The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need advice regarding my business.

Ghouse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Feb 18, 2024
Hello everyone. My name is Ghouse. I read the Millionaire Fastlane when I was 20.
I graduated last year. I am 22 years old. I am working on a social media marketing app that allows user to schedule their posts and also get AI-generated posts for their profile. I don't have a technical background so I am using a no-code tool called Bubble to build my app. In this app, I am using Eden AI to fill the role of AI and I am using pathfix for OAuth.Using these saves a lot of time and resources and these services are built for the job.As you may know Control is of utmost importance,shall I continue on this path or start on my own.Because if I keep using bubble the app will be up in next 3 months.If I learn by myself It will take much longer.
Please guide me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
Hello everyone. My name is Ghouse. I read the Millionaire Fastlane when I was 20.
I graduated last year. I am 22 years old. I am working on a social media marketing app that allows user to schedule their posts and also get AI-generated posts for their profile. I don't have a technical background so I am using a no-code tool called Bubble to build my app. In this app, I am using Eden AI to fill the role of AI and I am using pathfix for OAuth.Using these saves a lot of time and resources and these services are built for the job.As you may know Control is of utmost importance,shall I continue on this path or start on my own.Because if I keep using bubble the app will be up in next 3 months.If I learn by myself It will take much longer.
Please guide me.
Out of interest, is your social media app similar to Buffer or Hootsuite or Planable? Any differences?
Im curious as Im using Buffer right now.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What makes your app any different? Sounds like two dozen similar apps.

Ghouse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Feb 18, 2024
Hello sir.Great to hear from you with a sucker punch question.

I am thinking of concentrating only on influencers who would benefit from these features at a cheaper rate and I am also focusing on making the UI much more intuitive with fewer features but a great service.

Ghouse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Feb 18, 2024
Out of interest, is your social media app similar to Buffer or Hootsuite or Planable? Any differences?
Im curious as Im using Buffer right now.
Hi there. At present, I am just concentrating on the influencer side and not on agencies.

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
Hi there. At present, I am just concentrating on the influencer side and not on agencies.
Why would influencers use your app & not the ones out there right now?
PS - I doubt influencers care about playing less, they already making decent money & the current apps are well priced already. There should be a bigger pain.

Ghouse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Feb 18, 2024
Why would influencers use your app & not the ones out there right now?
PS - I doubt influencers care about playing less, they already making decent money & the current apps are well priced already. There should be a bigger pain.
Hey.
Thanks for asking questions(keep it coming,I am open to feedback :D). What if I added stats about their posts and a feature that suggests what to post and when to post it.Then??

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
What if I added stats about their posts
Stats/Analytics are great/ I'm using Buffer which has this.
feature that suggests what to post and when to post it
This is also great. I also get this below from Buffer.

1708549729252.png

1708549753543.png

I'm sure the other sites do similar things. The challenge here is market saturation. So I foresee marketing being your challenge to convince influencers how you are better.

Try to create 1 or 2 pain points that sets you apart. Feature to allow influencer to reply to social media comment directly from your app may be very useful.
Maybe speak to some influencers to get feedback on what they need.

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
Stats/Analytics are great/ I'm using Buffer which has this.

This is also great. I also get this below from Buffer.

View attachment 54389

View attachment 54390

I'm sure the other sites do similar things. The challenge here is market saturation. So I foresee marketing being your challenge to convince influencers how you are better.

Try to create 1 or 2 pain points that sets you apart. Feature to allow influencer to reply to social media comment directly from your app may be very useful.
Maybe speak to some influencers to get feedback on what they need.
Im not an influencer but IL give you a pain I have.
Firstly, I absolutely love the convenience of consolidated multiple scheduled posts across all channels. However, being from South Africa, the dollar to Rand exchange rate does not make the paid plans necessarily cheap for me.

I am an early stage bootstrapped start up founder. Keeping my expenses low is important for obvious reasons, so I research & make use of trail versions so if your trial is free for longer with MORE channels available to me to use together with an easy to use interface then I'd leave Buffer & use yours in a heartbeat.
Hope this helps.

G

Guest6x3pod4

That's my first question. It's like airlines.. they can have wide seats and snacks but if they get me in town after my meeting they lost the sale. It's the schedule followed by the fare. Please start with explaining how your app hits customers main parameters of value and we can go from there!

Ghouse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Feb 18, 2024
Firstly, I absolutely love the convenience of consolidated multiple scheduled posts across all channels. However, being from South Africa, the dollar to Rand exchange rate does not make the paid plans necessarily cheap for me.

I am an early stage bootstrapped start up founder. Keeping my expenses low is important for obvious reasons, so I research & make use of trail versions so if your trial is free for longer with MORE channels available to me to use together with an easy to use interface then I'd leave Buffer & use yours in a heartbeat.
Hope this helps.
Thanks, I will work on it.

Ghouse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Feb 18, 2024

Hope this helps.
Hi there.
May I know your industry?

I have two suggestions that I believe might be a plus point for users:
1. Suggesting the like/dislike ratio about a post, and then asking whether to keep it or remove it.
2. Suggesting the user to post something related to what someone they are following has posted.

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
Hi there.
May I know your industry?

I have two suggestions that I believe might be a plus point for users:
1. Suggesting the like/dislike ratio about a post, and then asking whether to keep it or remove it.
2. Suggesting the user to post something related to what someone they are following has posted.
On demand services marketplace.

Im unsure if you understood my previous message. I'm not an influencer, we use bulk posting purely to increase brand awareness.
1 and 2 does not help me. I thought I made it clear what I need in order to use you.

Ghouse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Feb 18, 2024
On demand services marketplace.

Im unsure if you understood my previous message. I'm not an influencer, we use bulk posting purely to increase brand awareness.
1 and 2 does not help me. I thought I made it clear what I need in order to use you.
My trial version is 14 days after that its $20/mo. A child can navigate through the interface.

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
My trial version is 14 days after that its $20/mo. A child can navigate through the interface.
Let's have a look. Link?

A

Anon45x4yB

Please guide me.
Hi, I heard a lot about Bubble from saas entrepreneurs.
Most of them use No code to build their mvp and validate their Ideas. They land the very first customers, and then with the money hire a team of experienced devs to export the code from Bubble to something with more control.

So yes, no code is principally used for mvp. And remember, a mvp is perfect and incomplete, not complete and imperfect. It should deliver the core functionality of your app, not fluffy features.
The “saas playbook” from Rob Walling is good for understanding how software businesses works.

Keep it up !

Ghouse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Feb 18, 2024
Let's have a look. Link?
Thanks for showing interest @SSTrey .As I said in my first thread.The app is still under development,things like AI generation,scheduling are done,but content library, and stats are acting like a roadblock. I am working on these.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...