The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Don't be shy, remind them!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Alexander K.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
335%
Aug 6, 2017
Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK
One important lesson I've learned is not to be shy reminding people of your course (or whatever you are promoting).

I had 79 potential volunteers for the pre-launch of my course. When I announced the enrollment, only 26 enrolled. I then resent the invitation to those who haven't opened it (8 people) and got 3 more students. Still better.

And then I did something I've never done before: I created a copy of the original invitation, changed the subject and the first few phrases to emphasize that this is the last call and then sent it to the whole group (I now know how I could exclude those who already purchased the course).

The result: 59 subscribers. And many people thanked me for the reminder. It was a great lesson to learn!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
One important lesson I've learned is not to be shy reminding people of your course (or whatever you are promoting).

I had 79 potential volunteers for the pre-launch of my course. When I announced the enrollment, only 26 enrolled. I then resent the invitation to those who haven't opened it (8 people) and got 3 more students. Still better.

And then I did something I've never done before: I created a copy of the original invitation, changed the subject and the first few phrases to emphasize that this is the last call and then sent it to the whole group (I now know how I could exclude those who already purchased the course).

The result: 59 subscribers. And many people thanked me for the reminder. It was a great lesson to learn!
Good short story, I can see the principle of "scarcity" applied here in the 3 rd reminder and how perseverance can take you further (of course without over doing it haha). What was your course about?

Alexander K.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
335%
Aug 6, 2017
Good short story, I can see the principle of "scarcity" applied here in the 3 rd reminder and how perseverance can take you further (of course without over doing it haha). What was your course about?
Well, I'd say it's an intellectual hobby, a sort of. I avoid naming it explicitly as once I do that, you will have a completely wrong idea — that's just how it is, unfortunately.

Shortypants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
May 15, 2017
NL

Great work and thanks for the valuable info! Appreciate it :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Awesome stuff! Sometime I lose confidence in my product or service so this is a great reminder that it is better to work for a response whether yes or no rather than silence or indifference.

Alexander K.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
335%
Aug 6, 2017
Awesome stuff! Sometime I lose confidence in my product or service so this is a great reminder that it is better to work for a response whether yes or no rather than silence or indifference.
The logic is simple: those who are truly your audience will thank you for the reminder, and those who will unsubscribe — you shouldn't really care about them.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Yes yes yes to this thread.

The sooner you learn to do this, the sooner the money comes rolling in.

No response doesn't mean No. It means, "didn't have time to read", or "didn't see the email", or any number of other things. It's only a No when they unsubscribe (or tell you to buzz off).

Same approach goes to cold calling, closing deals, etc.

I recently put in my email for some content from Ezra Firestone. He sent me 5 emails in 3 days. I still haven't opened any of them yet, but 5 emails in 3 days still has me thinking about that piece of content 2 weeks later.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
This is a very valuable comment. I need to learn that the same principle works not only for emails!

I just picked up a wholesale customer after following up with them by email for 18 months. 95% of those emails had no response.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Selling is to some extent a numbers game. My sales experience in B2B sales helps illustrate this. The stats below are based on an old survey, so might have changed.

The average sales rep out on the road does 8 calls per day. I averaged 17. I achieved this by not wasting time talking about football - I cut to the chase. I also efficiently planned each day's work.

The average B2B sale is closed on the 5th call. The average sales rep gives up on the first or second.

Not only did I do double the average number of calls, but I didn't give up until it was absolutely clear that there was no possibility of making a sale to that prospect. These were major factors in being able to double the company's sales every year, compounded for over 3 years.

Persistence pays. upload_2017-8-10_8-51-32.png

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.