• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Advice for new website/biz name?

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by TampaCreative, Jun 16, 2018.

1. TampaCreative

TampaCreative PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    Hey everyone. I am currently a videographer and photographer in Tampa, Florida. As a side project with a couple other friends I want to create a website that is a mix of videos and a database of all the small businesses, local artists, musicians, breweries, food trucks and things like that. We will try to do as many videos we can for a low price for all of these places/people to promote them. Kind of like a local market online.

What is holding me back now is a name for the site before i can create a logo and then intro to the video series. Here are some of the ideas I have so far:
    WhatsInTampa.com
    PeopleInTampa.com
    localTPA.com
    HiddenTampaBay.com
    GetCreativeTampa.com
    ArtisticTampa.com
    TampaMinds.com
    MindsOfTampa.com
    TastefulTampa.com

Anyone have suggestions, like any of those or better ideas? I dont expect to be making money from the website but more of using it as a marketing tool to get business. Being featured on a site like this and getting a promotional video sounds like a better deal than just a video that doesnt necessarily mean any social media traction.

Here is also a super quick layout of a website idea, ignore the ads on it for now since i would pay for them to be removed: www.localtpa.wix.com/localtpa

2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,756
    Admin Post
    I'm going to suggest the alliterative route and try to connect it with something "T"

TastesOfTampa
    TampaTastes
    TemptingTampa

If not that, I like TastefulTampa ...

I'm also preferential to starting with Tampa.

Kingmaker likes this.
  3. TheCj

TheCj Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $506
    Some ideas for you..

YourTampa
    TasteofTampa
    DiscoverTampa
    TampaTreasures
    TampaHits
    TampaHotspots
    TampaGems
    Tampainmotion
    InsideTampa or TampaInside
    TotalTampa or TampaTotal
    TampaTube
    UncoverTampa or TampaUncovered
    SeeTampa or TampaUnseen
    TampaPAL PAL=Promoting, Area/Artist, Local

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  4. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,592
    TampaTalk (the .org version is available)

Note: Not a big deal, but SEO likes the main keyword up front. Also be careful with autoplay videos. Google is still on the fence about those. At the very least, disable it on mobile.

You could have a section: "This week, Jimmie's Shack is the talk of the town!"

Cheesy and fun :D

Also, think how easy that would be to pivot into podcasting which is hot right now.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.