The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What does your days look like?

tamo42

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jan 9, 2013
Jebus I'm lazy.

My day looks like this:

8:30 wake up
8:30-9:30 have breakfast with wife
9:30-11:30 check email, forums, stock market, reading up on something (today was building pr network)
11:30-1:30 probably lunch with friend
1:30-3:30 make calls for real estate projects, write/assign/edit articles
3:30-5:30 ???? Probably more reading here
5:30-6:30 dinner
6:30-9:30 hang out with wife
9:30-11:00 reading in bed
Sleep

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Jebus I'm lazy.

My day looks like this:

8:30 wake up
8:30-9:30 have breakfast with wife
9:30-11:30 check email, forums, stock market, reading up on something (today was building pr network)
11:30-1:30 probably lunch with friend
1:30-3:30 make calls for real estate projects, write/assign/edit articles
3:30-5:30 ???? Probably more reading here
5:30-6:30 dinner
6:30-9:30 hang out with wife
9:30-11:00 reading in bed
Sleep

Must be nice to sleep 10 hours and only work 2 hours a day. Does your wife provide the income?

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Christ, it seems like 1/4 of the forum expects to be successful by sleeping, hanging out, oh and maybe reading a bit about business here and there to spice it up; being overall mediocre, lazy, unproductive shits.

You all are lying to yourselves if you think your making progress, you know who you are.

8:30 (at the very latest)- Wake up
8:30-4:30- work on my business and my future, try to remember to eat food in between.
(11:00-12:00 gym every other day)
5:00-8:00- Either out selling door to door bootstrapping or working on the business
8:00-2:00- Working on my fastlane business
Sleep. rinse. repeat.

Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can’t; it is NOT living a few years of your life like your on an unemployed vacation with 12 hours of sleep a day so that you can call yourself an entrepreneur, post on a forum, and leech off of society.

It's 2:28 in the morning and I just finished some work that needed to be done today, and I'll be doing the same thing tomorrow, and the next day, and the next; however long it takes until I am successful. Some of you on this thread are a downright embarrassment and your discrediting the hard work and reputation of the real entrepreneurs on this forum who are out getting shit done and changing the world.

G

GuestUser8117

Okay, my schedule was F*cking dumb. And not the same day is the same lol. I'm heading to flip a house(maybe with an "associate" and an other friend. Or buy an appartment complex that the owner is willing to finance. After I make some profit, I'll see. Problem is analysis paralysis, I can't focus. I've decided I'm gonna fail at something, see what's the problem and correct it and keep improving myself along the way. I've put the violin aside for a while and dumped some friends. Interesting how friendships always seem to dissipate slowly.

DarkZero

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 29, 2013
It's 2:28 in the morning and I just finished some work that needed to be done today, and I'll be doing the same thing tomorrow, and the next day, and the next; however long it takes until I am successful. Some of you on this thread are a downright embarrassment and your discrediting the hard work and reputation of the real entrepreneurs on this forum who are out getting shit done and changing the world.

I completely agree with you. But I don't think these people "expect" to be successful that way (at least I hope not). No one is claiming that. It seems to be more of a log so they can see how much their day differs from the successful people on the forum. That's why the thread seems to have started. And we can say "well they don't need to write it down, the differences should be blatantly obvious to them". But that's not the point. Recognizing it and even writing it and then changing it is a big step in their long road to becoming successful.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
5. Around 8-9pm plan my night of partying
6. Come home between 5am to 9am
8. Sleep between 4 to 10 hours depending on how drunk I am and/or how hyped up I am about "working"

You can give negative speed to put someone "In Reverse"? Didn't even know that was possible.

There's a part of TMF you should re-read. It was like when MJ was still coding limos there was a bar down the street or something that had a bunch of parties he wanted to attend. Instead of going out partying he stayed home and worked. You know the rest.

Do you expect to achieve similar results by doing the opposite of what someone successful has done? It says you're 24 years old, and I don't see that you have a job to support yourself, yet your schedule looks like you're still living in a frat house.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
[video=youtube;GUhX2dYGD8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhX2dYGD8M[/video]

WHY DO I WORK SO HARD??? BECAUSE IM 25....

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Longer... But much more intense:

[video=youtube;i1pjY1mDAa8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1pjY1mDAa8[/video]

(Skip to the kitchen scene if your lazy and just want the meat)

Ps. He is number 2, possibly number 1 in the world this year.

smartman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Apr 7, 2013
In engineering school, we were taught that success comes from building in everything you need into your day, whether it is exercise, education, family time. This is what I did to keep myself on task.

I realized that gaining information is tantamount to my success in any endeavor. Reading is the most common way of this. What I did was get a job working the door at a bar, which allows me to read at work. I work two nights a week, and essentially get paid to read, look up from my book at hot girls occasionally, and I have to sweep and mop for an hour at the end of the night.

I had to build in exercise into my day. I noticed I was only getting exercise when I played hockey once a week, and the rest of the time was spent on the computer or phone. I signed up for a gym that is on the way to the job I mentioned above, so at least two times a week I will get some decent exercise in.

these sound like dumb "motherly suggestions" but they work, and besides, your mom is always right.

Astral Explorer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Jun 28, 2013
I think what you need to "fit in" is some actual time working on your business. Maybe come home a little earlier from the night life and go to sleep at a reasonable time, then wake up before most people are getting home from work and start your business then. After sleeping for 10 hours, you are in no position to take a break to watch a movie...

Apart from the writing and research there weren't many actions that screamed "entrepreneur" to me. You should work on this.

Unsure why I got a negative rep because you have zero clue what I actually do...

To clarify, going out is part of "work", it all overlaps into everything I do when it comes to my business. If I wasn't going out, I wouldn't have found my niche nor would I have got to this point in my life. When I come home I don't sleep and I also am writing when I commute to and from.

forchunet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 6, 2013
Great Kai Greene video. I read a few of his interviews before and have always left feeling inspired.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
My father growing up told us kids we only had to work half days. We got to decide which 12 out of 24 hrs we worked.

KirbyRaymund

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Apr 11, 2013
this is my Monday through Friday

11 AM - wake up, make coffee, check email, check Facebook, forums, etc.
12 AM - Write articles for blogs and novel (somewhere there, have lunch)
4PM- take a break, watch something or have an intense youtube session
5PM - run or do some gardening
6PM - start doing marketing work for online clients
4AM - sleep

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.