The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A frustrated and fed up graduate

Tipoki13

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 8, 2019
Hi everyone! So I'm new here. I don't have a business and I don't have any ideas (at least none that I have had the urge to act on).

I'm 24 years old. I have recently graduated with a business degree. Thankfully, I don't have any student debt as I live in Ireland and college fees are very inexpensive (about €3,000 a year). Anyway, I now work in an investment bank now and to say its soul destroying is most definitely an understatement. I work long hours (usually 8 to 6/7 in the evening) just to collect a measly salary of €24k.

I have recently enrolled in a coding bootcamp that spans 12 months. The bootcamp is a part-time online course (20-30 hrs a week) and it covers HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript and Python. Once again, I have got quite lucky as the course is completely free (valued at about €10,000) as part of a government initiative that I successfully applied for (yeah Ireland isn't a bad place in terms of education). I am hoping that the programming skills I learn will help me leverage my way out of the rat race.

I have always had an interest in entrepreneurship but after reading 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' (I'm yet to read Unscripted ) and also experiencing the corporate world, I now view entrepreneurship as a must. The thought of working a 40+ year career in a job I hate is genuinely terrifying.

Although I don't have a business or even an idea yet, I do have time on my side, I'm debt free and I believe I have the right mindset to succeed!

I look forward to reading the threads on here and absorbing as much value as possible. Hopefully, at some point I will be able to offer some value myself.

Kind regards

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Welcome!

I think Unscripted will be a very eye opening read for you. You'll enjoy it.

Tipoki13

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 8, 2019
Welcome!

I think Unscripted will be a very eye opening read for you. You'll enjoy it.
I just started the audiobook! I listened to TMF on audible and then bought the paperback straight after. It was too valuable not to have a physical copy to refer back to. I'll probably do the same with Unscripted !

Mike S

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jun 25, 2019
Crestview Hills KY
I just posted my intro to the group (Mike S) you may want to read how we bootstrapped our way into our business. It was a long and slow slog but we've made it by allowing ourselves the flexibility to be open to new opportunities as we kept our core focus (location independence) Best of luck!

Mike

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tipoki13

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 8, 2019
I just posted my intro to the group (Mike S) you may want to read how we bootstrapped our way into our business. It was a long and slow slog but we've made it by allowing ourselves the flexibility to be open to new opportunities as we kept our core focus (location independence) Best of luck!

Mike
Hi Mike

I'll definitely have a look!

Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads