The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Waves of motivation? Procrastination? What's happening here?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Luke.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jan 13, 2016
I'll quickly introduce myself. I'm 20 years old, soon to be 21. I live with my parents and have never had a job. I've always made money from eBay on the side and focused on my main career, whatever it may be. A few months ago it was my passion to play poker, and while this was actually going reasonably well, there is too many unforeseeable circumstances in poker that could affect me too much. Therefore, i quit poker at the end of November.

Roughly a month ago i read the fast lane millionaire. It literally took my 3 days to read, the fastest book read by far. I was hooked. I then decided to make a brainstorm and come up with several ideas, which lead me to coming up with an app i'd like to create. Although, i don't have too much capital to go and invest in someone to make the project for me. I've also discussed the idea with a few friends and they are all pretty amazed by the idea.

This brings me to now. I decided to write a timetable for me to stick to. gym at x hour, developing app and y hour etc spending say 6-8 hours a day trying to learn how to code. The first few days i stuck to it. In fact i was pretty impressed with how much i learnt the first few days.

Although now, it just all feels like it's fell through and i seem to slowly lose motivation and procrastinate that little bit more each day. Instead of working for the 90 minute session i've set, i'll work for say 50 minutes one day, then 40 minutes the next, then go on social media and other distractions in between sessions. I then think "Tomorrow will be different" although it's just not. Sometimes i do find learning to code a daunting task, but how do I just push through and stay focused? How do I make sure i get the 6, 7 or 8 hours of work i've planned to do without suddenly procrastinating or letting my mind wonder elsewhere? How do I stay consistent day in day out?

Just to add, here's a few things i do each day as a sort of ritual:
- Motivational video every morning
- Read my Why's? every morning
- Wake up at 7am
- Gym everyday

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon37434

Have you asked potential customers/users for feedback or just your friends?

An app can be immensely profitable but it's a highly saturated market. Be sure you have a unique value proposition and go from there.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Why do you keep quitting very early with whatever you do? A lack of purpose, because motivation only gets you so far.

But a reason beyond yourself gets you further.

Why do you want to succeed?

Start by reading this thread

Who are you gonna help along the way?

You say you go to the gym everyday. Congrats! It's a good start!

Understand what makes you go to gym everyday.

Is it for instant gratification or is it truly for you? Understand the certain things you do everyday consistently.

You just have to understand yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!