The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Uncomfortably pushing myself to make first dollar on internet. (Internet Marketing)

Marketing, social media, advertising

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
Whats shizzeling ?

What have I accomplished ?
Did few keywords research.
chose 10 keywords with different criteria. (not all keywords seem super easy, but still want to test if I can rank for it.)
Read few more blogs on content strategy
Improved my content strategy.
Did a little research for my content.

Obstacle
Did not accomplished as much as I could, well some girl decided to come over and the rest is history, guess my dick got the better of me this time. Ate some unhealthy food which made me lose little bit of focus. but got myself back on track.

What did I learn (general)
I really have to focus and realize how lucky I really am. I mean, I work only 2-4 days a week, which gives me a lot of time to work on internet market and my work place is only 7 minutes away. I have enough money to live comfortably, small appartment and , enough money to eat healthy foods.
I have to set some boundaries and put the pressure on MYSELF. because pressure is inevitable, If I don't put the pressure on myself now, sooner or later I am going to fall off the path and put myself in a place where I can't come back easily then I will be in the situation I have to deal with stress and even more pressure. Change is not usually a choice, it is forced by the nature on species. If the snake have a leg, then it may not go through the process of evolving itself into having a venomous bite. it is only because that snake lack the muscle strength that it has such a venomous bite.
main point is that we have to put the pressure on ourself. other than ourself nobody really give a F*ck whether we actually achieve our dream or not.

New Rule
I am going to cut all the bullshit slowly man, from now on I will be working hard, relaxing(spiritually not watching some movie) or having an awesome fun that is worth my time other than that, everything else I am going to cut it out. I am more focused that I used to be But I am going to be even more laser focus now.
Spend half of my life being lazy F*ck so I in order to be laser focused I really have to change almost everything about myself coz I am correcting the mistake of decades, its gonna take a time but I will be there. No rush.

To do list
do some research.
write 10 articles total.
The rest I will decide later.

Reminder of the week.
Cut the bullshit, bullshit food, bullshit TV show, bullshit behavior, bullshit habits, bullshit people. Slowly but surely.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
Hi guys
Nothing special to say this week.
Finished the keywords research.
Read few blogs about article outsourcing.
Wrote four article.
Outsource 3 article

Obstacle
Well nothing special, just as usual I have to stay focus and put the pressure on myself.

Well I have one bad habit, when I am stressed I try to push myself too hard to overcome the problem, sometimes it might be the right solution, but most of the time the right thing to do is relax, let your mind calm down and then make a clear decision.

To do list
I have less free time next week, will be working five days a week, so won't be able to accomplished just as much.
Write three more article
Edit all the article.
Think of a good title.

Reminder of the week.
Relax, even if you feel like moving slow, keep on working. you can only steer your ship if it is moving.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
You got a job. Good. You're progressing.

There's a few things I'd concentrate on when building your content base.

1) Quality content. Learn how to write a piece of content better than what's currently being written in your niche. That means practice English writing, practice researching.

2) Getting attention. Learn how to write a GOOD HEADLINE, like "New Faucet by Mennen Promises To Cut Down Water Bill By 20%... and We Put It to the Test!" or "$49 Watch by Timex Makes Any Outfit Look GQ-Ready... or Does It? See Pictures Here!"

3) Calls to Action. If you're building an affiliate site, that means you won't make money unless someone buys what you have. You need to drive them to BUY, with a convincing offer, scarcity (Only 6 Left Available) a guarantee (Amazon will give you your money back if you don't like it) and a reason to act (Don't miss out on these benefits that I outlined before).

Outsourcing content when you don't know what to look for is a big mistake, because you're probably looking for the lowest price or the most years of experience. Those things don't tell the whole story.

My challenge to you is to write 7 articles every week. You wrote 4, now you need to write 7. Focus less on the SEO stuff for now and focus more on generating good content that people want to read.

Send me some of your stuff, too. I've been writing for money for 3 years, and I think I can help you improve.

