The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to choose where advertise a MVP

Marketing, social media, advertising

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
Hi guys, I've finished to build my landing page for my SaaS platform that I didn't have developed yet since I'm testing the idea. In the landing page there is a CTA to convince users to leave their emails. My goal is to gather as much emails as possible.

I was wondering how will you choose the platform where to advertise it keeping in mind that my target is mostly composed of young students. In the following days I'm going to interview some of them but they aren't too much.

Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Facebook ads most likely. Once you've found a winning creative on there you could migrate onto other platforms younger audiences are on.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
Facebook ads most likely. Once you've found a winning creative on there you could migrate onto other platforms younger audiences are on.
What do you think about goodle ads or using Instagram influencer?

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
It’s depends on your target audience.

Most of the young students are properly on Tik Tok and Instagram.

Twitter ads might be interesting to check out.

What do you think about goodle ads or using Instagram influencer?

You can use Google ads when people search actively for your solution, like „cleaning Service LA“
When no one searches for it, you can’t run a ad on that search term.

For influencer marketing it’s to early, to make it work you find the right influencer, pay them and than have a good hook so people actually sign up.

When you run ads you are more flexible and can adjust along the way, with influencer marketing that not possible.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
It’s depends on your target audience.

Most of the young students are properly on Tik Tok and Instagram.

Twitter ads might be interesting to check out.

You can use Google ads when people search actively for your solution, like „cleaning Service LA“
When no one searches for it, you can’t run a ad on that search term.

For influencer marketing it’s to early, to make it work you find the right influencer, pay them and than have a good hook so people actually sign up.

When you run ads you are more flexible and can adjust along the way, with influencer marketing that not possible.
Thank you very much!

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany
Hi guys, I've finished to build my landing page for my SaaS platform that I didn't have developed yet since I'm testing the idea. In the landing page there is a CTA to convince users to leave their emails. My goal is to gather as much emails as possible.

I was wondering how will you choose the platform where to advertise it keeping in mind that my target is mostly composed of young students. In the following days I'm going to interview some of them but they aren't too much.

Thank you.
It's hard to answer your question without knowing more about your product/target audience.

Maybe it can help you to build some personas of you target customer. Write down hypothesis and test them in your interview. Just Google customer personas and understand a bit the concept.

If you also think that a person you are interviewing could be a potential customer, just ask them what they are doing and on which platforms they are spending their time. Then you should update your persona after every interview and every new thing you learn about the customer. Like this have a better understanding where they spend their time, what are their goals, dreams, problems, their demographics,... - all these things help you for marketing and why they buy your product.

Book recommendation on interviewing customers: the mom test.

I don't you know if you are the type for this. But I think to get more interviews with students is super easy if you just go to the university or student bar and chat people up. Just tell them that you want to create a company and have some questions about a product you are building. I think a lot of people would be down for answering your questions for 10 minutes

Good luck and keep grinding.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.