The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Uncomfortably pushing myself to make first dollar on internet. (Internet Marketing)

Marketing, social media, advertising

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
Introduction
Sex :male
living in: Europe(Belgium)
Originally from: Tibet.

I want to start this journey by saying that: "I have never been more motivated in my Life."
Those of you who have already experience success or someone like me will understand this.

There is you and there is your dream, at the starting stage of your journey, you get all hyped up, excited about this dream but when you start working on it, you get tired, you give up, you skip the day, you fall back into a bad habits. you will always come back but only to be disappoint again. But as you give more and more attention to you dream, treat it as your own child, love and cherish it. Just like a child, it grows and become bigger and bigger, day by day. Before you know it, its bigger than you. (plant feed on water, your dream or the thoughts of your dream feed on your attention, it grows bigger only by giving it more attention.) this is the stage where I am right now. Right now My dream is so big that it is bigger than me.

What does it mean ? it means before when I feel disappointed, tired or unhappy I stop, but now I don't because this dream is bigger than me and me being tired and disappointed does not mean a shit, its just a small thing compare to my dream, all this being said I still feel disappointed sometime, but the difference is that I recover quickly, get back into my zone easily, less negative energy. becoming more and more adapt to this lifestyle.

What is my goal and the plan ?
Short term goal: Financial freedom, so I can focus on my passion without worrying about money.
Long term goal/dream: make full income out of my passion. become a happier person (short term goal also)

Plan: make money through internet marketing, my method is to create content related to amazon product and promote amazon product on the site.

Why I started this journey ?
I used to view this kind of thing as a waste of time. I was a amateur back then and still am today but less.
The reason I start this journey is not so different from anyone else.
If you are loser as a person, there is a big chance that people around you are also losers, just like you. I choose not to judge them as a less than me, just that they are simply too far away from the path I have chosen to walk.
If you want to be a winner in a place that is surrounded by a losers, its very difficult, doable but difficult.
and that is why I am here. Hoping to meet some winner or atleast some like minded people.

The second reason is we always tend to work hard but not smart, we forget the importance of reflecting.
"it is easy to think what we are doing is great when we are so involve in what we are doing"

What do I seek ?
A mentor and a like minded people. (will start a different thread on this one with detail)

When will I update this thread.
minimum twice a week.

Thank you for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
  • My plan is to l create a site about things that are kind of weird and creative. for example: banana night light (basically a lamp shape like banana but it looks cool and cozy) I will write a review or list top ten item etc.....
  • Time
    • I live in a great country called Belgium, currently working only two days a week and sometimes I don't work a whole week. but have enough money to eat and use internet thanks to government support.
  • Money
    • already have domain, using the hosting of my friend. I already bought long tail pro.(better than UNF)
    • I can invest a 50$/month on site if I must (but I prefer not to, I want to learn as much as possible, secondly if I have to save 50$/month, I kind of have to eat cheaply and unhealthy stuff bad for brain and body.)
  • Keywords
    • Main keywords : 6600/monthly seach
    • CPC: 0.35
    • Other Keywords: 200-1500/monthly seach
    • Keywords difficulty : sem rush(69.27) but top 3 sites have less than 30 page authority and but they target the keywords nicely in their URL and Title but I can do the too.
  • Traffic
    • Since its my first site I am planning to bring traffic from social network and search engine. I want to learn about every traffic source. learning is number one priorities for me now.
  • Competition
    • their site is beautifully design, but on some part, I think I can do better than them like they did not use amazon button, people trust amazon so I think its better use amazon button than just buy button. on social media, their site does not bring much traffic from social network, I will try to do it.
  • Extra thought
    • I already kind of feel like I choose the wrong niche, its specific niche but not specific enough and one guy who is experienced in IM also told me the same, but he suggest that I should still try it. since its my first serious site. I want to see how it goes and also you never know until you try it. I want to succeed and I am planning on doing that but I am also expecting few failure on my way. (things does not hurt as much when you are expecting it)
  • what have I already done
    • site is up
    • design is not perfect, but I will improve it
    • wrote the main article, little unsure about it
  • To do list.
    • looking for mastermind group to join. (many people recommend it but going to be little difficult for me since I am just a beginner.)
    • Learn about content creation and eventually create some content.
  • I am curious to know what you think, how can I improve this journey thanks.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Welcome!
Your plan kinda sucks. Read around here a bit first before you waste your time with that.

Hint: you should sell your own product on amazon, not build a site to promote someone else's. Just an example.

Have you read MJ's book? If not, do that. You will understand my point after that.

Also, living on government support isnt something you should be thankful for. Thats an absolute last resort, unless you are a leech. You wont get anywhere with an "investment" of 50€/month. So, get a job.

Tough love my friend. :)

Oh and heres a quote to cheer you up about all the motivation/depression stuff:

"Of course he’s not happy. Nobody’s happy in this town except for the losers. Look at me. I’m miserable. That’s why I’m rich." --Ari Gold

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I live in a great country called Belgium, currently working only two days a week and sometimes I don't work a whole week. but have enough money to eat and use internet thanks to government support.
Also, living on government support isnt something you should be thankful for. Thats an absolute last resort, unless you are a leech. You wont get anywhere with an "investment" of 50€/month. So, get a job.

"I choose not to be a common man.

It is my right to be uncommon—if I can.

I seek opportunity—not security. I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled and dulled by having the state look after me.

I want to take the calculated risk; to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed.

I refuse to barter incentive for a dole. I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence; the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of utopia.

I will not trade freedom for beneficence nor my dignity for a handout. I will never cower before any master nor bend to any threat.

It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and unafraid; to think and act for myself, enjoy the benefit of my creations and to face the world boldly and say, “This I have done.”

Dean Alfange

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
Welcome!

Your plan kinda sucks. Read around here a bit first before you waste your time with that.

Hint: you should sell your own product on amazon, not build a site to promote someone else's. Just an example.

Have you read MJ's book? If not, do that. You will understand my point after that.

Tough love my friend. :)

Oh and heres a quote to cheer you up about all the motivation/depression stuff:

"Of course he’s not happy. Nobody’s happy in this town except for the losers. Look at me. I’m miserable. That’s why I’m rich." --Ari Gold

thanks for taking your time to response, and I have read fastlane millionaire. I know all the stuff about investing in yourself and etc. I thought about building a product base on my passions and selling it online, but I realize that I don't have enough knowledge to sell it to someone else. I don't want to sell some half-baked product, I want to make money and want to be able to live with myself. I made this decision by thinking all these things through.

I am thankful for the government money, why shouldn't I be. as long as I don't see it as just free money, I see it as an opportunity to work on myself and there is no reason to make yourself feel guilty about free money, as long as you are using it correctly. road to success is already hard when you are starting, why make it more difficult by making yourself unhappy, it is what it is. plus I am looking for a job. for example I have job today from 12- 6 and next week, I get to work three days. its just temporary job but better than nothing.

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
"I choose not to be a common man.

It is my right to be uncommon—if I can.

I seek opportunity—not security. I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled and dulled by having the state look after me.

I want to take the calculated risk; to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed.

I refuse to barter incentive for a dole. I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence; the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of utopia.

I will not trade freedom for beneficence nor my dignity for a handout. I will never cower before any master nor bend to any threat.

It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and unafraid; to think and act for myself, enjoy the benefit of my creations and to face the world boldly and say, “This I have done.”

Dean Alfange
Thank you very much for your response.
very poetic and interesting. but i am not Dean Alfange.
I don't know who he is. I am just a piece of shit surrounded by other piece shit and trying my best to get out of this shit hole. I spend half of my life in a third world, I am simply using whatever resource I have. that being said, know that I am not holding my past responsible for my present and future.

and don't worry I know the type of guy who take advantage of free money, and do useless shit. but I am not one, I know it because I used to be one.

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
Why are you calling Belgium a shithole? Your parents probably busted their asses to get you there.
You live in a land of opportunity, seize it.

I am not calling the country(belgium) a shithole, I am very thank full that I am in this country. when I said shit hole, I meant that as my mental state, if you read my whole post before responding you would have understand better, I got lots of negative thought and surrounded by lots of lazy people. so I felt like I am in a shit hole sometimes. atleast that is how I felt about myself when I was responding to that post.

all these aside, thanks for taking your time to respond.

