The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

A Lesson in "Control" (from CENTS)

DannyD

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 1, 2017
Latin America
So today I got an email from Upwork saying that my account is frozen. I am going to guess it is because I login from a lot of different places since I am traveling and working at the same time.

Freelancing on Upwork is not exactly a "business" but I guess it can be dangerous relying on a platform like that for jobs.

Basically, I pay the bills via Upwork freelancing (check out SinisterLex's thread for some good info on that) so losing Upwork would be a hit for sure.

Even if you're one of the top-rated freelancers on the site, they might not need you as much as you need them :rofl:

Have more control over your financial situation !

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
It's a channel. Just like Amazon. When Amazon is your only channel, you take a risk that it will remain your only channel. Sure you can make a TON of money, but it's still a Control violation and a risk.

Eugen

Contributor
Feb 18, 2016
This is why you should after some time get your clients' contact details. I would say take the clients off upwork as soon as possible, but I feel this statement isn't morally right.

However, after a while, and if stuff like this happens, it helps to have a list of clients whom you could contact easily. Hell, I take every clients' skype/e-mail, even if we're not working together - just in case.

G

Guest92dX

Let it go/give a F*ck.

You're clearly angry. Handle it like a man. Let the liquid pour over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom