The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

High School Statistics

Angelv20

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 25, 2019
Im in my senior year of high school and was put into a statistics class. I don’t need this class to graduate but Im still forced to take it. A lot of staff tell me that this class is very important for entrepreneurs and that it is a good opportunity to learn and prepare. My intuition tells me that I don’t need this class and that I can learn what I need to know about statistics as I go about my journey.
My question regards how significant this statistics class is to my future and whether or not I should actually pay attention in class.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
1. i just did a large report on metrics for our marketing efforts for my consulting company. doing curvefits and regression analysis helps determine what to do with the data and what it means.

2. any opportunity for class room learning is a great resource. no matter how little you think you will need the information presented, if you listen in a positive mindset, you WILL get something you can use.

if you think you don't need it, you won't listen and that will be self fulfilling.
a solid business person takes info from ALL sources and then uses the bits that help to make their business better.

TLDR: listen in class and LOOK for ways to apply what you learn to business numbers / data

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Statistics are insanely important. It changes the way you see the world and make decisions.

Definitely keep that class. I wish I had Stats in High School.

2. any opportunity for class room learning is a great resource. no matter how little you think you will need the information presented, if you listen in a positive mindset, you WILL get something you can use.

if you think you don't need it, you won't listen and that will be self fulfilling.
a solid business person takes info from ALL sources and then uses the bits that help to make their business better.

TLDR: listen in class and LOOK for ways to apply what you learn to business numbers / data
Yes. This. Stay in your stats class, and ace it. It will pay off in spades (no pun intended)

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
What ZCP said. Statistics only seem boring when they aren't taught regarding something that you care about.

If you the statistics told you things like:
  • How to hone in on your most profitable customers to 10x your profits
  • How to hone in on your most profitable activities so that you can work 2 hours per day
  • How to hone in on customers that respond to your marketing campaign

You'd be a statistics fanatic if they were taking you to the bank.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.