• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Anyone subscribe to The Wall Street Journal?

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by YoungPadawan, Sep 15, 2018.

1. YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan Miles to go before I sleep Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,521
    I've been considering subscribing to The Wall Street Journal. Has anyone subbed to it? What do you like/not like about it? Do you think it's worth it?

Many thanks!

2. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,268
    After having worked as customer service to the New York Times. I don't want anything to deal with any newspapers ever again.

YoungPadawan likes this.
  3. InspireHD

InspireHD Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,134
    I subscribed to it a couple times when they had good deals that made it worth it, like $1 a month for 3 months or whatever. They come nearly everyday so paper adds up fast.

Eventually, I came to realize that I wasn’t gaining anything from it. I prefer to invest in smaller companies. The WSJ mainly focuses on large companies that are making “headlines” or common economic news. I never really read the political articles as it was all wasted space to me.

It depends on why you want to read it. What are you hoping to get out of it?

YoungPadawan likes this.
  4. YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan Miles to go before I sleep Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,521
    I like reading some of the articles and want to learn more on the commodities/futures markets through the site.

5. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,812
    dude it’s literally $12 for 3 months

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 10.08.31 PM.png

for the amount of effort to post this thread you could have just subbed and tried it

The Wall Street Journal

6. The Abundant Man

Rep Bank:
    $2,268
    That's the introductory offer.

They charge you more after that.

Then when it comes to cancellation they upsell these other offers to try to keep you as a subscriber.

For NYTimes, you have to call to cancel. The automated voice system would ask for your account information. But no matter what you gave it, it would say, "Sorry we don't that in our system". Then it would put you on hold for at least 15 minutes to get you to a Customer Service Rep just to cancel your subscription.

A lot of customer are impatient and get angry and hang up. So they keep getting charged anyway.

Then the customer would start complaining for 30 minutes. But you have to tell them, "Our Account Management Department are the ones that deal with cancellation. I have to send you to them." The customer would complain even more. It would be another 5minute hold to transfer them over.

The "Account Management Department" is called Save To Stop. Here they just upsell offers to keep you as a subscriber. They don't take no for an answer. Why? They het a dollar/hour bonus for each save.

No Bueno. As my dad always says at a Wedding, "DON'T DO IT!"

YoungPadawan likes this.
  7. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,812
    Ugh, I hate that. When that happens I just call my bank and have them block them from charging.

8. YoungPadawan

Rep Bank:
    $1,521
    Bingo, Bango, Bongo

9. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $7,812
    I mean my personal experience? I follow them and get their free articles, but I’ve never seen anything compelling enough to make me want to pull out my CC.

Although, this is considered to be the greatest sales letter of all time, selling over $2 Billion worth the magazines:

http://swiped.co/file/wallstreet-letter-conroy/

10. The Abundant Man

Rep Bank:
    $2,268
    It's like writing an essay. They hook you in with the story. The main theme/motif being Tai Lopez's favorite word. "Knawledge". Then it comes back full circle in the closing.

A+

ChrisV likes this.
  11. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $7,812
    Did somebody say KNAWLEDGE?!

The Abundant Man likes this.
  12. The Abundant Man

Rep Bank:
    $2,268
    Hahaha! Good one!