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
  • Hey guys, whats up? Anyway lets get to the point. these past few days are not the most productive day of my life but no big deal shit happens.
  • What did I do ?
    • I went through internet to read a few things about content creating, found many different resources, I read like ten of them and made some summary, and I check my main article (around 2000 words) that I have written before and made some improvement and then also wrote one more article for one of my secondary keywords and after I was done with that, I already choose product from amazon for my other secondary keywords. To be honest, I was hoping to accomplish a lot more than that but couldn't, my friends came over, they call me to come work, which is a good thing but it also mean a less time to work on internet-marketing.
  • Obstacle
    • Unable to stay focus around opposite influence: I choose not to see my friends as a loser who don't do shit, although some part of my ego feels that way and I used to be lazy like that before, I still am sometime. I prefer to see them as simply someone who is on a different path. Anyway as I go through my usual days of working on internet marketing stuff, my friends suddenly call me and saying that he is coming over to my city. Being the guy that I am, I couldn't refuse. I don't have much of a family so they mean a lot to me. Once they came, all my habits to eat healthy and stay focus are flushed down the toilet including, meditation, reading... I guess, My habits are not that firm yet and that is why it is easily affected by outer influence. I felt like shit for a while but I still manage to meditate, get little bit internet-marketing work done, went to work on time.. For that I am proud.
    • Success barrier: when I start writing content for my second primary keyword. I felt like, I couldn't do it and I went back to read more on content creation. I felt like my plan suck and I have to restart the whole thing. then I realize that its just my ego is afraid to get hurt. how can I have success if I am afraid of failure.
  • What did I learn?
    • A lot, when you face an obstacle you learn more. I learn that obstacle are unavoidable and we all slow down once in a while, but remember to move forward even if it is just a small step. When I felt like shit, the first thing I did was, blame my friend. "Those piece of shit are always on my way" yes these exact words went through my head. The second thing I did is, remove My Ego from the situation and ask question to myself, what really happen? what really happen is some change occur and my brain was unable to handle it, that's why I went back to my old habit, being butt hurt and complaining is not going to make me any happier or more productive, all I can do is be ready for it the next time.

• Speed of recovery : everyone fall down, and feel disappoint, but the different is the speed of recovery. People who are really successful, when they face a minor failure they recover in a matter of second, its almost like, it didn't even happened. Less time spend on the victim mentality = more time spend on the solution. Next time I will recover faster and waste less time. failure is not a choice but not giving up and starting again is a choice.
  • What is my solution to these kind of problem?
    • I already blocked a lots of number on my phone, but Now I blocked all the number on my phone, except for some which are work related, and Next time If My friends happen come over the first thing I am going to do is be mentally prepare, make myself realize that I have to be more focus than usual. I will have a little fun time with them since they came from far to see me after that I am just going to cook myself something to eat and spend my day at the library. Since I live near the sea and it is almost summer, I bet lots of them are going to visit me.

• I am going to face many failure and I am ready for it. I might slow down, but I will never stop, beside the reason failure hurt our ego so much is because we make a big deal out of eat. if we see it as a process then its not so bad. If success is a pie. failure is an egg. I know its a very bad example what I am trying to say is, if success is a food then failure is one of the most important ingredient, its impossible to cook success without failure.
  • Thanks for reading my shitty journey.
  • Now give me your two cent.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
My two cents are F*ck your friends man. Only hang out with people who will push you to a new level, to a different standard.

"You're the average of the five people you spend the most time with." is an old adage but it's forever true.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
For internet marketing, specifically Paid traffic, you need cash. $50/month is not going to get you anywhere.
You'll be the same place you are 3 years from now with that kind of spend.

Having come from where you are and now run a IM company, Here are the steps:

1.Get a job, do what you have to do, hustle like your life depends on it (because it does) and put together a few grand. 3000-4000.
2. Find people doing it already! This is huge. Like the @TheKing said, you need the right people around you and it'll make it a million times easier.
3. Find out the courses they recommend and inhale them. Read, practice.
4. Launch campaigns like crazy. Eat noodles for months if you have to. Pick a traffic source, learn everything about it, and Spend all your money trying to sell stuff online.

No launch = no learning. Learning = skill. Skill = money for life.

Focus on developing the skill, not fly-by-the-night money.
Do all that and you can hit x,xxx/day profit within 1-2 years.

Let me know if you want some courses, I have a bunch I can send you.

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
For internet marketing, specifically Paid traffic, you need cash. $50/month is not going to get you anywhere.
You'll be the same place you are 3 years from now with that kind of spend.

Having come from where you are and now run a IM company, Here are the steps:

1.Get a job, do what you have to do, hustle like your life depends on it (because it does) and put together a few grand. 3000-4000.
2. Find people doing it already! This is huge. Like the @TheKing said, you need the right people around you and it'll make it a million times easier.
3. Find out the courses they recommend and inhale them. Read, practice.
4. Launch campaigns like crazy. Eat noodles for months if you have to. Pick a traffic source, learn everything about it, and Spend all your money trying to sell stuff online.

