The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings and Salutations!

Spstepp

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Oct 15, 2017
Colorado Springs
My name is Steve Stepp and I’m a new member. I suspect I will be lurking for quite some time but want to take this opportunity to introduce myself.

I recently completed Millionaire Fastlane and decided the next logical step was to surround myself with like minded folks by joining the group - so here I am.

Way back in 1970 when I was nine years old I had my first business venture. At the time, I dug weeds for the neighbors for $1 a bucket. My first employees were the neighborhood kids who I paid $.50 a bucket. They were not the best workers but it was my first taste of business and leverage. I still have my first dollar from that little enterprise in a frame.

Before hitting high school I “tried” a mail order catalog drop ship business and sold greeting cards door to door.

Some other ventures over the years - Window Washing, Car Rental, Debt Collection, Note Brokerage as well as several others.

The idea of hiring and managing employees has always intimidated me so rather than learn I’ve elected to avoid them to my detriment - big mistake.

Too many MLM’s - Amway (twice, cuz I can be thick), Shaklee, Oasis, Nikken (built a pretty good team here) …. I’m sure I’m missing a few but you get the idea.

I’ve been a slowlaner/wanna-be fastlaner all my life.

I’ve almost never stayed in a job very long as I’ve always chafed under the control of others.

Had a “career” in IT but left to be a stay-at-home Dad and am now building an Amazon Private Label business. I’ve actually been an Amazon 3P seller since late 2012 having done everything from finding product at garage sales to books, to retail arbitrage, online arbitrage and wholesale all, expect wholesale, with reasonable success. With the changes in the marketplace private label seems the next logical progression and progress is being made. Launched one product so far and the second is on its way with several more in the pipeline.

Looking back over the above list it’s clear to me I’ve created lots of jobs for myself but never a real business - I have however learned a LOT both from the jobs I’ve held and the jobs I’ve made.

I have tried and been many things so far but one thing I am not is a quitter.

Thank you for creating this community, I hope to eventually add value by being a contributing member when and where I can.

Onward and upward,

Steve

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I like this story, especially the early start at entrepreneurship. When a kid has that much initiative it augers well for future success. I think you have what it takes, but you need direction.

Concentrate on the one thing and be determined to make a huge success of that before you even think of doing anything else. Meanwhile don't let your good ideas go to waste. Note them down and file them away. One day you might have the need or desire to branch out.

Regarding Amazon, I suggest you also set up your own eCommerce site to help build independence from Big A. You can get around their restrictive TOS regarding communicating with your customers by including your website address in your labeling and if you are branding on the product you can put it there also.

Check your inbox.

Walter

Spstepp

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Oct 15, 2017
Colorado Springs
I like this story, especially the early start at entrepreneurship. When a kid has that much initiative it augers well for future success. I think you have what it takes, but you need direction.

Concentrate on the one thing and be determined to make a huge success of that before you even think of doing anything else. Meanwhile don't let your good ideas go to waste. Note them down and file them away. One day you might have the need or desire to branch out.

Regarding Amazon, I suggest you also set up your own eCommerce site to help build independence from Big A. You can get around their restrictive TOS regarding communicating with your customers by including your website address in your labeling and if you are branding on the product you can put it there also.

Check your inbox.

Walter

Walter,

Thank so much for your reply. I have suffered in the past from shiny object syndrome so your advice to concentrate on the one thing resonates. I could go into a lot of detail but I'll spare you other than to say things took a major shift in my head about a year ago and am now able to focus.

I've got a fair share of saved ideas but until I see the success with Amazon that I know is available they remain on my list for later.

I'll check my inbox, thank you!

Onward and Upward.

Steve

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great introduction, thank you Steve.

Way back in 1970 when I was nine years old I had my first business venture. At the time, I dug weeds for the neighbors for $1 a bucket. My first employees were the neighborhood kids who I paid $.50 a bucket. They were not the best workers but it was my first taste of business and leverage. I still have my first dollar from that little enterprise in a frame.

Impressive. You have the entrepreneurial gene, but more importantly, its the gene based on value, not money chasing.

Welcome to the forum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...