The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ambitious student says hello

MMartin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 20, 2017
Poland
Hello to all of you. It's pretty exciting to be here.
My name is Martin and I'm 20 years old. Last year I moved to a bigger city in order to go to the university. Currently I study Finance and Accounting in Poland. My 2nd year will start soon, for now I work in a custody bank.
Although it's a very good environment (free courses and e-books during breaks between tasks, national communication, amazing team and general conditions of a place) I know that's not for me. Since I can remember, I wanted to be my own boss and be independent, but the problem is: too many opportunities. I'm aware that I'm to indecisive. I haven't figured out what I want to do yet. I tend to jump from one idea to another.
Everyday I try to learn something in field of marketing, sales, psychology or finance.
I'm really into working out and constant development.
All I have is about $100 on my bank account and I'm prepared to hard work.
For now I have no idea what I can do, I thought about creating franchise, mobile app, marketing agency and many others, but I couldn't decide and stick to one goal. Ultimately my goal is to be a millionaire one day, but for now I want to make passive income that is higher than my costs of living.
I hope to find help, guide, tips and inspiration on this forum.

PS. Sorry for my english :happy:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome!

Gigi Rodgers

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
May 30, 2017
Shanghai, China
Hey there Martin!
Welcome to the Squad.

You're 20, so you have PLENTY OF TIME to experiment doing a lot of things.
Not THINKING about doing these activities, but becoming a PRACTITIONER.

That will help you narrow down, REEEEEAAAL QUICK in what you do, or do not like, about the activity.
Or maybe you won't like the activity altogether.
But at least you'll know.
You can then either continue or lay the idea to rest, knowing for sure.

When I first started Digital Marketing a year ago, I dipped my toe into EVERYTHING.
And because I did this, it was real easy for me to find out what aspects I hated (e.g. seo) and what aspects I loved (e.g. video production/editing)

So go out there, create a case study - or get someone to take you on, under their wing, for a 2 week project - and decide what was fun, and what you can drop by the waist side.

MMartin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 20, 2017
Poland
Hey there Martin!
Welcome to the Squad.

You're 20, so you have PLENTY OF TIME to experiment doing a lot of things.
Not THINKING about doing these activities, but becoming a PRACTITIONER.

That will help you narrow down, REEEEEAAAL QUICK in what you do, or do not like, about the activity.
Or maybe you won't like the activity altogether.
But at least you'll know.
You can then either continue or lay the idea to rest, knowing for sure.

When I first started Digital Marketing a year ago, I dipped my toe into EVERYTHING.
And because I did this, it was real easy for me to find out what aspects I hated (e.g. seo) and what aspects I loved (e.g. video production/editing)

So go out there, create a case study - or get someone to take you on, under their wing, for a 2 week project - and decide what was fun, and what you can drop by the waist side.
Thank you for your words! For now I learn a lot of digital marketing (hate SEO like you ), but I'm just in the beginning of learning many aspects of it.

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
Welcome Martin. You are starting early - great choice! Just do it - whatever it is, invest some effort into something and work at it hard. You can always talk yourself out of good ideas - so many successful entrepreneurs are the ones who either don't consider it might fail, or don't worry if it does - it's just a learning experience. Good luck.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...