No launch = no learning. Learning = skill. Skill = money for life.

Focus on developing the skill, not fly-by-the-night money.
Do all that and you can hit x,xxx/day profit within 1-2 years.

Let me know if you want some courses, I have a bunch I can send you.
though we have different approach on life. I really appreciate your advice.
I am working part time and since I am working good, they are going to give me more hours. we will see how it goes from there.

Can you give me some insight on mastermind group.
I try to join some mastermind group but they all don't want newbie in there mastermind group, which I completely understand.
any suggestion ?
and I would also appreciate if you can send me some course.

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
whats up fellows, Its about time I update this journal.
Just like usual I divide my journal in three different session, What have I accomplished, obstacle, what did I learn, and my plan for next week.

What have I accomplished ?
I finished writing 4 more articles. (now I have total of 6 articles, one for main keyword and 5 for secondary keywords).
Installed few plugins for Seo in wordpress.
Grammar check my articles (I check it first with ginger and then with grammarly, I use both free version.)
I read few web blogs about using the keywords correctly on page.
I add few extra words to my article so I can repeat my keywords few times in article, I try my best to do it naturally, I repeat my main keywords 6 times through out the article(+2000 words)

Obstacle
I did not really face any big challenges these week, just like usual, I felt little tired, little bored, little disappointed but none of them even came close making me feel like giving up. I know I will face more challenge and I will be ready.
I will move forward and I might take a step back, but only because then I can move forwards with more strength, just like a tiger take a few step back before he is about to strike his prey.

What did I learn ?
I learn a lot this week.
I did not finish all the task as fast as I had imagined but this is ok, it should be that way because I am learning it for the first time.
Before to me writing an article was just typing few words and sentences, but now I realize that it is way more than that. I have to choose the right title, use keywords correctly, provide value etc. I know that I still made a lots of mistake, but I will correct and improve as I go through this journey.

Second important thing I learn is, whenever we try to learn something new, our mind started to come with lots of excuses and negative thoughts, during those time it is better to stop for a while and put your mind into the right state and then go back to work.
Everything is created twice, mentally and physically. If you have created something ugly mentally then the finished product(physical product) is going to be just as ugly. whatever you focus on, it expand.

I also learn that watching your favorite show is not same as giving your brain a break, before when I am tired, I go to youtube or some other site to watch some videos. Apparently this is not a good thing, first of all, you waste your time, second when you are watching something, you brain keep functioning so it does not get the rest as you had imagined.

So I stop watching unproductive things, in my case it would be anime, comedy, funny vidoes etc. I might set one special day a week for few hours just to watch my favorite show and etc. Before I like to watch some show while eating I felt like at least that way I won't waste much of a time but I was wrong. Now when I eat, I just listen to some podscast about self-development or internet marketing or I will simply sit down and eat my meal quietly which seems really weird but that is how it used to be before tv exist.

Anyway what I am trying to say is that if you think you are giving your mind a break by watching something entertaining stuff then you are wrong, just sitting quietly and being present to the moment will.

Hope I did not make it too long, Since I update it only once or twice a week I want it to be something of value to me or others.

My plan for next week.
  • Choose a right structure for my first post.
  • release my first post.
  • Set up my mastermind group, got like five people (some people advice me that mastermind might not be useful for some newbie like me but I would like to give it a try.
  • after that I am not sure what I am going to do, because now I have done most of the practical stuff and the rest is more SEO related, I might have to read a little so I can take the right action.
I might be able to do less things this week, because my friend ask me to go with him to some wedding, I try my best to not waste my time, but this is for a good friend and he rarely ask me for anything so I choose to go, I also work for four days next week, normally I work only two days.

It will be a slow week but it will be productive.

Have a Nice day.

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
Sup suckers

I set up my site my site correctly, few works to do like adding buy button etc.
I read few blogs about different social media, and which one is most suitable for my site etc.
downloaded few plugins for SEO, learned few things about onpage SEO.
I edit my pics for the article, got like 21 of them.
created few social profile and optimize them little bit for SEO (will work further on this for future)

Obstacle
Though I did not gave up, I lost my cool few times this week, felt little stress out, will manage it better next.
The reason for this is because I underestimate the task that I have to accomplished and I overestimate my ability, I slack off little bit but I was definitely not lazy. I kind of forget that I am just a NOOB and everything will go slower than normal.

