The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A compulsive slow laner for life getting into the fastlane(HOV lane)

ultrasounder

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 5, 2020
USA
Hi Everyone,
I am a 42 year old Electrical Engineer who has been slammed around like a ping pong ball from one job to another, one company to another and tired of playing the corporate whackamole. Things have come to a head in my recent job where I had to take a pay cut and work with inept, corporate drones and endure kool-aid drinking day in and out. I came to the US in 2003 from India and went to Northern Illinois University(MJ DeMarco went to the same school!) Because of my Indian middle class upbringing, I had always associated with wealth as something that You earn at a Job and investments(Slowlane wealth equation). I am starting to come to term with the facts that;
a. I will never be able to attain financial independence in this lifetime
b. I will always suffer indentured servitude to my 40hours(sometimes 50 hours) *high paying* engineering job where I am tired of fighting office politics, working with and for assholes
c. I will have nothing to show for when everything is over except for a 401K based education fund for my son(who knows if its enough in 10 years time?)
d. wont be able to gain control of my own time to do what I like to do the most, teach my son and help him get homeschooled and continue my education process by hacking my health and nutrition.
The thing that has resonated with me the most as I read and listen to the book simultaneously(You should try it), is the wisdom that it oozes at every sentence of every paragraph of every chapter. Its messaging, very profound and speaks to my own journey. I would like to Thank MJ for writing about his journey to the fastlane and on the fastlane in a very encouraging and pragmatic voice. I just recently discovered this book(purely by accident) and this wonderful community of fastlaners. I am sure this will be my favorite haunt to learn and grow as a "Business Owner".

Thanks
ultrasounder

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...