The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From half pushing off the sidewalk and half pedaling through the slowlane...

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Chandler Ruffini

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 28, 2019
Hey there fellow fastlaners,

My name is Chandler Ruffini, I'm brand new here and every bit of excited to join you all and to start by telling you a little bit of who I am and my story.

I come from a pretty good home, while not “foundationally” sound my parents are still together and gave me and my younger brothers everything we could ever want or need, so I really can’t complain. For as long as I can remember though my parents have struggled job to job, paycheck to paycheck, they were always on the verge of poverty and on the verge of falling apart. They stuck it out though and continuously pushed through the hard times to ensure we had the best life they could provide and I could not be more appreciative of them both. My parents are the most hardworking people I personally know and through the whole time reading THE MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE all I could think of, besides my own actions, was their life decisions and how they swept through life both riding the curb between the sidewalk and the slow lane. I constantly reflected on the jobs they worked, the time they wasted and the money they spent to provide for us kids. My mom loved us more than anyone could possibly love someone and her actions constantly proved it. My dad also loved us beyond belief but he had to constantly fall into the position to provide like most of the families during my childhood. He has always had a special mind though, constantly coming up with new inventions and ideas for businesses. I can only wish I knew what I do today, having read this book, and I could bring it to the table for my family back 5,10,15 years ago. I can remember being maybe 7 or 8 years old and hearing my dad pitch this idea... I’m not sure how familiar everyone is on vine or meme culture but if you are then you would have seen within the last couple years a video or a whole ton of videos with a setup and then cut to this dude sitting on the couch with a phone in hand and then “cue punchline” DEEZ NUTS.. I’m still convinced my father may have predicted the future but he said he wanted to start a nut company, yes like a cashews and almonds nut company, called “DEEZ NUTS” and to be honest, I’m not sure why he never did, cause I thought it was hilarious then and if you look at the 41Million views on the original video, it clearly still is now. Maybe it was the fact that the rest of my family just laughed it off and thought it was funny but none of them knew the true value of business and didn’t encourage him to pursue it and never thought about how this could be a huge franchise or anything close to the sense like he did, so he never even attempted to even bring his idea to fruition. If I could go back to my small 4ft nothing self i'd run up and smack him right in the side of the head say “start the business dad, take your idea and run with it until it works, screw Planters”. Although over the next many years of my life my dad had a ton of brilliant ideas, my parents only successfully started one business, emphasis on the started. They created this little candy shop and while they had a good following and great business plan, the location was just simply not right and could not come even close to meeting any parts of “the law of effection”. Skipping ahead to now (sorry for the rambling) I have been in the US Navy for almost 6 years and while it has given me an immense sense of purpose and discipline, I can wholeheartedly say I’m ready to move on and begin my journey to a greater sense of purpose and accomplishment. I have only a few short months lefts so I’m super excited to be able to finally have an open schedule and ultimately the time to chase after the goals I personally want to achieve. I have been stuck in and became accustomed to an environment of 6 am to 6 pm working days and sometimes much beyond that, so I can easily say, I’m ready to take on equal time and effort to benefit the world around me and myself based on my terms and visions. I want to close this rather personal and lengthy intro to myself by saying thank you to @MJ DeMarco for not only changing my life with his book but introducing me to this incredible platform. I also want to thank him and everyone on THE FASTLANE FORUM for the knowledge you have already brought me in my short time here and all that is still to come.

Do good, Die great

-Chandler Ruffini

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Max Laboy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 1, 2020
Hey there fellow fastlaners,

My name is Chandler Ruffini, I'm brand new here and every bit of excited to join you all and to start by telling you a little bit of who I am and my story.

