leamington Spa
Many years ago I used to run a poker affiliate business (pre UIGEA etc for those of you who remember those days!).

It was before I knew much of anything about SEO, and even if I did trying to outrank Rakebacknation or similar would have been a pretty ambitious move.

My main game was 'leaking' traffic (I didn't know that's what it was called either back then) from sites that had a poker audience.

So most forum didn't let you promotionally link drop. Who cares - we made 'comedy' (some people thought it was funny... looking back I'm not so sure) videos which told people what to search that our site definitely showed up for - obscure things like [name]+[event]+[some take on it] so it was like the only thing Google could show.

We usually used 'parasite pages' - at the time if you put a post up on Digg even if it didn't get traction on Digg it would be no1 for the obscure title you picked so ... you could just write something up, slap it on Digg, then jump on the forums and say 'hey search for XYZ and you'll see some crazy shit about this like ... XYZ' and get the traffic that way.

We also shared a lot on PokerTube - first 10 minutes of our free training videos etc.

I know I know - forums and tube sites are social media technically but it's the instant traffic you're looking for and if you think deeply 'who has the people I want to read my stuff' you can start to think of more and more places you can instantly get in front of them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.