The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your biggest mental barrier holding you back?

HerpMogul

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 23, 2013
Locationless
My biggest mental barrier/limiting belief has to do with my current stage of life. I started on my entre-education road about 3 yrs ago. I have gained so much knowledge and have started so many positive habits. But now when analyzing where I am in life (Father, husband sole provider). Now that I am able to notice pains and understand steps necessary to move forward, I don't have the "jump in" mentality since I have two people depending on me. I know I have to get over this and I do address that daily.

Any thoughts tips or stories from anyone who was ever in my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
My biggest mental barrier/limiting belief has to do with my current stage of life. I started on my entre-education road about 3 yrs ago. I have gained so much knowledge and have started so many positive habits. But now when analyzing where I am in life (Father, husband sole provider). Now that I am able to notice pains and understand steps necessary to move forward, I don't have the "jump in" mentality since I have two people depending on me. I know I have to get over this and I do address that daily.

Any thoughts tips or stories from anyone who was ever in my situation would be greatly appreciated.
What's your runway? Do you have any capital saved up that you can live off of?

Despite your lack of time (I assume slowlane job and children take up a lot of your time), what action are you taking towards validating if these "pains" can actually be "products"?

It needn't take much time to move a small bit each day, so long as it's in the right direction. Yes, it will go faster if you give it more time, and you may hit a point where you need to go 100%, (ideally when you validated something as a pain and prove you can get people to pay you for it, in scale or magnitude) but you can still take baby steps each day to get to that point.

HerpMogul

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 23, 2013
Locationless
Thank you for the reply I appreciate that. To answer your question I have been actively working on just that. Thanks to tips I read here I now have a product to help solve on of the largest pains in the sector. My next plan of execution is to compile contacts via landing page/free give away and old school giveaways for email/contact at local shows. My developer I hired from odesk should have my page done Monday so I can start actually seeing data that can translate to sales.

I am making small moves daily, but actual conversions should be on the horizon. At least I can say for sure I have a product that people already pay twice as much for and many said they like to try. Hmm maybe pre-orders!. ha just had an epiphany.

scott.legendre

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
235%
Aug 5, 2013
the current barrier I just realized is that I'm still putting priority on the money and not about bringing value to others. It affects my mentality and approach. I thought I knew better but when it comes time for planning and action that's all i start to think about.

but I really do believe what I've read up on the forum. provide value and the money will follow, but chase money and it will stay out of reach.

Hearing it is one thing, acting on it is something else. That's why they say take action, the quicker you learn the better.

Last edited:

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,186%
Jun 8, 2010
California
the current barrier I just realized is that I'm still putting priority on the money and not about bringing value to others. It affects my mentality and approach. I thought I knew better but when it comes time for planning and action that's all i start to think about.

but I really do believe what I've read up on the forum. provide value and the money will follow, but chase money and it will stay out of reach.

Hearing it is one thing, acting on it is something else. That's why they say take action, the quicker you learn the better.

There is typically a 2 year learning curve before knowledge that we "know" eventually becomes embraced by our subconscious. I still struggle with it at times.

There is almost a spiritual zen side to separating yourself from the hunger to be profitable immediately.

Last edited:

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
There is almost a spiritual zen side to separating yourself from the hunger to be profitable immediately.

That's where I'm at. It took me 4-5 years before I realized this.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,186%
Jun 8, 2010
California
That's where I'm at. It took me 4-5 years before I realized this.

The secret is this: put away the lambo and ferrari posters. Put away all the materialistic dreams that feed the ego.

Once the ego is removed from the equation, the hunger to be profitable immediately will mostly disappear.

I once asked the dolphin, "How were you able to become successful so fast?".

He responded, "My motivations were different. I didn't care for the Lambo. I just wanted to live my life".

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
The secret is this: put away the lambo and ferrari posters. Put away all the materialistic dreams that feed the ego.

Once the ego is removed from the equation, the hunger to be profitable immediately will mostly disappear.

I once asked the dolphin, "How were you able to become successful so fast?".

He responded, "My motivations were different. I didn't care for the Lambo. I just wanted to live my life".
Totally agree. I guess I never had the problem of wanting material possessions, but I was desperate to quit my day job and pay off my student loans as fast as possible. Now I don't care about that so much, I just want to build something that helps people and solves problems. And, amazingly, I've been more successful in the last 6 months than any time in the last 5 years.

HerpMogul

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 23, 2013
Locationless
Totally agree. I guess I never had the problem of wanting material possessions, but I was desperate to quit my day job and pay off my student loans as fast as possible. Now I don't care about that so much, I just want to build something that helps people and solves problems. And, amazingly, I've been more successful in the last 6 months than any time in the last 5 years.
Throttle you hit the nail on the head for me too, I never really NEEDED that Lambo. I knew it would be nice to have but even when visualizing my future I had to force the material things in but boy that day job thing uuugghh gives me chills..haha thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.