The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building my list

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ericaprsn

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Mar 30, 2023
So I've had my business for just under a year and over the past couple of months I've finally started building my email list. It's not huge yet, not quite 200, but it's SO exciting to have finally created a freebie that's tied to my products and that people are willing to sign up for. The other day I was digging into my metrics and discovered that there were 137 individuals that signed up for the freebie but never confirmed. I had it set up as a double confirmation requirement so, if people sign up but don't click the confirmation button in the email, they aren't added to my list. My email provider and many people on the interwebs agree that a double opt-in is the best way to have an engaged list, but leaving 137 names on the floor seems like a huge opportunity lost to me! Especially since my intention is to use my email list as a sandbox to help me understand what's working and what isn't, I would like as many people as possible to make the data valuable. So I switched to a single opt-in process. I also set up an automation that I'll run when I identify individuals that haven't engaged with my content in a given period of time. I plan to run this every 60 days so that I'm not paying for people who aren't a value add. My thought is that this is a good balance between the double opt-in not capturing everyone and making sure I have an engaged list. Has anyone else experienced this? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the double opt-in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.