The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

basic hustle idea that works

Idea threads

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
due to several time constraints and hardships i picked up a somewhat lucrative side hustle. We all know of the car flipping hustle (buying at auctions and fixing up here and there new tires etc some curb appeal and then flipping for reasonable profits) however in my area there are numerous "clunkers" and I put a basic ad on CL as well as various facebook groups for the five neighboring counties in my jurisdiction. Since i have a dually (if you guys have a regular truck 1/2 ton it is ok too for one car at a time) for my part time construction and manufaturing work, i used that to tow many clunkers to the junkyard. you all would be surprised how many shitty cars are still out there that dont work and are "eye-sores" in many neighborhoods!. I charge a fee of 75$ for towing it to the metal scrap yard and often times I am able even to get the scrap value (metal is at an all time low but still sedans gross around 280-330$) and SuVs/light trucks gross around 360-450$ depending on year....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
due to several time constraints and hardships i picked up a somewhat lucrative side hustle. We all know of the car flipping hustle (buying at auctions and fixing up here and there new tires etc some curb appeal and then flipping for reasonable profits) however in my area there are numerous "clunkers" and I put a basic ad on CL as well as various facebook groups for the five neighboring counties in my jurisdiction. Since i have a dually (if you guys have a regular truck 1/2 ton it is ok too for one car at a time) for my part time construction and manufaturing work, i used that to tow many clunkers to the junkyard. you all would be surprised how many shitty cars are still out there that dont work and are "eye-sores" in many neighborhoods!. I charge a fee of 75$ for towing it to the metal scrap yard and often times I am able even to get the scrap value (metal is at an all time low but still sedans gross around 280-330$) and SuVs/light trucks gross around 360-450$ depending on year....

Nice, how much Time you Spend on one Car?

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Nice, how much Time you Spend on one Car?
usually i try to do 2 maybe 3 small sedans if possible (think 90s taurus, focus, sentras, corollas GEOS lol) and i go by location proximity. there are approximately 6 scrapyards within 50 mile radius so i am kinda fortunate and i just plan accordingly. i would say give or take it would take about 15-30 mins of towing the car (that is not including the trip to the persons place of residence or business) but i mean strapping, tie down, and winching it to the trailer.

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
Hey bro, you should look into city ordinances.

Is there a fine for having junk cars in your yard in your area? You can then do a public records request from the county/township for code violations. They have to either grant it or give you a reason why they can't. They will send you a list of all the code violations in said county. Look for the specific code number and then direct mail them

How many you do a week?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Take the catalytic converter and radiator out and sell separately to the junk yard. Gains you a 100 or 200 more dollars. And. You still get the dollar amount when you junk the car. True?

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Take the catalytic converter and radiator out and sell separately to the junk yard. Gains you a 100 or 200 more dollars. And. You still get the dollar amount when you junk the car. True?
Not all Catalytic Converters have Platinum in them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.