The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You (Yes, you reading this right now). You need to shut the F*ck up.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Apr 15, 2023
You don't deserve to be let off the hook.

I know you have goals, motherfcker.

Why aren't they done?

Stop reading this, and spend 3 minutes looking in the mirror, asking that question.

No phone, no music, you, and the mirror that never lies.

You're not going to want to think about it.

But the thought will be there.

I am lazy.

Check your screen time. If there is more than an hour on any social media? YOU ARE LAZY.

How often every day do you have time, all to yourself, no music, no phone, just you and a boring task, like making breakfast? If never? YOU'RE F*ckING LAZY.

If you get the urge to do a workout or some deep work or whatever it is, how long does it take you to do it?

A minute?

Ten?

An hour?

Do you make an excuse and not do it at all?

Get some goddamn self-control.

(note: this is a letter I wrote to myself. I found it extremely helpful and my hope is you will too. Obviously, this is not for EVERYONE.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
559%
Apr 17, 2022
Before you label yourself as being inherently lazy, you should ask yourself a different question:

Has the modern, pathological lifestyle of endless and mindless consumption of digital entertainment hijacked your entire nervous system from its very core?

Imagine trying to enjoy a salad after you've binged on cheeseburgers, fries, soda, and chocolate.

Not very appealing, right?

The same thing happens with work:

You cannot enjoy the process of hard work if you're trying to "balance" things out by staying glued to a screen for 10 hours a day and overflowing your dopamine receptors with garbage.

The human brain is not stupid.

It will ALWAYS go to the highest reward available for the least amount of effort.

That's why you have alcoholics, drug addicts, and young people who are scrolling their lives away on their phones - one day at a time.

It's not laziness. It's self-induced neurological impairment.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.