- Joined
- Apr 25, 2012
- Messages
- 200
Rep Bank
$690
$690
User Power: 113%
Hello,
This is my second post here.
My first post was an introduction which outlined my business so far which you can read here
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/introductions-networking/38692-took-plunge.html
Ive been working on a 2nd site and my first product is going live tonight.
Where I am struggling is with advertising - I have no experience with Adwords or any other form of advertising and I'm scared really of just throwing money away.
I know that this next question is how long is a piece of string... But I'm at a loss to work out how much my budget should be for testing and how I should even approach these things such as where to advertise and what method is best.
Adwords - I just blew about 1500 usd over a couple of weeks for not very many conversions ( I split test the ads and tried out both search and display networks). I also ran an ad in a magazine which broke even over 3 months.
I guess I'm just doing it wrong.
Has anyone any suggestions on how I can really start to ramp things up?
My other thought was to develope an affiliate program.
Perhaps someone could recommend some articles or books I can look I to or any other suggestions.
The sites themselves are doing pretty well and I've not really done advertising and I believe that I could really ramp it all up very quickly if I start paying for some decent advertising. But at the same time without any experience in this field I could also be pouring my money away!
Thanks in advance!
This is my second post here.
My first post was an introduction which outlined my business so far which you can read here
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/introductions-networking/38692-took-plunge.html
Ive been working on a 2nd site and my first product is going live tonight.
Where I am struggling is with advertising - I have no experience with Adwords or any other form of advertising and I'm scared really of just throwing money away.
I know that this next question is how long is a piece of string... But I'm at a loss to work out how much my budget should be for testing and how I should even approach these things such as where to advertise and what method is best.
Adwords - I just blew about 1500 usd over a couple of weeks for not very many conversions ( I split test the ads and tried out both search and display networks). I also ran an ad in a magazine which broke even over 3 months.
I guess I'm just doing it wrong.
Has anyone any suggestions on how I can really start to ramp things up?
My other thought was to develope an affiliate program.
Perhaps someone could recommend some articles or books I can look I to or any other suggestions.
The sites themselves are doing pretty well and I've not really done advertising and I believe that I could really ramp it all up very quickly if I start paying for some decent advertising. But at the same time without any experience in this field I could also be pouring my money away!
Thanks in advance!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
