The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would you advertise on toilet paper?

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
I was at a trade show yesterday and I saw this company that sells advertisements on toilet paper. I asked how they are doing and the guy said pretty well. I also asked if he thought people had an issue wiping themselves with paper that had ink on it and he said it has been tested and it's not an issue. My last question was do companies give you push back on the fact that their advertisement is going down the toilet and the sales guy did not have a great answer for this. I think it is a very interesting idea, not sure if it is a good one but I thought I would post it because people are always looking for ideas and these guys took the bull by the horn and went for something way outside the box. The site is Printed Toilet Paper

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
So I'd never use this, ever.

However, if I were selling it I'd argue that being top of mind to your customer base is more important than the context of the advertisement. I'd also argue they are a "captive audience". Also, it is SURELY to get discussed by everyone who sees it, which filters back into the first point.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
That wouldn't mean shit to me

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
what a asinine idea.

Dezzamondo

Indefatigable
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 11, 2012
Worcester, UK
captive audience

There's an idea... Since you have got a captive audience, in a (presumably) bland cubicle, if you're clever with the design you could engage with them a lot easier. Something like a Sudoku puzzle or perhaps CRAP jokes to pass the time could give your business brownie points. It would certainly leave its mark.

Then again, if you get it wrong and they don't like it all, its a bit of a shitter...

[sorry, terrible puns but surprisingly relevant!]

DealMaker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 9, 2011
Pacific NW
This is an interesting concept...

I assume they are giving the toilet paper to businesses for free and selling the ads...

Lot's of other angles on this concept:

1. Coffee cup sleeves with ads
2. Pet waste bags
3. Urinal deodorizers
4. Cups, napkins, etc.
5. Signage on benches, golf courses, etc.
6. Bottled water

Emo6126

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 26, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I was at the NY expo too and I saw them as well.

I guess it depends on what you do?

I contacted them and I asked them a few questions:

can you place the toilet paper in the facility I am looking for...mine was a gym and specific ones too

How many rolls does 20,000 ads go on?

And what is the average amount of people who use a single roll? Weird metric, but it is important when you want to reach a lot of people

I am still waiting for their response, I will keep you posted

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
put an ad on the toilet paper for something health related, like anti-acid pills or detox systems or something that is contextual to someone sitting on a toilet, and I bet you could do really well as an advertiser.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
put an ad on the toilet paper for something health related, like anti-acid pills or detox systems or something that is contextual to someone sitting on a toilet, and I bet you could do really well as an advertiser.

I probably would if my company was stool softner maker :)

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I am not 100% sure but there may have a niche here :)

Think about it... would you buy toilet paper that had Ex President XXX's Face on it ?

Or one with the face of your Favorite celebrity so you can brag to people... "I have had Paris wipe my arse!"... that would def. be a conversation starter.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Or one with the face of your Favorite celebrity so you can brag to people... "I have had Paris wipe my arse!"... that would def. be a conversation starter.

I think you're on to something here. Have the ability to custom print the image of your choice, so you can wipe your a$$ with anyone that pisses you off or you're mad at.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I think you're on to something here. Have the ability to custom print the image of your choice, so you can wipe your a$$ with anyone that pisses you off or you're mad at.

Exactly, I mean you never know what sells until you try it!

I would def. wipe myself with my enemy's face :D that wud give me a good giggle xD... sheet, maybe having carton figures would make young kids want to become W.C trained instead of fearing the toilet.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.