The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Color Ferrari Should I Buy? (I Have Twenty Bucks)

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
Arghhh... these questions sounds like the stuff my broke friends say all the time. I don't know "how" or "I don't know what to do" or "what business to start." Geez, it's like asking people to do all the thinking for you. How can someone tell you exactly what business you should do or road to take. They don't know your likes, skills, or what you can do or how motivated you are, or how much time or money you have to do it.

Start a list of ideas, and underneath each idea write down your skillset, what you need to execute that idea, and the actionable steps to take. Then prioritize which ones you "like or love or feel passionate about" and then you go and do it. Then if that idea fails, refer back to your list and start on the next one.

I really hope if I ever say that, someone please shake me or give me a wake up call and tell me to snap out of it. I've started keeping an ideas notebook so that helps tremendously and also, when I write it down in the notebook I don't have to keep all these ideas in my head and it makes it easier to think of new things.

This. A couple of months ago I started making a list of 10-20 ideas every day- the ideas didn't have the be great, they just had to be ideas for a business, for an app, for a revenue stream...etc then on the next page I would write what would be my first step in execution. That's it. Ive been doing it for a few months now and it's really helping me in not only coming up with good ideas, but also getting past the mindset of having to know every step of the way before you even start. All you need to know is the first step

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
thought I would look this up.

you were talking about millenials working and again I feel old lol. my daughter was born in 2000 and my son in 2003.(I wanted to see if they were millenials)

I knew I was generation x. my neice is y and my kids are apparently z according to this article.

I had never heard the term before... looks like its going to get worse before it gets better. I am glad I am attempting to change the path for my z's :)

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/diet-and-fitness/talkin-bout-my-label-20110720-1ho7s.html

Thoelk

Artificial Psycho
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 18, 2014
Belgium
Educational institutions are now manufacturing an entire generation of brain-dead millennials who have never failed in their entire life, and have a wall of participation trophies to show for it. They’re groomed to believe that hard work is optional. Competing, optional. Going above the call, optional. Born rockstars, these kids think they can just show up and win all that life has to offer.

This is an instant winner... As someone who graduated from the University last year, I felt invincible as well... Until I read TMF .
This passage reminds me of the HBO-show 'The Wire'.. Where you see the new kids on the block trying hard to look tough and hang out with the big boys.

Graduates (me included) are like these new wanna-be gangster... 0-street credibility but they go out and act tough, until they see that their expensive toys & attitude are worthless against the real deal/if they have some difficulties.

You can only learn it the hard way! I'm glad I'm into entrepeneurship and not into "gangstership", failure doesn't mean death... :pompus:

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I think sometimes people need to get some real motivation and get out. I went to a car show and saw a dude who looked like he was 30 driving a million dollar Mclaren P1. When you see that, you get that stomach sinking feeling as if to say - I really need to get my a$$ moving.

It's sad to say, but seeing other people you envy whipping these cars infront of all of the spectators really fuels you to want to work for one of these. When you can see it in front of you and not just through a computer screen. It pieces it all together.

I used to go to car dealerships just to look at the exotics. While it made me realize just HOW FAR away I am (and I still am) it made me want to work my a$$ off to get this.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
749%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I think we should have awards for these types of things. I know its vain, but if people ask we will blame it on @TheTruth . I think the best one that I can remember was...

"Make me a millionaire and I will give most of it away to charity..."

"I will buy a Veyron and post the pictures" was another legendary example. A tire change on a Veyron costs $20K because it uses one-off compounds that have to be sourced from France. I wonder if the OP in that thread got hit with that bill out of the blue today, could he cover it? To use MJ's example, that's like step 50,000 rather than step 1.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Dude.

Go and read @IceCreamKids thread on how to serve others.

Then work out your mental muscles by coming up with 5 ideas a day.

If you find one that's interesting then do the Rapid Validation method to see if it's worth pursuing.

Or, pick an industry that you have some feeling for and do the Idea Extraction thing and see if you can identify a need, then fill that need.

I totally realize that I am a green n00b at business and entrepreneurship. Having said that it seems as if the vast majority of your posts involve asking someone to think for you.

Best of luck
Someone needs to make a pre-written reply to these posts.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I repeat...
She immediately got the point. Smart gal.
Had a client.... took over a business.... spent the first month painting and repainting their entire office to get it the right color....... they did not (NOT!) have walk in customers (was a manufacturing shop)...... they have not surpassed $26B in sales to say the least......