What did I learn ?
Getting stress out, being angry, hurrying does not mean you will finished your task faster or better though it feel that way sometimes.
I have to calm the F*ck down and say to myself, I am just a NOOB, patience patience and patience.
Relax, Breathe and walk on, slow down but don't stop.
Its easy to feel disappoint, I have to focus on the process, result will come after anyway.

and that is why this journal is great because it gives me little time to sit back and reflect.

My plan for next week.
I don't want to plan too much shit this time, coz I don't know how long it is going to take for me to finish a task since I am doing it for the first time, for example today I was trying to add a button next to my text, because I lack knowledge in css It took a long time, way longer than I though which piss me off. Someone with good knowledge in css could have done it in a minute.
This week I will accomplished little less than last week coz I work 1 day more than usual.
-Release my main article,
-optimize page for SEO (with the help of plugins)
-register site to google analytic, google webmaster etc.
-will decide further later on.

Reminder for next week.
CALM THE F*ck DOWN, REALIZE THAT YOU ARE ON THE LEARNING PROCESS. PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE.

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
I just have one simple question to ask and that what value are you creating and why will people want to give you their money?
I made a list of products that are cool, creative yet cheap, put them in nice structure, with their pros,cons and the price, People can read it for fun and if they happen to like the product and they are willing to pay the price, they can buy it .
My keywords is usually typed by people when they are bored, guess you can say I solve boredom. I know this is not the best niche, but its my first website so I wanted to finished what I have started even if it means failing.
Thank you

94blackbird

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
May 21, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
If it were me honestly, I wouldn't list the pros and cons of my products. Don't do your customers work for them. For my own venture, I'm focusing on the benefit/value my customers will receive from my product. I believe it is my job to upsell the benefits of my product and it is my customers job to decide if there is a downside, and if they do see a downside, does the value of my product outwiegh that perceived downside.

On the other hand, it seems like you are making great progress and learning alot along the way. Keep it up!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
This is what I recommend you do for the next months.

Keep going with this idea. Build the website, do your SEO, learn how to make the site look good, clean, and user-friendly. Google any coding problems you might have, and fix them as they come. Get it up, running, and looking good.

Learn how to get organic traffic: both black hat and white hat.

Create one piece of content for your site every single day. Write your content: don't outsource it or spin it. Write it in English following proper English grammar rules.

Write compelling copy for your website. Write some articles as if they are sales letters trying to sell a product.

This website is your portfolio piece. I'm going to tell you why...

...because your next step is to then offer the following services to people: Wordpress development, copywriting, and content creation.

Take these skills you've learned and make money with them. Learn how to serve people, and love people, and give them what THEY want. With these skills, you will be qualified to give people what they want and get paid to do so!

You will make money, but it will be Slowlane. That's OK, cuz you're on the sidewalk right now..

After you save around $5,000 (convert to euros) or so... then you can think about taking paid traffic seriously. Paid traffic really is the road to SCALE (and thus, WEALTH)... but you're not there yet.

Put yourself out there. You can do this.

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
This is what I recommend you do for the next months.

Keep going with this idea. Build the website, do your SEO, learn how to make the site look good, clean, and user-friendly. Google any coding problems you might have, and fix them as they come. Get it up, running, and looking good.

Learn how to get organic traffic: both black hat and white hat.

Create one piece of content for your site every single day. Write your content: don't outsource it or spin it. Write it in English following proper English grammar rules.

Write compelling copy for your website. Write some articles as if they are sales letters trying to sell a product.

This website is your portfolio piece. I'm going to tell you why...

...because your next step is to then offer the following services to people: Wordpress development, copywriting, and content creation.

Take these skills you've learned and make money with them. Learn how to serve people, and love people, and give them what THEY want. With these skills, you will be qualified to give people what they want and get paid to do so!

You will make money, but it will be Slowlane. That's OK, cuz you're on the sidewalk right now..

After you save around $5,000 (convert to euros) or so... then you can think about taking paid traffic seriously. Paid traffic really is the road to SCALE (and thus, WEALTH)... but you're not there yet.

