The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Disappointed by the dream job

Jeremy Cohen

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 21, 2019
Hello, @MJ DeMarco

Congratulations to everyone being on this forum ! I’m Jeremy and I work on self driving cars and artificial intelligence.

About two years ago, I graduated from Engineering School in Paris. My final year internship job was pretty sexy : Artificial Intelligence for banking. At the time, I didn’t know anything about AI so I decided to learn about it online. After weeks into the job, I didn’t feel complete and felt like I was needing skills to at least understand my job.

I found something that changed my life : a year of training online 20h/week to become self driving car Engineer. That would give me skills for every innovative project I would want to build and would put me above everyone else. I put hours into learning and perfecting my skills while having a job and one very hard year later, I found one in self driving cars and artificial intelligence. A couple of months after starting the job; I am offered a position to open France School of AI ; a non-profit which purpose is to teach AI to anyone on earth for free. A couple of weeks ago, I am offered a CTO position with a high pay raise in self-driving cars and a researcher position if I do a PhD.

Everything looks good, yet I am not happy with my current job, i wasn’t happy neither with my final internship, nor with my 8 months consulting job in between. I changed jobs about two times, and I am ready for a third disappointment. Things look perfect but I don’t feel free and most of all, I am not ready to be rich.

I read the millionaire fastlane , and I am reading unscripted . I pretty much agree on everything said here; and I started to make a move by creating a consulting account and see what’s there.
Thing is, chasing the self driving car job was hard, and I now know what it takes. My entrepreneur parents think I shouldn’t be an entrepreneur yet because I don’t have a concrete project. Yet I think the project will be found during the road and I should just leave my job as fast as possible. Thing is: I love doing AI and self-driving cars because I love the impact I can have on lives.

Happy to meet anyone with the same conflicts; good luck to all !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
My dream job wasn't making AI cars but building million dollar homes.

I too felt dissatisfied.

Now I try new things every day and act on ideas the moment I have them.

Life has never been better..

My rule is to live with no regrets.

"Will I regret doing this?"
"Will I regret not doing this?"

Hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Great to have you at the forum and look forward to seeing where you decide to go.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...