The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vigilante's "Mind Your Business" Radio Show

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
What does that mean?

Sorry, like a skype call setup (http://scoop.intel.com/scoop/files/2011/10/image5-live-skype-video-call-288x300.png) showing the presenter and the interviewer, on video instead of just an audio call. I feel it engages the audience more and keeps them more gauged, for me anyway...just a preference. One of these on your end would look cool if you did the video - http://mcnally.cc/how/how01.jpg

The content is fantastic though, loving the shows.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Great show with real content and without the upsell.I have recommended it to many on all continents. Congrats to all involved.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If you are looking for something to do tonight after you watch Shark Tank,

You can catch the Mind Your Business podcast with the Fast Lane's @Likwid24 on the paint brush cover here :
http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/m...siness/mind-your-business-episode-1-25469865/

If you want to hear our interview with Fast Lane founder @MJ DeMarco , stream it here :
http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/m...siness/mind-your-business-episode-2-25508392/

Last weekend, we talked with @StephenKey about how to convert one simple idea to cash here:
http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/m...ss/mind-your-business-3-stephen-key-25538287/

And tomorrow, at 12PM central time, we'll be talking about separating time from income with Amazon.com spokesman Erik Fairleigh: http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/media/podcast-mind-your-business-mindyourbusiness/

Listen to the podcast tomorrow to hear an announcement about the guest that will join us on 11/22. We're trying to exceed your expectations every week, and our guest for Saturday 11/22 should be no exception. Catch the announcement tomorrow during the show.

Quit your job. Start your life.™ Mind Your Business, Saturdays on Twin Cities News Talk.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Great show with real content and without the upsell.I have recommended it to many on all continents. Congrats to all involved.

The only thing we're selling is freedom, and the only thing it costs you is some time. Invest in yourself. Thanks for your comments and for listening. Tomorrow's show should be epic. Although we're talking with Amazon in the US, he also talks about selling internationally with Amazon.com's international sites.

evlttwin

It's A Long Way To The Top....
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Feb 13, 2013
Southern California
56ce33e3029ed3234d930f7459a3c189.jpg

Finally!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Is that iTunes or what is that?

evlttwin

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Feb 13, 2013
Southern California

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
One small step for Android. We're still working on the damn iTunes feed.

I was telling Rachel yesterday that technology adaption is a bell shaped curve. Everyone falls off at some point.

I may be rounding the corner on the way down the back side of the bell.

However, this didn't keep me from taking your news (and your image) about BeyondPod and reposting it to http://www.facebook.com/mybusinesslive

evlttwin

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Feb 13, 2013
Southern California
One small step for Android. We're still working on the damn iTunes feed.

I was telling Rachel yesterday that technology adaption is a bell shaped curve. Everyone falls off at some point.

I may be rounding the corner on the way down the back side of the bell.

However, this didn't keep me from taking your news (and your image) about BeyondPod and reposting it to http://www.facebook.com/mybusinesslive

Just make sure you are on all of these:

http://www.androidcentral.com/top-5-best-podcast-apps-android

Maybe someone else can advise on the Apple side of it. I gave up on them years ago when they refused to make a bigger screen.

Last edited:

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Thanks for the post, @evlttwin! I was finally able to find the RSS feed by searching (I use Podcast Addict on Android). And @Vigilante, that app uses the itunes search engine to find things, FYI.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
I am greatly Appreciative of what you Vigilante And Racheal Are sharing. I'm A quick study when I find the time to dig in. Ty Again!

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Just incase you aren't aware.. when I click play on your podcast for this week, it plays Beercast episode 5.
Yep, BeerCast. LOL

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
The only thing we're selling is freedom, and the only thing it costs you is some time. Invest in yourself. Thanks for your comments and for listening. Tomorrow's show should be epic. Although we're talking with Amazon in the US, he also talks about selling internationally with Amazon.com's international sites.
Looking forward to it. Thanks for the "100". Must go window shopping.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
You know what I find most fascinating about this whole venture? You announced it only 33 days ago........

Since then you have 1506 likes... Higher than average engagement and shares....Multiple listening platforms established...4 episodes with more consistently on the way....

Take notes folks...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Huge guest next Saturday - "Griff" from eBay. He's a legend.

We asked eBay if he wanted to do a call before the show and they said he didn't need one. :)

http://pages.ebay.com/griff/

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
Really enjoyed today's show, had to message a few friends Flynn’s definition of passive income, to get it through their heads that data entry and other work from home for someone ELSE is NOT passive, quite active, as you said, not to mention the control aspect there…

Definitely good all around info about Amazon I learned. I knew they had high customer loyalty, and I have a good idea of how they operate from various transactions I’ve been involved in, but I learned a lot from getting a more detailed look into the systems they have in place. They can be a HUGE help in scaling a business without incurring the proportionate expansion costs.

Two big things with shipping I found really cool was, as mentioned, the integrated shipping labels, but to me, for some reason, I find it absolutely fascinating that you can take orders from your own site, forward them to Amazon, and have them take care of that for you, even if the transaction wasn’t through them originally.

