The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can i ship from a US address to an Amazon warehouse? Im in Canada.

VisionNN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Mar 6, 2016
I am trying to take advantage of the Amazon UPS pricing but i need a US address in order to do so. I was planning on using UPS Canada to get it over the border and to a warehouse in the states close by the border and then use Amazon UPS to deliver to the FBA warehouse.

Are there such services or locations?

Orrrr, can i just get my customs broker to clear the shipment and i drive over the border myself to ship from UPS there?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
You can send your products from Canada with a merchant account (I have no experience with this), it's what many Chinese companies do.

Or you can bring all your products to a fulfilling warehouse in the USA and let Amazon take care of them. FBA Canada to USA or vice versa isn't gonna work.

VisionNN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Mar 6, 2016
You can send your products from Canada with a merchant account (I have no experience with this), it's what many Chinese companies do.

Or you can bring all your products to a fulfilling warehouse in the USA and let Amazon take care of them. FBA Canada to USA or vice versa isn't gonna work.

I think you misunderstood what I'm looking for. I know how fullfilment and merchant accounts work. I'm trying to get around having to ship items directly from my house to the US Amazon warehouse as it's very expensive. Instead, I'm trying to get it across the border to a warehouse somewhere in buffalo, and from there ship the product to the Amazon FBA warehouse at a discounted cost due to Amazon's discounted UPS prices.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I don't see why this shouldn't be possible. I used to work with a prepping company in the States, where I did basically the same.

Shipping to prepping company from China => shipping from prep to FBA with UPS with Amazon.

VisionNN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Mar 6, 2016
I don't see why this shouldn't be possible. I used to work with a prepping company in the States, where I did basically the same.

Shipping to prepping company from China => shipping from prep to FBA with UPS with Amazon.

Ah, so i guess i misunderstood you then. I'll take a look at this. I figured those warehouses were out of question since all my product is already prepped and good to go. Thanks.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
You can send to any destination in the US and arrange shipment from there. UPS will pick up from any location you name.

Walter

VisionNN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Mar 6, 2016
You can send to any destination in the US and arrange shipment from there. UPS will pick up from any location you name.

Walter

Yes, but where do you find locations that allow you to do that? Are they just 3PL companies?

Last edited:

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Yes, but where do you find locations that allow you to do that? Are they just 3PL companies?
Prepping companies will do this job for you, even if your goods are already prepped. You can find them with Google. There may be cheaper solutions, but probably harder to find.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Sorry I have been slow responding - been in slow motion for a few days :smile2:

UPS stores are privately owned and will receive your parcels and hold for pick up. The one at 266 ELMWOOD AVE
BUFFALO, NY 14222 will charge you $10 to receive a parcel, and provided you complete a CC authority form they will hand your parcel over to the UPS driver and charge you the $10 at that time.

Obviously you have to book the pickup with UPS, not with the store.

Because they are privately owned, different stores can have different charges, and possibly not all will allow anyone other than the owner with ID to pick up a parcel. Contact Sara at: store0861@theupsstore.com

Walter
EDIT: They might have limit on package size and or weight.

VisionNN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Mar 6, 2016
Sorry I have been slow responding - been in slow motion for a few days :smile2:

UPS stores are privately owned and will receive your parcels and hold for pick up. The one at 266 ELMWOOD AVE
BUFFALO, NY 14222 will charge you $10 to receive a parcel, and provided you complete a CC authority form they will hand your parcel over to the UPS driver and charge you the $10 at that time.

Obviously you have to book the pickup with UPS, not with the store.

Because they are privately owned, different stores can have different charges, and possibly not all will allow anyone other than the owner with ID to pick up a parcel. Contact Sara at: store0861@theupsstore.com
Walter
EDIT: They might have limit on package size and or weight.

We all got things to do :) This sounds quite interesting though. I will take a look at this as well. Are you at all familiar with section 321 shipping? I know theres an $800 USD limit but is that the value calculated based on what i paid for the product or what i'm selling it for? So if i bought my product for $800 USD and am selling it for $1000. Is the value that i report on the 321 section $800 or $1000?

Last edited:

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
We all got things to do :) This sounds quite interesting though. I will take a look at this as well. Are you at all familiar with section 321 shipping? I know theres an $800 USD limit but is that the value calculated based on what i paid for the product or what i'm selling it for? So if i bought my product for $800 USD and am selling it for $1000. Is the value that i report on the 321 section $800 or $1000?
You only need to declare your cost, not your selling price.

Walter

VisionNN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Mar 6, 2016
You only need to declare your cost, not your selling price.

Walter

haha, well that post just made my life easier within seconds. I think i know what im going to do now. Thanks for the help Walter :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.