The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where to sell a profitable SaaS?

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Apr 9, 2020
France
Hi!
I had a pretty bad burnout 2 weeks ago, and I have an incredibly hard time working on my app since then

The app is an AI SaaS with $6500 MRR, is profitable and growing. I could hire someone to manage it for me, but that would be yet another headache. I just want to move on

What would be the best place to list it for sale asap?

I already started listing it on Acquire.com, but if some of you have experience with other places, I'd love to hear about it

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Is that the app summarising our talk notes?

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Hi!
I had a pretty bad burnout 2 weeks ago, and I have an incredibly hard time working on my app since then

The app is an AI SaaS with $6500 MRR, is profitable and growing. I could hire someone to manage it for me, but that would be yet another headache. I just want to move on

I already started listing it on Acquire.com, but if some of you have experience with other places, I'd love to hear about it
littleexits.com

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hi!

Your last app was sold slightly more than 1x yearly revenue. $150 revenue per day for $65k. The logo design generator.

I wonder is that common for AI Saas? One X seems very cheap.

Is that due to large hidden maintenance cost or lack of longevity, that something better might pop up in the market and kill the current app?

Last edited:

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Apr 9, 2020
France
Your last app was sold slightly more than 1x yearly revenue. $150 revenue per day for $65k. The logo design generator.

I wonder is that common for AI Saas? One X seems very cheap.

Is that due to large hidden maintenance cost or lack of longevity, that something better might pop up in the market and kill the current app?
Yes, this was one one-time payments, so it's less valuable than something recurring! Also needed lots of work to be improved

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Hey, I'm in SaaS - have my own and work for a pretty big SaaS in the AI space by day across three brands, one you've probably heard of. So I know this space very well. I think I found your product and I thought it was pretty cool to be honest.

The biggest challenge that I think your app has from both a business and buyer perspective is differentiation. The people who are starting to win in the AI space are differentiating through going narrow on a target ICP and segment of the market. If I bought your app the first thing I'd do is reposition it.

So, why not go more vertical? Make it the AI App that does X for X Industry — there are probably a number of industries that you can sell into and sell at a premium that could use this. If burnout is the issue due to dev, then hire a dev to take over.

Outside of that, I get it though. The AI space is tough right now and it's hard to keep up. Burnout is very real in this space and I don't give it long before it goes through a massive consolidation.

For selling - I've seen people join private Facebook groups and find buyers that way. I'm sure someone out there is itching to get their hands on some sort of AI app.

empiricalwriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 19, 2019
Nigeria
I'm a broker and we can help you sell it.

We have a network of buyers who buy Ecom businesses, SaaS and content websites.

All deals are done via escrow.com, so you're safe.

Kindly let me know if you're interested to proceed so we can start some due diligence on your business, going further.

lamplinkwhite

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
May 15, 2024
  1. Set expectations around the type of deal you're seeking.
  2. Engage an M&A advisory firm or investment bank.
  3. Run a formal M&A marketing process.
  4. Negotiate final deal terms.
  5. Execute closing and begin earnout.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!