The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dieriba, Futur FastLaner want to tell his story first

Dieriba

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Apr 26, 2019
Hey evryone,
let me introduce myself, I'm dieriba i'm 21 years and i'm french ( so please don't mind my english faults), My first step in business was with dropshipping as a sidewalker i was on youtube late night.. and some guru trapped me with that title 'OMG OH I MADE 50K A DAY SLEEPING IN PANTS WHILE I WAS WINNING MY BOXING MATCH' and so i become interested on it ( I mean dropshipping).

I followed that guru's advices and many other advices from others GURU, results .. I lost almost 200€ (At this moment i was student so for me it was a big amount), I thought that it was my fault and that guru had me trapped in: 'If you had bought my formation 1500€ you would have succed' and i was like he's totally right so i've decided to work until I have enough money to pay that formation, and meanwhile i'll look for information on dropshipping evrywhere, i've joined a facebook group about dropshipping where you can speak of dropshipping and give advice each other BIG LOL the truth is that kind of group are just the best way to sell guru's formation easily because people in this group will lilkely buy it, How I know ? I bought one (yeah what a dumb but he was selling it 30€ instead of 1000€ for me it was like the chance of my life) after seeing that formation I was like seriously ? What the F*ck ? I am saying that because this content of this formation was easily findable on YouTube Or internet and yet this formation was sold 1000€ and more, at this moment i started questionning myself about these guru and dropshipping, at this really moment i totally lose all trust i had in guru of dropshipping that's what I thought,

Yet as a sidewalker again i was caught by 'Tired OF THESE GURU COME DO REAL MONEY WITH ME NO JOKE YOU CAN SLEEP OVER MOON MONEY WILL STILL COME' I was like maybe I should give another shot and this man was selling his formation for 87€ so i bought it .. ( dumb dumb dumb) despite his formartion actually look like the formation i bought 30€ i mean they've all the same strategy go on alyexpress or look what's working on Facebook video copy it, spam Facebook ads and let the money come... i don't know why but fail after fail i was getting stronger and I wanted to succed so I was still looking for information and then a YouTuber Called DropshippingReborn made a video where he's attacking all the guru that has made a lot of money on our dreams I was like this man is my savior he'll help us HE is the right one to follow, then he made another video about how to not be slave from fb ads and start learn SEO that's what i did(althought i should have learned it first) I was like he is really giving us advice and value and that really make me feel like he'll help me get rich ( i was doomed with that mindset of mine), this guy was doing a live and he was responding at all of our question and ONE QUESTION TOTALLY changed my mind that question was what book do you read ( an you all know what he said) he said : Read 'Referencement pour le web' de Olivier Andrieu (What were you thinking ? :D) So i've bought this book like a sheep without asking a question that's amazing how powerful can be a person that you consider as your savior.. while reading this book i've joined his community on discord and I was asking question about dropshipping and business.

After reading the book I was like i can do it so I went to shopify and re-open my old account to sell product, DO you know What I DID after learning SEO ?! I've run FB ads ( yes i am really an idiot XDDD), i litteraly gave my a$$ to facebook ads.. but after one day i've succeded my first online sell and you know what ? I've felt anything I was more like i've rip off someone, I was totally disoriented and doubting of that business model I don't know why but in my pain I remenbered of a book with the name fastlane on one of dropshipping reborn's live, so i tap into google and I was like maybe i should read it after the good comment about it before i want to add that I already bought book about mindset like Rich poor, Rich Dad and think & grow rich as they were advises by all those guru.. these two book were for me at first gold mine but now when i think of them they're mostly garbage (my own opinion) and i won't give them to my best enemy, so after buying fastlane, I was not excpecting anything special from it, but the first chapter was so powerful that i was like wow this books talks real thing that happens in real life, like guru that trapped, sidewalker i am and all other stuff and I started about dropshipping and was like do i really want to become rich with that business model ? am i really helping people with aliexpress product ? the answer was 'no' moreover i've noticed during my journey that the only one who were making good money were guru who were selling us shovel and the big money was make by shopify and us we only were the dead money (for the most), dropshipping may not be dead but he actually don't fill the comandement of entry, i'm done with that and i want start my fastlane journey I'm glad i've read this books i'm really grateful now i know that i can make a difference and i'll make it. My introduction now over i have some question :
What do you think of plateform like shopify,wish ? should i learning coding myself, building a site myself ?
I have actually some idea on my mind but i don't have the capacity to make them real now ( should i learn how to do it and pay someone for me ? ( even if it tooks a year to full learn how to it)?
What step would give for a begginer like me in business world (book,blog,youtube.. other stuff)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Dianne Cohen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 7, 2018
It sounds like you had a difficult time. That is okay. You may eventually be grateful for it because it got you to where you are now.

If I were you I would either start whatever you are doing on a super small scale. For example...if you wanted to be a writer, begin writing on social media. If you want to be in lawn care, make sure your lawn is cared for and ask a neighbor if you can "help" them with their lawn care and even do it for free. While doing these, learn everything you can about the business. Do this without getting sucked into what everyone is trying to sell.

Just my two cents...I hope it helps.

Dieriba

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Apr 26, 2019
It sounds like you had a difficult time. That is okay. You may eventually be grateful for it because it got you to where you are now.

If I were you I would either start whatever you are doing on a super small scale. For example...if you wanted to be a writer, begin writing on social media. If you want to be in lawn care, make sure your lawn is cared for and ask a neighbor if you can "help" them with their lawn care and even do it for free. While doing these, learn everything you can about the business. Do this without getting sucked into what everyone is trying to sell.

Just my two cents...I hope it helps.
Yep i'm really grateful for all i've been through, so i should like start learn even if it take 1 year ? and thanks for yours cheering

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum Dieriba. Rough start, but don't loose faith in yourself or the future you will make. I recommend you stop trying to chase money and spend some time searching for needs that need to satisfied. Satisfy needs and the money will come.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...