The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

zen*******, who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Lots of gold nuggets if you read Z's posts and threads! I learned a lot thanks to @zen*******
:) :rockon::notworthy:
10273881_10153024291142137_9207478855696650034_n.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I feel good about what I've started. But i also feel kinda scared about what might come. Which is weird because its what I wanted.
I guess my question is. Did you ever fear success?

I know this exact feeling which you're describing. I've never written about it because I simply do not know how one overcomes it. The only way that I stopped fearing success was when I started getting consistent orders daily so my mind became conditioned to get comfortable with it.

In the beginning I was totally freaked out though. I had a little voice in the back of my mind asking, "Uh is this going to continue? There's no way this can continue going into the future. The sales will stop eventually. This can't be real. This must be fake". But for some strange reason, the sales didn't stop so over time my mind was conditioned for it and I got over the little voice.

We should talk about reversing limiting beliefs sometime. You have met your match: the man in the mirror.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
I know this exact feeling which you're describing. I've never written about it because I simply do not know how one overcomes it. The only way that I stopped fearing success was when I started getting consistent orders daily so my mind became conditioned to get comfortable with it.

In the beginning I was totally freaked out though. I had a little voice in the back of my mind asking, "Uh is this going to continue? There's no way this can continue going into the future. The sales will stop eventually. This can't be real. This must be fake". But for some strange reason, the sales didn't stop so over time my mind was conditioned for it and I got over the little voice.

We should talk about reversing limiting beliefs sometime. You have met your match: the man in the mirror.

Yes. Becoming that new and improved self is about getting used to it, adjusting to it, growing into it, leaning into it, stretching into it, even painfully.

Just look at how Arnold Schwarzenegger describes the physical and mental work of becoming world class:

"A beginner does eight repetitions of a certain exercise with his maximum weight on the barbell. As soon as it hurts, he thinks about stopping. I work beyond this point, which means I tell my mind that as soon as it starts aching it is growing. Growing is something unusual for the body when you are over eighteen. The body isn’t used to ten, eleven, or twelve reps with a maximum weight. Then I do ten or fifteen sets of this in a row. No human body was ever prepared for this and suddenly it is making itself grow to handle this new challenge, growing through this pain area. Experiencing this pain in my muscles and aching and going on is my challenge. The last three or four reps is what makes the muscles grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens. I have no fear of fainting. I do squats until I fall over and pass out. So what? It’s not going to kill me. I wake up five minutes later and I’m OK. A lot of other athletes are afraid of this. So they don’t pass out. They don’t go on."
-A.S.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I'm flooded with orders and ibdont even have a product yet.
Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve what might come or scared to deal with it. If it does happen.
I guess I'm just scared. Freaks the shit out of me.

You know what it is?
It is because you persuade people to buy out of doubt.

Its like, "do you like me?" but hidden under "this product rocks".
So deep down you are like "omg, they are buying just to appease my doubt, what if they found out that was just all BS".

The truth is, when you are selling out of doubt, rather than leadership, you will always feel bad, because sales is meant to be about inviting people IN, rather than asking if they will support you.
Make the product good enough for you, and ask if they really do need it.

When you start realising they actually need it, it reverses on you, and you start making excuses about why you can't sell it today :p

Then to get over that, you put your bigboy pants on and say "ok, I have to help out ten people this week" and you go out firmly, and you steady the conversation, and you make sales.

Then next week, you act less defensive, and are a little smoother, and you help 15 people.
And then the next week you say "usually this is helpful" whenever anyone asks.
Then the next week you spot people loitering and tell them "usually this works".
Then the next week you say hello to someone and ask them if they have x problem, and tell them what is helpful.

Then next month you set up an add or whatever, inviting more people and go get more people.

It is this buildup process that is important.

The actual truth behind your doubt is that you BELIEVE you can sell thousands, but you ACTUALLY CAN'T. And you think you need people to like you to sell, but you don't, you just need to reach out and assist people to sell.

Put a story behind your sales attitude, put faces to sales, learn things from people, and while you are learning things, sell to them, and you will not be pushed by sales but people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Zen. Honestly.

When I come to this forum. First thing look for is your name. I admire your passion for helping others. I've read most if your posts.

I have a question. Something that lurks deep in my thoughts.

I feel good about what I've started. But i also feel kinda scared about what might come. Which is weird because its what I wanted.

I'm flooded with orders and ibdont even have a product yet.

Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve what might come or scared to deal with it. If it does happen.

I guess I'm just scared. Freaks the shit out of me.

EDIT - I guess this is for any forum members

This has been discussed at length here, it is very common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!