Put yourself out there. You can do this.
this is super motivating, thanks man. I am already working on the few of the things that you have mentioned. You suggestion is not exactly as I had planned but still I learned few things, Thank You

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
Time for Journal

Alright I guess I can say it was a productive week, well that is not the good way to put it, when you judge something as productive or not, you are merely judging the situation by result, and result is always out of our control, I think its better to not judge at all and keep improving and if you have to judge then judge by how much effort you put in. Anyway lets just say I work enough, only watched one movie.

I optimize the page for SEO using yaost plugins,(recommended)
I read few blog on how to load my page faster.
Optimize my page for faster loading, (2.30 s)(using different plugins and few code editing like adding expire header )
Read few blog about cross browser testing.
Test my site on different browser and device. (got only little problem with old version of internet explorer but its no big deal to me)
Improve my site design a little.
Read few blogs about affiliate links and their effect on SEO.

Obstacle
yesterday I stress out a little bit (talk with a friend, watched a movie), coz I did not accomplish my task on the time that I had planned and start doubting myself whether I am good enough for this shit or not. I start seeing lots of hole in my plan, I did not consider giving up or anything like that, not even a little but the though of just letting it all go and just go back to doing nothing when it used to be easy did pass through my head. Then I realize I don't have to do shit, I am doing all this by choice so why am I complaining, I was also forgetting that My first site is here simply to learn so failure is an option though my plan is to succeed.

What did I learn
Setting a deadline is not the best idea for newbie, because depending on your capacity you don't know how long it is going to take for you to actually learn something. so relax and take your time, at the same time don't be afraid to move forward don't get stuck in one place coz you did not fix all the problem or learn all the things.
I also learn that negative thoughts are sneaky little bastards, they hide around all day long and wait for you mind to weaken, when your mind is weak or you are not conscious they come and attack you all at once.
Solution: Next time when I see myself being negative I will stop whatever I am doing and take a deep breath and analyze my thought and when I have calm down, then go back to working.

Anyway I guess I can say I did great,
I follow my diet throughly
I did my meditation
I work on internet marketing as planned except for those few times when I lose my focus.
Overall I did great (yes you should praise yourself that is how you let your brain know that what you did was great)

My plan for next week.
Add affiliate link for my site.
Optimize on page SEO further.
learn about google webmaster and analytic.
Register my site to google webmaster and analytic etc.
decide further action.

Reminder of the week.
Know that I don't have to do anything, I choose to do it, so there is no reason to complain like a little bitch, calm down and move forward.

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
Sup Guys

Nothing, Nothing nothing.

Obstacle
Shit happens, its one of those days where all the bad shit happen at the same time, or should I say unusual shit. since we get so used to our norm when things change we consider them bad, because adapting takes willpower and mental energy.
To make long story short, got my keys lost, landlord couldn't give me the key directly, had to stay in other city one extra day. Also lost my bicycle key which means a lot since my cycle is like my car, I go to work, shopping and everything else on my cycle, got little problem with my hosting etc.. Anyway lets keep this complaining as short as possible.

What did I learn
This time I did not learn nothing much new but I feel like, I can become sharper, stronger with this experience. It just reaffirm the things that I have already learned. I did not learn nothing much new but I have stronger believe in things that I already know. Now I know the consequences of forgetting my believes, Every time I make mistake, I carve it into my mind as what not to do, it reduce the chances of making the same mistake again.

My mistake.
1. What has happen to me is just a small shit, it did not put me into depression or anything, but It did throw me out of my usual routine. what I am trying to say is, when shit happens I just go F*ck it, because it is easier.
I wasted like three days, but I still handle it much better than I used to which is most important part, I can always do better.
2. I let my friends influence me, I love my friends, yes I know the quotes "you are the average of five person surrounding you". and I believe that but I still want to keep my old friends, at least two of them. I did not have much of a family so they mean a lot to me. Knowing that the path my friends are walking are different from me, I choose to hang out with them once or twice a month, and I did exactly that, but the problem is, Once I am with them, I completely let go of myself, I mean I forgot my habits, I smoke and drink. I believe you have to be the same man, when you are alone and when you are with other people.
Solution: From now on, I will protect my mind and will be more conscious around my friend, though they are my friend and I love them, but our philosophies and thought are different, therefore I have to be conscious of the opposite influence.
My plan for next week.
same as last week coz I did not do shit.

Reminder of the week.
I know I am going to face more difficulty in the future, this does not mean shit. I have to stay strong, most importantly stay conscious and not get affected by unnecessary emotional bullshit. Put my all focus on what I can do today and NOW.
I slack off, but you know what, I handle this slack off much better than the last time and I am still here, alive, healthy and writing this journey.