Also, no fees strictly for listings (without sales) and access to their (massive) traffic that would be costly to get on your own are other good selling points (no pun intended) on why using them as your sales platform can be really beneficial to you. Good note that you don't need your own site to sell through Amazon, but that it does help, as I've learned from guys like Ryan Deiss that @JasonR has pointed towards. Higher conversion rates and sales pages through your own website only taking those who really want to buy to your Amazon page, which gives you higher rankings with a lower bounce rate.

I have a hard time not putting down all the insights I had, because there is a lot of very implementable content on the show, which is really shifting my attention from the other "summer" plans I had for myself. I’m convinced on the merits of Amazon over a certain other platform, but I’ll have to re-evaluate after next week’s show.
Looking forward to it! (also, as Timmy said, I really appreciate the rep as well, I look like I'm adding more value than I probably am...;)).

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Counting down to the big Mind Your Business show on Saturday 11/22 with eBay spokesman "Griff,"... we are going to be sharing a ton of ebay-centric statistics on our Twitter page starting Monday. We're not going to repeat them here so we don't spam the Fast Lane Forum... so if you want to participate in the eBay discussion, follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/MYbusinessLive

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Excellent show this week. I've downloaded it and I'm going to let my teenager listen to it. He's warily interested in trying Amazon based selling, so we'll see what he thinks.

One suggestion: before the Amazon rep came on, perhaps you could have had a breakdown for the audience about what Amazon does and the different flavors. If you have listeners who are FLF members, then they're probably thinking, whaaaaat???! You can do that? Then when the Amazon guy came on, it would have reinforced the earlier lesson and filled in gaps.

Cheers!

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
I need a favor: If you have listened to the show and like it, please leave us a positive review on iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/mind-your-business/id936746920?mt=2

Yay! I'm so glad this is on ITunes. I was feeling deprived! I just left a review on ITunes too, which may take a few hours to show up.

Hey, on that note...If you have a couple minutes, and have enjoyed the podcast, please consider leaving a review. I know from experience that even a review of one or two sentences can make a HUGE difference. They add up. They give it credibility. I had no idea how important they were until I needed them myself, but now I do. If you've gotten any value from this or other threads, it would be a great way to return the favor. :)

Travis Phipps

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Apr 17, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Hey @Vigilante - I'm relatively new to the forum, but have been more active as of late. I've really enjoyed your posts (especially your intro thread...super cool). I am going to attend the meetup in February, so I'm certain we'll get a chance to meet then.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the show, I've listened to the first 2 episodes (well, the first episode and the episode with MJ on it). Your show is right up my alley, and your daughter does an outstanding job of keeping the show on task, organized, and fun to listen to.

Here is some housekeeping feedback: I wanted to listen "live" on Saturday, but couldn't find an easy way to do that. I went to the facebook page, the twin cities page, and the "mind your business" site. When I finally found the correct place (I thought...at noon CST there was a different show on).

Also, I listen to all of my podcasts on Stitcher. I searched for your show on there and didn't see it. It is really easy to apply (and get approved) for Stitcher. Just food for thought, anything to increase your listenership (is that a word?).

A little advice for people on the forum. I gave up the radio about a year ago, and instead listen to business podcasts anytime I'm in the car, cleaning the pool, grocery shopping, etc. Basically, any place I can't read my kindle. There is a ton of great FREE content out there (including @Vigilante's radio show). I see it as just another way to educate yourself when "normal people" are wasting valuable time listening to what "the man" wants them to.

Keep up the good work. I'll keep listening if you keep putting the shows out!

Thanks,

T

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I need a favor:

If you have listened to the show and like it, please leave us a positive review on iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/mind-your-business/id936746920?mt=2

I saw the negative review on there. I really hope it isn't some chicken shit on the forum who decided to bash you on iTunes, but is too big of a wuss to say something here. Who goes out of their way to bash free content? Seriously.

I think this show is awesome. Keep up the good work my friend. It is excellent to see it on the iTunes podcaster. Much better than that iheart player.

Last edited:

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
I'm betting the Podcast has a lot more good reviews that haven't shown up yet. I know my review hasn't. I did some quick research, and apparently, it can sometimes take a couple of days.

(I tried resubmitting mine, and it won't let me, because I've already reviewed it. So this seems a good indicator that reviews are pending. Maybe a whole bunch of new reviews will show up at once.)

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
@Vigilante thanks for this podcast.

I've listened to all of the episodes today and have to say that you and Rachel are doing a brilliant job.

Please keep going with this. I've left a positive review on iTunes.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
One of the most interesting things I learned from talking with the eBay executives this week that I never considered before...

eBay. Doesn't. Compete. With. Their. Sellers.

They don't sell anything. The simply facilitate transactions. You don't ever have to worry about eBay knocking you off.

Also, Rachel and I had a quick debate discussion on the pros and cons of opening a brick and mortar store.

The full interview with eBay spokesman Jim "Griff" Griffith will be streamable on Saturday at 12PM noon central time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.