The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A decleration of war and a call for help

zeloceb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
May 6, 2020
Walla Walla Washington
Hopefully this serves as an adiquate introduction. I'm here to seek help/advice first and foremost and while it may seem longwinded below is the reason I joined the forum.

“Unless the pain of inaction exceeds the pain of action, no change will occur”.

I want my life to be more painful so I get off my a$$ and work for a better future CONSISTENTLY. I’ve developed a strategy that could possibly help others and myself. I would love any criticism/advice/feedback as it will be taken seriously.

“I declare war on the slow-lane and sidewalk! At least for tonight...”

I’ve had either a FTE or FTM, all depending if I follow through with my entrepreneurial plans. I DON”T want to forget the importance of what MJ has thought me in his books but I fear my life might be to comfortable for me to care by next week, let alone month or year. I have developed a strategy to counteract this terrible mindset and will be using it starting today with this post. Here is my strategy.

All free time is spent on the fast-lane lifestyle/self improvement/building a business/providing value or an increase in work hours is due. If 100% of focus is not on ones dreams, then it will be on a soul crushing job that makes life painful.

Perhaps constantly reminding ones-self of long term pain brought by the slow-lane is a way to make the present more painful. Living in a hyper-reality constructed in one’s head about the horrors of life in the slow-lane might just be what one needs to get off their a$$. I’m hoping at least this works for me.

This is where my “call for help” comes into play. I would love some feedback on my strategy and I’m grateful if anybody takes the time to read this far. If I have success or failure with this strategy I will report back within a couple months with the results. Lastly I would like to ask how you entrepreneurs had your FTE as hopefully it can be used as rage fuel for mine. Thanks for reading, it means a lot :).

FTE = F*ck this event. Where you have no choice but to change your ways
FTM = Like a F*ck this event but are able to slip back into old ways or forget the meaning behind the event. Temporary vs permanent change

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Pain is definitely the way to go!
Some even sign up for a month of Thai kickboxing camp. Look at the Rocky movies, the boxer has to move into a dingy apartment & live rough in order to prepare for a big fight.

i swear i'm not an idiot but what's FTE? FTM?
A quick Google revealed Full Time Equivalent & Female to Male
Maybe it's something from Unscripted , I haven't read that

Putt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 1, 2020
FTE = F*ck This Event. Basically rock bottom when you have no choice to quit taking liberties and start working your a$$ off. Lots of thread on the forum about people reaching that moment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007