The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When to find a partner...

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
You're going to pull it off DESPITE her, in spite of her. Deep down inside, you know you didn't need her anyway. I'm assuming part of that enlightenment you got from her gave you a little Musashi-style wisdom about determination and victory.
It all will happen without her. It's a gift not to have that albatross... She gave me a peek into the mind of a narcissistic has-been, coulda-been-more, washed-up, self-googling, self-important, manipulative, do-it-for-me-now-because-I'm-famous-and-you're-not, paranoid-about-what-others-think... kind of market. This will lead to magnificent sales within my chosen niche. She was officially my first customer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nate-NewVenture

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 31, 2014
Lomita, CA
I think it's been stated here, but I believe it's all about the EXECUTION. If you're tossing ideas around because you're brainstorming to come up with IDEAS... well, that's different from discussing YOUR IDEA with others. If you need to validate your idea, then there's a wealth of Gold threads here about how to do that. Your idea might have a CORE to it which only you have thought sufficiently about, and can be kept secret while you are getting all kinds of feedback through discussions with others about that idea.

I was devastated when my perceived future partner dropped the ball for everything. Now after a few months, I'm pushing this idea around on my own and am determined to do it myself. I consider my time with her to be an enlightening experience: I didn't know that all the red flags were apparent, but because of my naivete I couldn't see them. It is (for me) far better NOT to have a partner. A joint venture might be something I'd consider, but I'm still maintaining control over my IDEA and my own business, and a JV is a long way off if at all.

^ this^

@Drive2Riches,

I agree with your response and the response of others. Sharing my idea and vision is a completely different process than executing those ideas. When I posted this thread, I hadn't read MJ's book (finished it a couple of days ago).

Honestly, I asked because I approached 2 very close friends of mine, one of which I have worked with before. They seemed very excited but, due to their own lives and roads, hasn't gotten back with me, promising tomorrow or a week later. It is of my opinion that if they truly saw the potential of my vision, we should have been brainstorming THAT DAY for hours! I have been doing the research. I've been calling the correct people. I've been working on the look and feel of the project. I've been actively seeking advice here.

These roads all lead me back to one inevitable conclusion. It's mine! I have the drive to execute. I have the strength of process. I can get it done.

In the past, I've always been a big proponent of collaboration and teamwork. Going solo scares me! That being said, I can honestly say, being scared for this reason is the best feeling in the world.

My 2 cents,
Nate-NewVenture

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Many people on this forum seem anti-partnership

Actually you've misinterpreted. We are anti-making-stupid-decisions-based-on-stupid-reasons.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Actually you've misinterpreted. We are anti-making-stupid-decisions-based-on-stupid-reasons.

HAHA...

And, conversely: Pro-making-intelligent/logical-decisions-based-on-intelligent/logical-reasons.

@Drive2Riches Now, that's irony for you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.