The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you tell people when they ask where your sources

wbrett1027

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 15, 2015
Some people know about where we get our products (alibaba) however there are a lot of people who I come in contact with, who will ask where I found out about getting products for cheap
A lot of my customers ask where I am getting my product from
So what I'm getting at, is
What do you tell people when they ask where do you get the product from
Where's it made
Curious if you all tell about the secret alibaba..
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser113

only-one-explanation-classified.jpg

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Where else? China! upload_2015-5-4_0-14-46.jpeg if they don't like that answer.upload_2015-5-4_0-16-1.jpeg

or call the 800 number and you will be directed to India. That's been my experience anyway especially when somethings not working and you need technical help it's in some foreign place where you can't understand what they're saying and have poor English and you spend an hour listening to them trying to tell you how to fix something that's manufactured. It's believable. Just saying! :)
5513858af3123.jpg

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Some people know about where we get our products (alibaba) however there are a lot of people who I come in contact with, who will ask where I found out about getting products for cheap
A lot of my customers ask where I am getting my product from
So what I'm getting at, is
What do you tell people when they ask where do you get the product from
Where's it made
Curious if you all tell about the secret alibaba..
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Alibaba must be the worst kept secret ever. Anyone who does not know about Alibaba has been asleep since 1998.

The "secret" is promulgated by every importing guru-in-training in their blogs, webinars, and very expensive training courses as the best and usually, the only place to source products overseas. Even the latest $5000 ASM teaches that.

I say don't worry about the secret getting out. Instead leave those gurus' gullible students to try to sort their way through the masses of traders masquerading as manufacturers in the hope of finding a genuine manufacturer. Meanwhile you might have been lucky enough to find a real manufacturer, so you can carry on making good profits while they struggle with the lower margins they will get by buying from a trader.

If interested in some more helpful information on product sourcing and easy importing, you might like to have a look at my AMA. 37,400 views so far.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Why would you tell a customer you got your product from Alibaba :s baffling.

I've been asked such a question in person, my answer "overseas", done, end of conversation. It says right on the box anyway, it's no hidden secret, even your Iphone says it's made in China. There's no reason for a customer to ask you what sources and warehouse you use, that's just a nossy customer or a competitor trying to get business data out of you, don't cave in.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

wbrett1027

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 15, 2015
I offer great deals to bring in the customers, far better than the big company's, that's what strikes people's mind asking where I get them, maybe I'm hurting myself, but from now on I'll just say strait from the manufactor, or overseas

:) thanks everyone!

Brett.W
Brettco LLC
Southern Maryland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content