The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey, I'm Carlos! 19 years old, turns out... I truly enjoy making money.

Carlos Slay

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2017
US
Hey guys,

I'm a high school drop out loser. For about the last 2-3 years, my life was spent being a parasite to those around me. I took, and took, and took, then took some more. My mother always begged me to get a job but I always manipulated her.

I was relying on my baseball career to solve my financial problems. But alas, injury after injury and my determination ultimately dwindled after 2 years. Finally, I looked around on craigslist for jobs and I came across a post for doing Canvassing.

So me and the guy meet, and we go out that same day and do some d2d canvassing for home improvements. I admit, I was very nervous and had mad anxiety. But, this quickly dissipated after knocking on several homes.

I've been working for a month now, and I absolutely love this job.

1. I work when I went and for how long I want. I am my own man.
2. Naturally, I wake up when I want
3. I get to talk to people all the time and help them upgrade their homes.
4. My income is related to how good I am at generating leads(which constantly pushes me)
5. I get to do something most people are too scared to ever try
6. I love how comfortable and good it has made me during conversations and now I'm really good at always getting what I want where as before I always took the first thing offered.
7. I've found a love for making money.

I guess those are the main things. This is my current passion. I have noticed a certain degree of confidence and edge rise out of me. My character has developed immensely in this past month I can barely recognize myself. And my success with women... I don't even want to go into that ;)

Enough shit talking. I guess I'm just rambling. I don't know if I want to be a millionaire or not. I've never been a consumer. I don't crave a big house or a nice car or whatever.

This job has everything I could of ever hoped for in a job. Maybe, a year from now I will no longer enjoy it.

My goal in life at the moment is to to offer a genuinely valuable service to humanity and to travel the world and meet cool, foreign people and sleep with beautiful women and gather experiences that most people will never do.

Maybe that sounds dumb and naive to some of you guys. But I really can't think of anything else in my life that I want.

I joined this forum because I'd like to learn how to make a lot of money without exchanging time. Maybe that seems like a contradiction to what I said above, but it's not. I want to make money because it's fun seeing my wallet get bigger, and bigger, it's a measure of my success, in a sense. But, I don't care for making money if it's just a means to buy stuff.

Carlos

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Money isn't about buying stuff, it is about buying your life...if you have a few mill in the bank your no longer worrying about paying rent or mortgage, feeding yourself and can do whatever you want 24/7. Have you read the books?

Carlos Slay

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2017
US
Money isn't about buying stuff, it is about buying your life...if you have a few mill in the bank your no longer worrying about paying rent or mortgage, feeding yourself and can do whatever you want 24/7. Have you read the books?

I'm currently reading TMF , and yeah, money equals freedom.

The thing is... I'm the kind of person that if you were to give me everything, I would end up doing nothing. I was pretty free for 2 years, and I spent it playing video games and being a loser.

I need a passion, a responsibility. Something that keeps me focused. This right now, is money. Maybe this sounds weird, but I actually enjoy working hard.

In simple terms, I need a goal. I'm unhappy living my life simply for pleasure.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I need a passion, a responsibility.

You simply need to define a meaning and purpose. I talk about that in Unscripted . Without that, yea, you'll sit around doing nothing and get bored.

You are finding yourself motivated because your feedback loop has kicked on -- you're good at what you do and you like feeling accomplished. Passion does NOT lead, it follows, wherease most people have it backwards. They expect passion to lead them.

Welcome to the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.