The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Advice for new website/biz name?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

TampaCreative

PARKED
Jun 16, 2018
Hey everyone. I am currently a videographer and photographer in Tampa, Florida. As a side project with a couple other friends I want to create a website that is a mix of videos and a database of all the small businesses, local artists, musicians, breweries, food trucks and things like that. We will try to do as many videos we can for a low price for all of these places/people to promote them. Kind of like a local market online.

What is holding me back now is a name for the site before i can create a logo and then intro to the video series. Here are some of the ideas I have so far:
WhatsInTampa.com
PeopleInTampa.com
localTPA.com
HiddenTampaBay.com
GetCreativeTampa.com
ArtisticTampa.com
TampaMinds.com
MindsOfTampa.com
TastefulTampa.com

Anyone have suggestions, like any of those or better ideas? I dont expect to be making money from the website but more of using it as a marketing tool to get business. Being featured on a site like this and getting a promotional video sounds like a better deal than just a video that doesnt necessarily mean any social media traction.

Here is also a super quick layout of a website idea, ignore the ads on it for now since i would pay for them to be removed: www.localtpa.wix.com/localtpa

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I'm going to suggest the alliterative route and try to connect it with something "T"

TastesOfTampa
TampaTastes
TemptingTampa

If not that, I like TastefulTampa ...

I'm also preferential to starting with Tampa.

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Some ideas for you..

YourTampa
TasteofTampa
DiscoverTampa
TampaTreasures
TampaHits
TampaHotspots
TampaGems
Tampainmotion
InsideTampa or TampaInside
TotalTampa or TampaTotal
TampaTube
UncoverTampa or TampaUncovered
SeeTampa or TampaUnseen
TampaPAL PAL=Promoting, Area/Artist, Local

Last edited:

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
TampaTalk (the .org version is available)

Note: Not a big deal, but SEO likes the main keyword up front. Also be careful with autoplay videos. Google is still on the fence about those. At the very least, disable it on mobile.

You could have a section: "This week, Jimmie's Shack is the talk of the town!"

Cheesy and fun :D

Also, think how easy that would be to pivot into podcasting which is hot right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
LATE BIRTHDAY! I'm behind on everything this month, including getting promos out. Sorry, my bad...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock