The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

hi everyone

Voyager82

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Aug 20, 2016
Hi,

I’m an italian who moved to the US a year ago because of marriage. I live in what I call “the bush” (western MA), living a very average life. Money is ok, my job bores me to death, but there are very few options available “in the middle of nowhere”.. i could move of course and i would love that, too bad my husband doesn't believe so because of house, work, family etc etc (yea i happened to be gay too)

My GOAL is to create the freedom to travel whenever and wherever I want. I have already travelled extensively around the world in my 20’s, but it’s never enough..it’s definitely my biggest passion. Plus, my family is in italy, i want to spend long periods of time there when my parents will need it because of old age. I want to have that type of freedom.

I’m a newbie, so I know it’s going to be a long process that will take years, but I have time in my hands that I will try to use in the best way.. i have read the TMF , but it’s not enough for me, I need to learn much more.

As a beginning I’ll try to implement some new habits:

- Waking up at 5.30 and dedicate the first 90 minutes of the day to read useful books/material

- Healthier lifestyle (better food, more workouts, no wasting time in drinking/recovering from hangovers during the weekend). To be successful in this process I’ll need my best mental shape

- Avoid television, but rather spend night time reading old and new posts in this forum and other useful websites

I hope to slowly become part of this community, it’s time for more learning first :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but there are very few options available “in the middle of nowhere”..

That isn't true -- it's a lie you are telling yourself.

When I order stuff online, whether it be software, products, or something on Amazon, I don't care if you live in the backwoods of MA. All I care about is the value of what I am receiving. If you have value, you get my cash-- your living situation is not relevant.

Welcome aboard!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HoneyBadger

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Jul 14, 2016
Florida
Welcome Voyager!

Luckily for you the internet was invented so your location won't matter too much :)

With that being said in the last month - was there a product you bought at the store (or online) or service you used that made you frustrated? Or maybe you went looking for a product/service and couldn't find it. There's your first potential business! (of course you still want to do some rough numbers to see if it there is enough people out there who were as frustrated/lost to make a market of it but you get the idea.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
I live closer to Boston but have family out in western MA and I think its awesome. And cost of living is definitely lower as well. You are only a couple of short hours to New York City, and perhaps less than hour from UMass Amherst - the biggest state school in MA bolstering 30,000 students. Think of how much opportunity exists there with new students cycling in and out every single year, the need for supplies, laptops, and whatever else college students get into. Just one idea. Sounds like you are the right track though keep it up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...