The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What a bad start - my mind is a mess

Arya

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 20, 2014
Hi! How's everybody doing?
I am 16, from Bulgaria (hope you've heard of the country). I wanted my topic(s) to be about how I take action and inspire people but yet you get this. And I apologize in advance for the headache I'm going to put you through. Recently I discovered the fastline ideology and the part where I have to find a need to have a succesful business really blew up my mind (Thanks MJ for opening my eyes).It's not how my mind used to work. But I should get to my question: what happens now? Since summer break is almost over, I've figured I should wait until next summer to start a business, maybe following Dane Maxwell, or maybe with my own idea. If you are asking "high school's not that hard, why don't you start right now and stop using excuses?" My excuses are that there are other things I want to achieve this school year (building up confidence, changing my mindset, getting fit and learning something). But I don't know what that something is. At first I thought I should learn web development
But:
CONS: I don't have and idea, so I can't tell if what I'll learn will come in handy in the near future,
probably won't learn it good enough to build something good,.
But then should I start learning marketing and sales and start working next summer? Or should I just dive right in Dane Maxwell style and learn as I go?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Congrats for starting at an early. That will help you get ahead.

Check out some of the hustle threads. At your age, buying and selling things helps you with two key entrepreneur skills 1) identifying a need and 2) selling / negotiating. Take some money you have now and set a goal to build it up to X amount by December...... Y amount by March. Use these funds to start your fastlane venture as school winds down next spring.

The other thing to do is get on a regular schedule where you do something in each topic each day or at least once per week..... Topics: studies, exercise / training, eating / nutrition, networking with friends, sports, hustling, and sleep.

Hope that helps.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I guess I'll give you the advice I'd give my 16 year old self.

1) Stop worrying. School might be the only thing you've really done, but it's not everything.

2) Go the gym after school and lift some weights, at least 3 times a week. This will get you into the mindset of forging STRONG HABITS, which are necessary for success. If you are skinny, bulk up: lots of cheap meats, sandwiches, and milk (if you can drink it). If you are fat, cut down: eat fewer carbs, eat more vegetables and fruits, stop drinking sugary drinks, and do lots of cardio.

3) Hustle. I used to fix computers but I never did it in a way where I was making money every day. Start by making $20 every week, somehow that isn't illegal (I almost got into selling drugs when a buddy of mine wanted some morphine and I knew someone who would sell to me for less than he was willing to pay! I'm so glad I didn't do that). There are a few ways to hustle, like buying and selling (say, shoes or gadgets) or providing a service (fixing computers, mowing lawns, trimming hedges, shovelling snow).

4) Read "How To Win Friends And Influence People" and learn how to talk to people. Learn how to talk to and treat girls. Learn how to talk to people in positions of authority. Learn how to talk to your peers. And most importantly, learn how to talk to the people who are buying/will buy from you.

One of the guys on the forum did a thing where he simply said "Hello" to 10 strangers every day (he's also from Europe). If you want to build up confidence with girls (which was a big thing for me at 16, having never had a girlfriend before then), simply say "Hello" to 10 different girls every day. If you say hello to the same girl twice by accident some other day that's OK. Doesn't have to just be in school. Then, say more than just "Hello" to 10 people every day, try to have a conversation with them. Even if it's very short.

You're 16, you don't have much to worry about and you have lots of time to create a foundation for greatness. Good luck

Arya

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 20, 2014
Wow, thanks for replying! I've read your advice a couple of times to absorb it properly. Just one correction -I am a girl.
I won't be in the city for at least a month but after that I plan on going to the gym regularly. And people's skills is definitely something that I have to work on. Before, when I was more serious about it I used to ask for hugs or high-fives.
And I see your point about learning to hustle...But where should I start? I started reading RichKid's thread but I am confused how does he find so cheap items? And can I do it if I live in Bulgaria (can't use Ebay or Craiglist)? Are there any books on the subject?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Its great your starting early!

Theres a lot of things you can do at your age actually

1. Learn Programming - If you get awesome at software development its going to be a great life for you as you can code your own apps and run your own teams, if you cant program then dont worry theres lots of other angles to get into business.
2. Learn sales/markeing - If you cant program then learn this skill, maybe do some hustling like someone mentioned or get a job in sales if you can.

What do you think?

G

Guest24480

Before I even thought about starting, I fixed the other things in my life that needed fixing. It cleared my clouded mind and now I'm the best person I can possibly be as I start my business endeavors. You're really young, so I would advice building up confidence and getting fit until next summer when you have more free time to start looking into starting a business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...