I come from a pretty good home, while not “foundationally” sound my parents are still together and gave me and my younger brothers everything we could ever want or need, so I really can’t complain. For as long as I can remember though my parents have struggled job to job, paycheck to paycheck, they were always on the verge of poverty and on the verge of falling apart. They stuck it out though and continuously pushed through the hard times to ensure we had the best life they could provide and I could not be more appreciative of them both. My parents are the most hardworking people I personally know and through the whole time reading THE MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE all I could think of, besides my own actions, was their life decisions and how they swept through life both riding the curb between the sidewalk and the slow lane. I constantly reflected on the jobs they worked, the time they wasted and the money they spent to provide for us kids. My mom loved us more than anyone could possibly love someone and her actions constantly proved it. My dad also loved us beyond belief but he had to constantly fall into the position to provide like most of the families during my childhood. He has always had a special mind though, constantly coming up with new inventions and ideas for businesses. I can only wish I knew what I do today, having read this book, and I could bring it to the table for my family back 5,10,15 years ago. I can remember being maybe 7 or 8 years old and hearing my dad pitch this idea... I’m not sure how familiar everyone is on vine or meme culture but if you are then you would have seen within the last couple years a video or a whole ton of videos with a setup and then cut to this dude sitting on the couch with a phone in hand and then “cue punchline” DEEZ NUTS.. I’m still convinced my father may have predicted the future but he said he wanted to start a nut company, yes like a cashews and almonds nut company, called “DEEZ NUTS” and to be honest, I’m not sure why he never did, cause I thought it was hilarious then and if you look at the 41Million views on the original video, it clearly still is now. Maybe it was the fact that the rest of my family just laughed it off and thought it was funny but none of them knew the true value of business and didn’t encourage him to pursue it and never thought about how this could be a huge franchise or anything close to the sense like he did, so he never even attempted to even bring his idea to fruition. If I could go back to my small 4ft nothing self i'd run up and smack him right in the side of the head say “start the business dad, take your idea and run with it until it works, screw Planters”. Although over the next many years of my life my dad had a ton of brilliant ideas, my parents only successfully started one business, emphasis on the started. They created this little candy shop and while they had a good following and great business plan, the location was just simply not right and could not come even close to meeting any parts of “the law of effection”. Skipping ahead to now (sorry for the rambling) I have been in the US Navy for almost 6 years and while it has given me an immense sense of purpose and discipline, I can wholeheartedly say I’m ready to move on and begin my journey to a greater sense of purpose and accomplishment. I have only a few short months lefts so I’m super excited to be able to finally have an open schedule and ultimately the time to chase after the goals I personally want to achieve. I have been stuck in and became accustomed to an environment of 6 am to 6 pm working days and sometimes much beyond that, so I can easily say, I’m ready to take on equal time and effort to benefit the world around me and myself based on my terms and visions. I want to close this rather personal and lengthy intro to myself by saying thank you to @MJ DeMarco for not only changing my life with his book but introducing me to this incredible platform. I also want to thank him and everyone on THE FASTLANE FORUM for the knowledge you have already brought me in my short time here and all that is still to come.

Do good, Die great

-Chandler Ruffini
Hello Chandler,
Thank you for sharing your story. I really could relate to your story in many ways. I really could relate to your dad. I-am a 65 year old veteran with 21 years of service in the Army. I joined the military at the age of 18 in search for better opportunities from a small Island called Puerto Rico. I lost my dad at age 10 and my mother raised us well. Even though we were poor, I received a lots of love and had amazing childhood. My mother stayed on
my back to keep me out of trouble and make sure I did good in school. I guess because she new the importance of having an education having just a fourth grade education herself. I will say she was the entrepreneur of the family because she was resourceful in creating different sources of income to make ends meet. Because she used to get liked $110 from my dad’s social security. My dad used to have couple of jobs besides being a carpenter, but his type of work was very hard work in the sugar cane fields.
I retired in 1994 and never wanted go back and work for the government of the ver again. I am antes to be my own boss. I used my GI Bill and took couple of years of microcomputers and network and it help me to land a descent job but I always wanted to have my own business of some sort. I have tried many business adventures but liked your parents they never went anywhere. I tried to put it down but something within me kept pushing me. In 2007 I had to give up my nice job because of back problems I acquired while in the Army. Liked I said I tried many ventures so in 2009 I stated learning e-commerce selling on EBay. I finally was doing what I love, business online. But life happened and ended up homeless and broke. Later on I ended up with another broken relationship. During that time I felt liked a loser and not self worth. And sometimes PTSD sets in. In 2009 I started receiving social security for disability b cause I was not able to work. I was very healthy until I went to the Gulf war in 1990-91, something happened to many of us out there. So in 2016 I had major lumbar surgery because my back got real bad at age 61. The same year God put an amazing lady in my life and thugs have been getting great since. But my fix income hasn’t gone any where even though I am very great full that I had that but my entrepreneurial itch never stopped. I knew I wanted to do something in business but didn’t know what. I have been interested on affiliate marketing and e-commerce since my computer work days. I knew back them that doing business on the internet was the future. I just didn’t know how to get started.
Few years back I started learning to play few musical instruments and fishing to help me pass time and help me with my PTSD.
On March 2019 the VA started taking $1000 dollars out of my disability check for an over payment. Putting me in a bad predicament financially. But I didn’t panicked or stress but started looking for ways to supplement that income. Going back to school or back to work was out of the he equation.
But I had heard that when the student is ready the teacher will show up.
During watching my favorite fishing channel I came across an advert from this young mans talking about how to start an online business from scratch. He shared how he became from being a truck driver in construction to an entrepreneur making descent income with just a Laptop and an internet connection. That got my attention. I was kind of skeptical but signed up for the free workshops he was sharing and the rest is history. Right now I could tell you that I have been working on setting up my own fully automated internet marketing business selling other vendors products and services with not
overhead or inventory and with just a Laptop and a descent internet connection. Now my mission it’s to share this information with all the active and retired military I can. So they could have other choices for their freedom, financially and personally.
Apologies for such a long post but you inspired me to share my story and thoughts.
lf you care to get more information about how I got started let me know.
Maximino Laboy
PS. My nephew was in the Navy and he has been working for Boeing for years

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.