Peace out, by my next week update, I will have more things accomplished. (I promise, to myself).

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
Dude, if you want to make first dollar on the internet, just take something that already sells (services or products) combine it with something to make it more interesting/valuable and sell it as a one package. I made $50 last week by putting up a simple website in 1,5h and selling a service (I had just 1 sale BUT at least you know something is good enough and people want it).

Getting that first dollar is nothing, the worst part is figuring out how to do this continuously. You need traffic, traffic is life, traffic is love without it, if you even had a cure for cancer, and nobody knew about it, your product is useless.

So get on a FB groups (these are like mini-forums) and search for pain points, and just give something that helps these people.

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
Dude, if you want to make first dollar on the internet, just take something that already sells (services or products) combine it with something to make it more interesting/valuable and sell it as a one package. I made $50 last week by putting up a simple website in 1,5h and selling a service (I had just 1 sale BUT at least you know something is good enough and people want it).

Getting that first dollar is nothing, the worst part is figuring out how to do this continuously. You need traffic, traffic is life, traffic is love without it, if you even had a cure for cancer, and nobody knew about it, your product is useless.

So get on a FB groups (these are like mini-forums) and search for pain points, and just give something that helps these people.
Thanks for the response, Yeh I know, got that advice before but this is some thing that I have already started so I want to finish it, I quit a lot of project before, don't want this to be the same, what I know for sure is that I will learn a lot even if I don't make a single dime. I am already learning a lot.

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
Lets get right to the point.

Edit my keywords research instruction sheet (I learned few things extra.)
Read few blogs about google analytic, google webmaster, backlinks and on page SEO.
Finished my main page, including adding affiliate link, price etc....
Created a site map,
Register my site to webmaster and analytic.
Did few extra keywords research for my other secondary article, (planning to have total of 15 article).
Made my own keywords checklist sheet (I will improve it as I move forward.)
it looks something like this now.
Subscribe to moz tools for free (30 days trail)

Obstacle
I did not face any special challenges, but I always challenge myself to have as much fun as possible which is not always easy, of course sometimes I feel negative and don't feel like working, those negative thought does not stop me but I try to have less of those thoughts. I know this is making money forum, but I am trying to align my spiritual practice with what I am doing.

What did I learn (general)
I learned a lot but nothing new, its just old mistake happening again and I have to constantly remind myself the lesson that I have learned, that is all. Old habits does not go away easily.

Tip for the fellow Noobs.
Make use of the free trail of anything, (but learn the basic first) go and create a master card if you don't have one, (neteller) and try the trial version of any tool. since you are just a noob(like me) and you have very little chance of actually making some $ so paying to some keywords tool are pointless,(I think) so try to get as much free as possible. of course once you are making enough money, you can choose pay for the best tool depending on what you want to do, that way you are also being fair for the owner of those tools, I am subscribe to moz tools its pretty neat. but too expensive I think, but I still have like 20 days left for free use. (Awesome)

Result
My site got indexed by yahoo (ranking 33) but not by google
Don't want to worry too much about it, once I add about 10 article and if I am still not indexed by google then I will start worrying. Right now I only have one article on my page so I think its normal.

To do list
Going to continue my keywords research and select 15 keywords of total.
write 15 article total.
The rest I will decide later.

Reminder of the week.
You will fall off the path but if you can bring yourself back to the path every time you fall, then something amazing will happen.

I am doing ok.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

Lioness11

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Jun 10, 2015
Nashville, Tn
Interesting the resistance that's coming up- as I read this I hear a lot of "I know" and "I'm not this kind of person". Demarco addresses' this in MF, you are what you believe you are. You don't need to talk yourself into being better-- change your mind and your actions change. We're alol here to learn. Half of the shit you're saying "I already know" to is stuff you're obviously struggling with so quiet your ego and learn something. Fantastic stuff. Great input everyone.

lobsang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 11, 2014
Interesting the resistance that's coming up- as I read this I hear a lot of "I know" and "I'm not this kind of person". Demarco addresses' this in MF, you are what you believe you are. You don't need to talk yourself into being better-- change your mind and your actions change. We're alol here to learn. Half of the shit you're saying "I already know" to is stuff you're obviously struggling with so quiet your ego and learn something. Fantastic stuff. Great input everyone.
This was beautiful and a good reminder for me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.