The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What have you got to lose?

BlueStar

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Feb 18, 2013
What have you got to lose was the question that got me to shift gears and start thinking seriously, for a long time now I have been beating around the bush and making excuses as to why I shouldn’t start a business or make a move on an opportunity ..I was very good at pointing out the problems preventing me from starting something, but I never really put my best effort into actually finding a solution to the problem.

I am naturally a risk averse person but I learnt to use it to my advantage now, Instead of seeing risk and running away, I find a solution (not always easy) and still go forward.....so now when I ask myself, what have I got to lose.....the answer is “not much really†and what I stand to gain is a hell of a lot.

I am glad I found this forum, I can really relate to what people post here and I wish you all the best. My name is Yusuf and I leave you with this message

You have “Movers & Shakers†and then “Sleepers & Fakersâ€.......and the only barrier that separates these two groups of people is that one side gets things done.

so Just do it

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alana

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 16, 2012
In the middle of a national forest (in N. CA)
Best o’ luck to you….then again little, if any, of your success will depend on luck and rather opportunity meeting preparation. I used this metaphor the other day and I’m going to stretch it out to this post:
Business ventures are a lot like falling in love. In the beginning (when it’s just you, your idea and your excitement) it is very much like being infatuated with someone. The birds are out singing, every Hallmark love card is speaking directly to you, etc etc etc. Then reality sets in and you realize that this person (or business) has flaws like real people all do. Things get a little complacent…and you try to feel each other out to get a better idea of how compatible you two truly are. This is where a lot of people prefer to jump from person to person rather than do the dirty work that is necessary for a solid relationship to work. And we all know that rarely do relationships end in ‘death do us part’…only a few in a large handful do. Same goes for business…the long term success rate of start ups is small. So is it better to have loved and to have lost or not to have loved at all?
Every venture is a learning experience. What you take away in the end, regardless of whether the business becomes successful or not, is only determined by your frame of mind. Some folks realize that a failure is simply a step closure to success, while others see it as total defeat. It’s up to you. A title, a business and a net profit do not define you…only the way you react to them.

BlueStar

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Feb 18, 2013
I agree completely, but it took me a while to realize this though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...