The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fresh Beginning

ausmelkor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Oct 19, 2017
Sydney
Hi all,

I stumbled upon this forum by chance (thanks Reddit) and following two days of blazing, eye-squinting in the dark at 2am reading I've decided to sign up. For context, I've been an ardent forum lurker since the age of 13 and this is the first forum I've ever signed up to and intend to post on - clearly something has resonated with me here.

Bit of background, I'm a 27 year old Australian (Sydney) operations project manager running my own business full time as a sole trader. Have a background in law, I had run my own business there also as a sole trader but received very little satisfaction from doing so. Although I make decent money doing what I do now, I'm ready to branch out into e-commerce. There's something tremendously appealing about providing value to customers and improving on an existing product.

I have no illusions about how difficult this may be, and I know that I will only get out what I put in, but I am very interested to learn about the processes involved in building and scaling an e-commerce brand.

With this in mind, I would love to draw on this amazing community to help fuel my transition to the fast lane! I am particularly keen to seek out mentorship, paid if necessary, to help kick start my e-commerce venture. Can anybody assist with pointing me in the right direction here?

Likewise, I also want to contribute to this thriving golden hub. If anybody has any questions relating to project management, logistics or building your own one-man-band please do not hesitate to ask and I will do my best to answer!

Thanks for reading all!

Alex.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Hey welcome to the forum. Have you read the sections in TMF and Unscripted about validating ideas? Also there are some great posts by @biophase and others you could start with.

From here on out, you should ask more specific execution-based questions.

Since you have a day job, I'd recommend setting some cash aside, and starting sooner rather than later. You'll cut your learning curve in half even though it will be 2X more uncomfortable. In time, you'll learn this is a good thing.

Have a good one. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...