The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question About Pressing T-Shirts

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Hey all!

I've noticed a lot of shortcomings in the available "custom t-shirt" market including:

* Poor product selection
* Unreliable shipping times
* Lack of marketing options
* Nonexistant customer service

I've decided to do something about it.

I'm looking into a few of these heat presses that I saw in Miami and opening doors to custom orders.

My question is about decal production.

So someone sends me the decal they want on their shirt.

1. How do I print off that decal?
(Do I need a special printer? Special decal paper? Is it cheaper to outsource this?)

2. How do I line the decal accurately on the shirt?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
I've dabbled in the custom t-shirt field. I'm not bad with Photoshop and I was given a template to fill from my t-shirt producer and shipper. Usually PNG is the best format. The guys I used were actually pretty cool with rapid printing and shipping and easy payment terms. I can pass you their details if you like, I'm sure they'd love the extra business.

What is your goal? To make custom t-shirts available to sellers? Or to make your custom shirt deigns available to the public? There are ways you can sell your t-shirt deigns fairly easily and inexpensively using good on demand printers but if you like the idea of starting a printing business my advice would be to paste a few of these questions into google and spend some time seeing what you find.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hey all!

I've noticed a lot of shortcomings in the available "custom t-shirt" market including:

* Poor product selection
* Unreliable shipping times
* Lack of marketing options
* Nonexistant customer service

I've decided to do something about it.

I'm looking into a few of these heat presses that I saw in Miami and opening doors to custom orders.

My question is about decal production.

So someone sends me the decal they want on their shirt.

1. How do I print off that decal?
(Do I need a special printer? Special decal paper? Is it cheaper to outsource this?)

2. How do I line the decal accurately on the shirt?

Big Frog Custom T-Shirts and More - Design Your Own T-Shirts - Personalized T-Shirts and Apparel

Several locations near you that you could check out:

Big Frog Custom T-Shirts and More Locations - Design Your Own T-Shirt

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
I've dabbled in the custom t-shirt field. I'm not bad with Photoshop and I was given a template to fill from my t-shirt producer and shipper. Usually PNG is the best format. The guys I used were actually pretty cool with rapid printing and shipping and easy payment terms. I can pass you their details if you like, I'm sure they'd love the extra business.

What is your goal? To make custom t-shirts available to sellers? Or to make your custom shirt deigns available to the public? There are ways you can sell your t-shirt deigns fairly easily and inexpensively using good on demand printers but if you like the idea of starting a printing business my advice would be to paste a few of these questions into google and spend some time seeing what you find.

Sorry, seems I didn't clarify.

I'm not looking to have my own designs created. Rather, I'm looking to offer a custom printing/dropshipping service for entrepreneurs looking to start their own t-shirt business. I'm just trying to figure out what my initial investment looks like, how the process would work, etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
That's cool if you think you can make a good business out of it but if you find the right people they'll supply (good quality), print and ship any design as a one off to anywhere for around $13 total - less sometimes if you order larger amounts. They ship thousands of shirts and things a day using digital printing which stays printed like any of (and as good quality as) the Harley or Hotrod t-shirts you see around the place. Might be hard to compete with that.

I do know what you mean about finding good guys but I eventually did (via recommendation) so they're out there. Unless you have a unique angle like custom prints done while-u-wait at a swap meet or something. That might be a good idea. People pick out the design they like, you print it from a stock of shirts in all major sizes. Might be a thing. All you'd need is to get the machine onto a trailer, hook up a laptop, have all the popular sizes and colours.

I use Printex

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.