P.S. I can tell your English is getting better. Good stuff.

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
You got a job. Good. You're progressing.

There's a few things I'd concentrate on when building your content base.

1) Quality content. Learn how to write a piece of content better than what's currently being written in your niche. That means practice English writing, practice researching.

2) Getting attention. Learn how to write a GOOD HEADLINE, like "New Faucet by Mennen Promises To Cut Down Water Bill By 20%... and We Put It to the Test!" or "$49 Watch by Timex Makes Any Outfit Look GQ-Ready... or Does It? See Pictures Here!"

3) Calls to Action. If you're building an affiliate site, that means you won't make money unless someone buys what you have. You need to drive them to BUY, with a convincing offer, scarcity (Only 6 Left Available) a guarantee (Amazon will give you your money back if you don't like it) and a reason to act (Don't miss out on these benefits that I outlined before).

Outsourcing content when you don't know what to look for is a big mistake, because you're probably looking for the lowest price or the most years of experience. Those things don't tell the whole story.

My challenge to you is to write 7 articles every week. You wrote 4, now you need to write 7. Focus less on the SEO stuff for now and focus more on generating good content that people want to read.

Send me some of your stuff, too. I've been writing for money for 3 years, and I think I can help you improve.

P.S. I can tell your English is getting better. Good stuff.

Man these are some really great advice, thanks a lot.
Yeh I know that outsourcing is not the best idea, but I wanted to get the first 15 article done so I can practice my newbie link building skill.
But when I outsource, I clearly explain them what I want on my content and what kind of structure it should have etc...

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
I have less free time next week, will be working five days a week, so won't be able to accomplished just as much.

This doesn't need to be true. By saying this you are only blocking yourself. I read 3 books, wrote all the important stuff down, found around 50 different ideas, did a research on them and read a ton of stuff on the Internet about online business and business in general in the last 6 days. And I worked 4 days of those 6.

"The only limit is the one you set yourself."

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
Well long time since I last update it.
Got my 10 article done
Transfer my site to my own hosting.
Read few things about copy writting.
Obstacle
I am always becoming stronger and more focus, but facing a dissapointment is inevitable I guess, I got little bit stress out previouse week, more stressed than usual, felt little depressed, but I got myself back up and get few things done.
Chain of negative things, one bad things leads to another. It is the small habits like waking up on time and eating your vegetable that makes the great difference.
The most important lesseon that I have learned this week is about motivation.
I always felt that for me to stay motivated, certain things have to happen like eating healthy, meditation, exercising, not watching stupid show. In one way it is good thing, that way you keep your good habits.
But it has also it's own negative effect, because once I eat some unhealthy shit, I felt like my whole day is ruined and that is not a good mindset.
I guess I was mentally not strong enough so I try to compensate my lack of mental strengh with these habits.
But now I am more sure about what I want and what I have to sacrifice, my intent and purpose are stronger. I still have the same good habits but for an entire different reason. If something don't go my way or I f*cked up, I will just accept it and move forwards. if my day did not went as planned and now I have only 1 hour left to do something productive, I will forgive myself and I will use that one hour.
Punishing yourself for bad behavior is overrated, your parents, friends, collgue and people you don't even know are shitting on you so no reason to shit on yourself.
I don't have to meditate or eat good to stay motivated, I should be motvated in the first place. My existence should be my motivation.
To do list
I have been writting and just doing stuff for a while, I thought now it is a good time to start learning something. I decided to read three books before making the next decition.
The books are:
Dan s kenndey : the ultimate sales letter. (I already wrote the article, but I think this book will help me create an awesome headline for my article)
The amzon related ebook + video WSO.
If I still have time then I will do some SEO work.
Reminder of the week.
Superstition and Ritual are another word for fear, manifested in a different way. : cornor mcgregor. UFC.
take your time to sharpen your sword, you will save more time in a long run : seven habits of highly effective people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.