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
This is soooo good! I deal with this all the time. I know people who talk about spending more money on infrastructure to make sure their unlaunched, unproven website with 0 traffic, will scale once it goes viral.

rcdlopez

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Nov 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Thought of this thread this morning....

igVEGCK.jpg

Holy crap! As I was reading that post I thought to myself, "Did I write that shit?!?". But then I read Blu Cepheus Lamborghini, and sigh of relief came to me as I realized, I wasn't the one who wrote that shit. Phew!!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
So I walked. But I was this close to making a terrible, terrible decision that would have followed me years to come, just because I was convinced that I deserved a "reward" for my small amount of limited success.
Reading this makes me smile.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
I only clicked on this because I was 90% sure it would be one of MJ's threads.

What do you know.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Kak, I'll pull a quote out just for you. I know you'll like it...

Of course, the millenials here are the exception. The millenials I see working at In-and-Out Burger through the plate glass window are the exception. These youngsters have the huge advantage over the consensus.

You were correct! I love it!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Um...I prefer the Jaguar, but I already picked out the color a year ago. It's either the silver, blue, or black. Maybe I'll just have all three. I just did that during free time. lmao Kind of like recess inbetween working and studying.

Yes most people live out there in the past dwelling in the back story. Other people are dwelling in dream land. The only place to be is now! Create or co-create. I used to hate my mentor in 2010. She wouldn't let me say anything unless it was about creating something or co-creating something like art, writing, project, in the now. If it was anything about anyone else, or back story, it was like um...Where you at? Where should you be? Today after four years of this, I can tell you I understand everything she was trying to teach me. I listened and applied. Even if I didn't understand her method. Focus Focus Focus

I wasn't allowed to rant, complain, think about anything, or say anything but what was right in front of me. That's hard at first, but something important. :) Fortunately M.J. is being to easy. lol

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
@ddzc

I don't think "mooching" is a word commonly used in my vocabulary. The rest of that quote sounds about right. Where did I pioneer that? Lol was it one of the "someone screwed me over" threads?

I added that to it lol. This is the same guy who recently "wanted in" on my business ventures after telling him what I was up to. Typical sidewalker mentality.

It was that millionare fastlane changed my life gold thread, the copyright infringement stuff :)

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
No shit. In fact, I just had a mind blowing idea about a way that I can serve my target audience in a big way. I don't understand how people can't just think and listen to people and NOT come up with a ton of ideas to help them.

Tony Nguyen

Action is the foundational key to all success.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 21, 2014
No shit. In fact, I just had a mind blowing idea about a way that I can serve my target audience in a big way. I don't understand how people can't just think and listen to people and NOT come up with a ton of ideas to help them.
Because people don't care and are lazy.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao-Tzu

Start with step 1 and work your way up to that event, it's progress my friends.

"The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Better use the time effectively because your limited on time, stop masturbating to the event!! just focus on the progress and you'll get there, dwell in your past mistakes and you won't get anywhere.

You guys are thinking to small, what color + materials and precious metals should i put inside the Boeing 777 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_777 LOL!

Be water my friend
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
May 17, 2014
O..'.....
I've realized now by spending some time on this forum that i'm a huge wantrepreneur. I must change. I'm reading everything I can on this forum as well alot of books on startup/entrepreneurship. Need to stop mentally masturbating and get my shit together. Its easy for me to be idle & blame it on the fact that i'm only 18, but I bet i'll think the exact same shit when i'm 23. At the end of the day action is the only thing that matters. Thanks guys for helping me realize this. This forums a huge wake up call.
Have you read the book? You need to read it, like NOW. If you think this forum is a wake-up call, then the book is like having a cold fish b**** slap across your face wake-up call. The fact that you're here on this forum at your age is a great start, but having the ability to introspect and truly and honestly see where you're at compared to where you want to be is a one of the traits of entrepreneurship. Welcome to the Fastlane.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
just my contrarian yen:

Like Muhammad Ali once said, "It aint bragging if you can back it up". Success is elusive for many whether they got ferrari dreams or not. Generally speaking, there are no rules to success, just do you, and, the results will speak whether you are humble, or, arrogant.

Be well my friends.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
749%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Why? if you're too lazy to use the search tool, you're too lazy to take action on any real-life game plan.

Travis.I

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 11, 2014
Washington, US
I was thinking like this about a month ago. As in what car I was going to get, things like that. But I had to realize vehicles change year, and I i'll like something else. But that's not it. Instead of focusing on what car I will get, it's a waste of time, like you said, it could be months, years, or a decade or two before I achieve such level.

Twista

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Oct 13, 2013
Alabama
I'm not gonna lie, I am a wantrepreneur. I'm learning though, very painfully. Painful as in tears rolling down my cheeks and late nights. I'm learning and that's all that matters. I have learned so much from this forum and other entrepreneur sites, that I'm a way different person than last year. Still learning though...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.