The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Here we go!

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
Hey everyone!

After reading the millionaire fast lane, I’ve decided to launch into my entrepreneurial career.

Little bit of background: I’m 27 years old and about a month away from getting my bachelors degree in economics. I’ve got zero student loan debt and I’ve been self-supporting the whole way through by working full time in various positions.

Business-wise, I’ve started a garage-cleaning business at 18 that made a couple thousand dollars but I stopped doing it for various personal reasons. At 23, I started shipping vape juice to Prague with some partners and after our first few small shipments, I realized I went into business with the wrong people. Needless to say, that never took off and I vowed to only go into business with myself.

I was all about the slow lane for the last 4 years and realized it would take me nowhere fast. I read the millionaire fast lane in about 3 days and I realize the internet platform is the only way for me. Having no experience in that arena I’ve started meeting with people who do and reading what I can to educate myself.

My current idea is to do what MJ did with limos and apply the same concept to cosmetic surgery (exactly what he said could work in the book). After doing some research, I’m at the point where the interest in this simple idea has brought me to a decision point that will turn it into a commitment (buying a domain name I’ve bid on, met with a website developer to turn my samples into reality, meeting with plastic surgeons, etc.)

That’s where I’m at! I’m scared because I don’t know if this is the right idea to hit the redline towards or if there’s something else out there that I should pursue. I wish I could ask @MJ DeMarco what he thinks and I hope this post will do the trick.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
Still waiting for a conversation with a cosmetic surgeon. So far I’ve only spoken with an IT guy who has worked with these kinds of lead gen concepts for 10+ years.

But yes, before I pull the trigger the next step is to talk with surgeons. I’m meeting with a guy who can introduce me to one on Tuesday.

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 12, 2019
Still waiting for a conversation with a cosmetic surgeon. So far I’ve only spoken with an IT guy who has worked with these kinds of lead gen concepts for 10+ years.

But yes, before I pull the trigger the next step is to talk with surgeons. I’m meeting with a guy who can introduce me to one on Tuesday.
Great, definitely post an update once you see what they think. Maybe call a few more to see what they have to say too?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
That’s where I’m at! I’m scared because I don’t know if this is the right idea to hit the redline towards or if there’s something else out there that I should pursue. I wish I could ask @MJ DeMarco what he thinks and I hope this post will do the trick.

Stop being a pussy.

@MJ DeMarco already said that the idea is feasible.

The question isn't if MJ thinks it will work. He said he thinks it will.

The question is whether or not you believe in yourself to at least try.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I wonder if people will read my book 20 years from now and still say "I'd like to do what MJ did".

It's been over 10+ years since I sold my business. Not sure why "lead gen" is the main point people get out of the book.

As for your idea, I have no idea if it would work. I've been out of the business for over a decade and I have no idea how the cosmetic surgery industry shapes up for the business model.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...