The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brainstorming live and uncut

arkania_x

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jan 4, 2021
Germany
Good morning,

not sure where to post this but I'll think it'll be fine here for now (if not, tell me please).
Thinking about getting an INSIDERS but for now, I'll stay in the "free zone".

I best structure my thoughts while writing. And why not post it here for feedback (appreciated!) then.
So here's my thought process. Live and uncut.

Ok, where I am at? Here you can read my story/introduction but now I'll talk about 2021, I'm finally free from a job (although I have to say, getting 6,000 euros for doing nothing for 6 months was also good). I'm still reading Fastlane and Unscripted ; will finish them this week.

The first things I wanna think about, are my "problems".
As I wrote in my introduction, I was diagnosed with moderate depression ( + anxiety disorder and burnout) in the mid of 2019 and was on sick leave for several months. Before that, I was on sick leave because of depressive episodes in 2017 and 2018.
The burnout part was because of my job. First too much work (60+hrs and traveling all the time) then less work but I'm not made for jobs like that. Jobs in large corporations with forever taking processes and political (dumb) decisions etc. It was just not for me. But great money for an easy job (objectively speaking, I had a lot of colleagues that loved their work and the job with all the benefits) and I had (have) also some debt so it was hard to say I quit. So I had the burnout mostly not because of "too much" but "wrong work". I have no problem with working a lot when I can see a point in it.
Quitting myself would have been very dumb (no severance pay) so it is great how this eventually worked out.
Long story short: I have some money to last me for some months (maybe more than a year) and I am free from responsibilities (almost) and have the time to finally get stuff going.

The problem here:
Depression is not "done" after x years. I had therapy, it was great but specified for the job problem. But there was and is more about my depression than the burnout. Also, COVID had done its part to my anxiety disorder. Most of the time I can cope with all this but I know I need more free time than others and also need to chill a bit when it comes to hustling.
What I want to say: Sometimes it seems people don't want to do stuff or are lazy or stuck and faking action but that's not always the case. Sometimes one (with mental health issues) can't force themselves to do sth. I might also have ADHD and or manic depression so there are times I am totally motivated and work 18/24 and there are times I can't do anything for 2 days.
This sums it up quite good:
View attachment 36248

So: Be nice (not only to me). I'm not a raw egg but I also don't need people to tell me every day that I am just faking action because I don't do cold calling 24/7. Doesn't matter that the intentions are good.

[coffee break]

Ok, now, what about my strengths and weaknesses.
End with sth good so I'll start with the bad one.

Weaknesses
- I am interested in a lot of stuff. Not that much as it was some years ago but it's still more than most people I think. (see Barbara Sher's definition of "Scanners" or multipotentialites)
That means I have to choose and focus but that is really, really hard for me. Next problem with that is: overly motivated at the beginning but that goes down really fast.
- I am a "I need more knowledge"-person. I can read articles, books, or watch videos/tutorials all day. I'm (no, I was) the typical consumer. Not only with knowledge but also with stuff (who would have thought bc of all that debt...). Just reading felt productive (enough). That's why I have that many certificates. I decluttered all my material possessions a while ago (I was like a hoarder some years ago) and I cut down a lot of buying "but I NEED it!!111" Yeah. No.) Anyways, still a long way to go.
- I'm not good at starting. When I finally DO sth it's fine, I can work forever. But (daily) "beginning" is a problem.
- Because of bad habits I'm also.... addicted to instant gratification. Talk addiction, I think I have an "addiction personality" (not sure what sth like that is called in English) so I have to watch what I do and uhm take? Had a short addiction to Kratom (legal here, opioid), and the withdrawal were the worst days of my life. Not again, thx!)

[another coffee break]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

arkania_x

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jan 4, 2021
Germany
Oh my, this is a double post/thread, can anyone delete this one pls?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.