The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

asking customers for product pricing

Marketing, social media, advertising

Malcolm_X

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Nov 6, 2015
Germany
I've seen several marketers promoting a new (not-yet established) product / service use this technique.

Before launching the product, they make the potential customers take a short survey, asking how much would they be willing to pay for that particular product.

Is this a wise approach, or is it better to set a price right from the beginning based on some price model and eventually adjust over time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DaveC

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Oct 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
Surveys are OK for a starting point, but I've found that what customers say they want in a survey, and what or whether or not they buy, are often different.

Take a look at your direct competitors as a place to start as well. You probably don't want to compete directly on price though or be the low priced product, unless you have some sustainable proprietary way to keep prices down. Otherwise its a race to the bottom.

Ideally you should have some pre-launch customers who are on the interest list that you can talk to directly or some way to drive traffic to a sales page. Testing is really the best way to get a feel for pricing.

Malcolm_X

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Nov 6, 2015
Germany
Ideally you should have some pre-launch customers who are on the interest list that you can talk to directly or some way to drive traffic to a sales page. Testing is really the best way to get a feel for pricing.
yes, this is exactly what I do.
Here I had the idea to send out an email with a short survey regarding pricing.

D

Deleted20833

Customers want to pay the less money possible for the most value

You want to charge the most money possible for the least value

I'd set the price towards the low end and gradually moved up

I sold a WSO a couple years ago for $10 and then moved it up
to $17 and saw no loss in sales

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.