The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Want To Build Network of eCommerce Stores

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

eglassman88

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Feb 17, 2013
Hello All,

Newbie to the forum. I'm going to build some niche ecommerce stores. I'm very good with SEO / ranking sites (ex affiliate marketer) and building ecommerce sites. I also own about 5-7 domain names that are PERFECT for what I want to do. I ALMOST have it all down, but I'm having a tough time with the supplier part. In the past, I just found a manufacturer, called them up and asked who their distributors were (I'll be dropshipping in the beginning). This wasn't bad when I was working with one ecommerce store and a particular product, but when I'm trying to locate multiple ones, it becomes a bit more difficult lol. Can any suggest a "simpler" way of finding decent drop-shipping suppliers? I'm not asking you to do the work for me, just some suggestions of where I can start looking. Just an FYI, I'm not going to go out there and build all 7 stores at once. I plan on building one, ranking it decent in the SE's, running PPC campaigns, get some earnings coming in, and then moving to the next. Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to lay it all out there LOL.

Thanks In Advance!

Edward

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
You just said you had no problem when working with one site:

. This wasn't bad when I was working with one ecommerce store

Then you said you are just doing one at a time:

I plan on building one, ranking it decent in the SE's, running PPC campaigns, get some earnings coming in, and then moving to the next.

So what's the issue?

eglassman88

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Feb 17, 2013
Should've rephrased that I guess. I had knowledge in that industry and knew what I was looking for, so it's not so much the one site thing, but the fact that I don't know where to begin here. For ex: if I wanted to sell Spalding basketballs, I'd call Spalding, ask for their distributor info. and then go from there. Now say I want to sell forks, I'd have NO CLUE who manufactures forks. Just a little lost here.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I assume you are familiar with places like Alibaba.com for sourcing?

The majority of manufacturers there are in China and India, but there are also quite a few U.S. based ones and other countries - if that is important to you.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Check out alibaba, world wide brands, doba, theres another site that is good, its theme color is red but I am drawing a huge blank on the name

MNentre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Dec 11, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
See what brands your competitors are carrying. Odd's are they're not all carrying inventory and there is a dropshipper out there for the product. It's just a matter of calling around or ordering from your competitors site and tracking where the shipment was sent from via ups. It should be pretty easy to then just google "widget" from "city", etc.

eglassman88

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Feb 17, 2013
Thanks for all the great advice! Yes, I'm familiar with Alibaba. Usually the number of US manufacturers are limited, but it's worth a shot! Also, I like the idea of ordering a competitors product. I won't know for sure if they're dropshipping, but for less expensive products, it can't hurt to give it a go. As far as Doba, SaleHoo and WWB go, I've heard mixed things. Most of them not so good. I just can't justify spending a few hundred on a directory when I can find the same suppliers with a little bit of work.

Thanks Again!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Its not hard to find if you reverse engineer it dude. You should know how to do it if you had any success at affiliate marketing. It sounds like you are being lazy to be honest.

eglassman88

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Feb 17, 2013
Definitely not lazy, just having a hard time locating a supplier for one niche. I'd disclose it, but I'd rather get the site up and running first. I figured someone on the forums would have a unique way to find suppliers and I could try that route.

Its not hard to find if you reverse engineer it dude. You should know how to do it if you had any success at affiliate marketing. It sounds like you are being lazy to be honest.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
After you sign up for the sites I mentioned if you dont find value you can always cancel your membership and get a refund. How many hours are you going to spend searching for manufacturers with no luck? Is that many hours not worth some equivalent in money?

eglassman88

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Feb 17, 2013
I'm considering it, but if they're really that bad, why bother? If I literally can't find them on my own, maybe I'll signup for one of those sites.

After you sign up for the sites I mentioned if you dont find value you can always cancel your membership and get a refund. How many hours are you going to spend searching for manufacturers with no luck? Is that many hours not worth some equivalent in money?

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I'm considering it, but if they're really that bad, why bother? If I literally can't find them on my own, maybe I'll signup for one of those sites.

Ive used all of them, they arent that bad, it really wil depend a lot on your niche. Personally I think salehoo was the best, I also remember it being around $67.00 pretty sure that was for a year. I believe salehoo used clickbank so you have 90 days or whatever the limit is for getting a refund. Not knowing your niche I dont know if it will work for you but could be worth a shot

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.